Wings to Europe: Tracking which DRW players are playing where

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 Azelov

Azelov

Jr. Prospect

• 28 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:48 PM

Damien brunner is already in Switzerland. He'll play with his former team, EV Zug.

#22 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:55 PM

it seems like a logical move, dk why europe is so attractive to some.

Its quite simple. Money.

#23 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:35 PM

Damien brunner is already in Switzerland. He'll play with his former team, EV Zug.

That is only until the AHL season starts. He talked about this in the press recently...just playing a few games for EV Zug and taking care of loose ends in Switzerland, and then playing with the Griffs this season until the lockout ends (if it ends).

“The plan right now is to go back to Switzerland for a couple of weeks and then be back when the American Hockey League season starts, adjust to the small ice and get ready for (Red Wings) training camp,'' Brunner said.

He said if the NHL locks out players on Sept. 15, he'll return to Switzerland and play a couple of games for Zug, his hometown team, and then join the Griffins. He is exempt from waivers, enabling the Red Wings to assign him to the AHL.

“For three weeks there isn't really much to do here,'' Brunner said. “I would rather go back and get a couple of games to get in shape and come over with good confidence level and then get right into it.''

The Griffins season opener is Oct. 12.

#24 swiss_redwingfan

swiss_redwingfan

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:08 PM

Latest Reports over here claim that Brunner will play the whole lockout for the EV Zug. We will see...

#25 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:29 PM

Latest Reports over here claim that Brunner will play the whole lockout for the EV Zug. We will see...

wouldn't make that much sense especially with his development. he would be doing himself some justice playing in the ahl while the lockout takes place to transition into the.north american game. it would only hurt him.and his chances of playing in the big show if he were to stay there. just my two cents. sounds.like the kids got his head on his shoulders though and has a really.good attitude. excited to see what he can bring.to the table after his translation to the n/a game

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#26 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:20 PM

He was assigned to GR. Pretty sure that means he is playing there.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#27 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,280 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:02 AM

45]

FollowingPosted ImageJakub KindlVerified@JKindl4

Looks like deal is done for now going to play in Pardubice pic.twitter.com/yJVIp5TC

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#28 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:17 AM

Ok, the first Wing to sign a deal in Europe is our beloved Pavel Datsyuk, with Ak Bars Kazan of the KHL, terms tbd.

Mlive

I wonder where the rest will end up? We got some hints earlier this week:

And then we already have three that won't be playing anywhere. Surprisingly, Zetterberg is here to stay and fight for the NHLPA:

Said Zetterberg to the press:

Love what Z said about Buttman. He needs to go so we don't have a 5-7 year countdown to the next NHL lockout.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#29 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,280 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:31 AM

45]
Posted ImagePavel Lysenkov@plysenkov

Pavel Datsyuk has signed the contract with CSKA. #detroit

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#30 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:41 AM

Khan confirms: http://www.mlive.com...syuk_joins.html

Detroit Red Wings center Pavel Datsyuk will play for CSKA Moscow of Russia's Kontinental Hockey League during the NHL lockout, according to Sovietsy Sport, a national daily newspaper in that country.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#31 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:40 AM

Filppula has signed with Jokerit in Finland's SM-Liiga and will join his brother Ilari on the team.

mlive

Meanwhile, in non-Wings news...I saw that Patrick Berglund is playing for Vasteras in the 2nd tier Swedish league Allsvenskan FOR FREE, while Ovie has signed with Dynamo in the KHL for $5.7 Million tax-free!!! :glare:

puck daddy

#32 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,315 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:54 AM

Best wishes to all players...
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#33 Hell Toupee

Hell Toupee

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:43 AM

Its quite simple. Money.

And / or they really want to play hockey close to their real home, where their family and longtime friends are?

#34 MibJab

MibJab

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:58 AM

A little birdie told me Z-Berg to France.

Edited by MibJab, 20 September 2012 - 03:48 AM.

#35 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:59 AM

A little birdie told me Z-Berg to France.

Z's already came out and said that he isn't playing anywhere for the lockout and will be on the committee to try and hash things out on their front. Boy's ready to fight to play some hockey! (or not, depending on your personal views on the CBA negotiations) If i'm wrong hell! I'd rather him not play and let that horrible back of his recover alittle more than a normal offseason.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#36 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:08 AM

Awesome news about Zetterberg staying until at least Christmas. If anyone's body needs extra rest it's him. He should come back firing on all cylinders as long as he continues working out.

Without playing, Homer is done. At his age and with his problems months of inactivity is going to make him far less effective than normal.

EDIT: That shocks me that Ovechkin his playing for just over 5 million. Usually Russia throws TONS of money at people. Are they trying to be less mafia like or something?
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#37 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,086 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:40 AM

Awesome news about Zetterberg staying until at least Christmas. If anyone's body needs extra rest it's him. He should come back firing on all cylinders as long as he continues working out.

Without playing, Homer is done. At his age and with his problems months of inactivity is going to make him far less effective than normal.

EDIT: That shocks me that Ovechkin his playing for just over 5 million. Usually Russia throws TONS of money at people. Are they trying to be less mafia like or something?

I would think that's because they know the NHL is locked out and so they know they don't have to pay him ridiculous figures to lure him back to Russia.....he's playing in Russia whether he makes 5 mill or 10....so they offered 5

#38 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:40 AM

I could be wrong but I am pretty sure that the KHL implemented a rule that locked out NHL players can only earn something like 75% of what their NHL contract pays them..

"Push the dirt off your jersey then go for the cup or the trophy or the ring, champion no matter what."

#39 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:33 PM

Huh, Tomas Tatar has gone to the Slovak Extraliga league.

Tomas Tatar@Trto90
It's official. Signed for few weeks in new Slovak Team till AHL start. Huge thanks to RedWings organization to letting me go #hockey#SlovakFans

#40 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,300 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:58 PM

I would think that's because they know the NHL is locked out and so they know they don't have to pay him ridiculous figures to lure him back to Russia.....he's playing in Russia whether he makes 5 mill or 10....so they offered 5

And I'm guessing there's a clause where he can bail and return to the NHL if the owners stop locking the players out. That's going to lower the amount too.