2458 replies to this topic

#1961 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,460 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:28 PM

Helene St. James@HeleneStJames
Source: "Not looking great" after latest talks tonight between owners, players.

This doesn't sound good....but really, no one in the media really knows anything at this point

#1962 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:34 PM

@TheNYRBlog Source telling me NHL podium in hotel is for press conference tomorrow announcing CBA agreement.

#1963 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:46 PM

@TheNYRBlog Source telling me NHL podium in hotel is for press conference tomorrow announcing CBA agreement.

Please baby Jesus let this be for real...

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#1964 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:48 PM

I am really hoping this is true, although the post above yours says that talks are not looking good. So in reality we won't know until THEY want us to... :(

#1965 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:52 PM

Yah there are tons of conflicting reports out there... but personally the way I see it is they would not set up the presser for nothing. And the fact that there are sources that say its to announce a CBA agreement tomorrow spells it out to me. I think we will hear lots of different stories for the rest of the night, but in actuality both sides are just tidying up and finalizing everything and we will hear a deal tomorrow morning.

#1966 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:54 PM

Yah there are tons of conflicting reports out there... but personally the way I see it is they would not set up the presser for nothing. And the fact that there are sources that say its to announce a CBA agreement tomorrow spells it out to me. I think we will hear lots of different stories for the rest of the night, but in actuality both sides are just tidying up and finalizing everything and we will hear a deal tomorrow morning.

I hope that to be true, I would hate if it was to cancel the season (which by the sounds of it, is not the case) seems like they were pretty much in agreement about everything aside from contract lengths in their proposals tonight. If they cancelled a season because of contract length I would murder someone lol.

#1967 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:56 PM

they would never cancel the season this early they would wait til january for that... there is no doubt in my mind that, not long from now, I will be getting my tickets to the home opener :)

#1968 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:00 PM

On that note, If****** hate Twitter and it's stupid SSL errors. I don't know what I just did, god forbid I perform a search on the site, and now I can't access it at all due to SSL errors. Can't even add an exception.

For the last 6 months I couldn't use Twitter because of this. Recently it started working, and of course now, nothing. If I can't get this site to work and I work in IT. They done f***ed up.

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#1969 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:03 PM

Helene St. James@HeleneStJames
Source: "Not looking great" after latest talks tonight between owners, players.

This doesn't sound good....but really, no one in the media really knows anything at this point

perhaps Helene means she isn't looking great after latest talks.. out of excitement of an announcement, of course. :P

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#1970 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:04 PM

On that note, If****** hate Twitter and it's stupid SSL errors. I don't know what I just did, god forbid I perform a search on the site, and now I can't access it at all due to SSL errors. Can't even add an exception.

For the last 6 months I couldn't use Twitter because of this. Recently it started working, and of course now, nothing. If I can't get this site to work and I work in IT. They done f***ed up.

I don't even have a twitter because I think it is dumb. Most relevant sports related posts on twitter get posted here anyways, so i am cool with that :)

#1971 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:05 PM

I don't even have a twitter because I think it is dumb. Most relevant sports related posts on twitter get posted here anyways, so i am cool with that :)

I agree. I only get on it to check for breaking news in times like these. And the god damnf****** site won't work when I need it to. Of course.

#1972 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:08 PM

I agree. I only get on it to check for breaking news in times like these. And the god damnf****** site won't work when I need it to. Of course.

It's just you because I have never had a problem with it.
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#1973 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:08 PM

I really miss the days, of having useful, well thought out news on an actual homepage instead of this twitter crap. Guys like MacKenzie, LeBrun and Dreger should stick to using tsn.ca instead of shortmessage-system aka twitter.

As long as nothing has been made official, I will remain skeptical.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#1974 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

I really miss the days, of having useful, well thought out news on an actual homepage instead of this twitter crap. Guys like MacKenzie, LeBrun and Dreger should stick to using tsn.ca instead of shortmessage-system aka twitter.

As long as nothing has been made official, I will remain skeptical.

I will remain skeptical as well as hopeful. I have gotten my hopes up already just to see everything unravel in like 10 minutes, so I won't get optimistic until everything is made official.

#1975 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,176 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:22 PM

Nothing being posted on Twitter other than Fehr sent out pizza to the press and the hotel provided cookies. The podium now has a Twitter account. Make that 2 accounts. Good grief.

#podiumwatch is trending; I HIGHLY recommend reading it if you have an account. Some of them are damn funny.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#1976 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:22 PM

Nothing being posted on Twitter other than Fehr sent out pizza to the press and the hotel provided cookies. The podium now has a Twitter account. Make that 2 accounts. Good grief.

definitely ridiculous but it did have one tweet i thought was pretty funny ha....

NHL Podium@NHLPodium

I'm trying to read the first page of Bettman's notes sitting on top of me, but all I can make out is "sneer condescendingly".

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#1977 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:25 PM

I managed to read @NHLPodium's feed before I got kicked. I was searching for something then I got a cert error. It's fairly common with this CA but no real answer to fixing it. FF should let me in after I create an exemption for the cert error, but nope. I can still get to it on my phone. I just hate doing stuff on mobile devices.

#1978 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:38 PM

#Podiumwatch - Day 81, those idiots still think we are going to save their precious hockey season...

#1979 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,176 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:49 PM

@NormanJamesCTV: Forbes just valued the podium ahead of 15 NHL franchises

Da Flobz@DaFlobz
#PodiumWatch Breaking News: Bruins had a third 1st round pick from Leafs, Draft #NHLPodium as franchise goalie.

OMG!! RT @Kesler_84: Tim Thomas is "taking a year off" because the podium is a democrat.... And black...

Adam Rickert@adam_rickert
#podiumwatch Patrick Kane just beat up the podium over 60 cents

Christopher Tremblay@TremzLightyear
Breaking news: Pk Subban has walked near #NHLPodium and fell backwards after 0 contact, #NHLPodium penalized for boarding#PodiumWatch

Jamie Kellner@jbk_ltd
RT @_TyAnderson: BREAKING: With a glass of water on it, Podium now has more Cups than the Vancouver Canucks and Buffalo Sabres. #podiumwatch

Michelle Lewis@ChiquitaBlndita
Have prayers in to @HockeyTheGods &@Hockey_Jesus and sent a Swiffer duster to NHL Podium.

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#1980 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:03 AM

@NormanJamesCTV: Forbes just valued the podium ahead of 15 NHL franchises

Da Flobz@DaFlobz
#PodiumWatch Breaking News: Bruins had a third 1st round pick from Leafs, Draft #NHLPodium as franchise goalie.

OMG!! RT @Kesler_84: Tim Thomas is "taking a year off" because the podium is a democrat.... And black...

Adam Rickert@adam_rickert
#podiumwatch Patrick Kane just beat up the podium over 60 cents

Christopher Tremblay@TremzLightyear
Breaking news: Pk Subban has walked near #NHLPodium and fell backwards after 0 contact, #NHLPodium penalized for boarding#PodiumWatch

Jamie Kellner@jbk_ltd
RT @_TyAnderson: BREAKING: With a glass of water on it, Podium now has more Cups than the Vancouver Canucks and Buffalo Sabres. #podiumwatch

Michelle Lewis@ChiquitaBlndita
Have prayers in to @HockeyTheGods &@Hockey_Jesus and sent a Swiffer duster to NHL Podium.

Thanks to you reading the podiumwatch tweets is occupying me more then checking lockout news and 9gag were combined