• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
evilmrt

Wings to Europe: Tracking which DRW players are playing where

Rate this topic

Ok, the first Wing to sign a deal in Europe is our beloved Pavel Datsyuk, with Ak Bars Kazan of the KHL, terms tbd.

Mlive

I wonder where the rest will end up? We got some hints earlier this week:

And then we already have three that won't be playing anywhere. Surprisingly, Zetterberg is here to stay and fight for the NHLPA:

Said Zetterberg to the press:

Love what Z said about Buttman. He needs to go so we don't have a 5-7 year countdown to the next NHL lockout.

Filppula has signed with Jokerit in Finland's SM-Liiga and will join his brother Ilari on the team.

mlive

Meanwhile, in non-Wings news...I saw that Patrick Berglund is playing for Vasteras in the 2nd tier Swedish league Allsvenskan FOR FREE, while Ovie has signed with Dynamo in the KHL for $5.7 Million tax-free!!! :glare:

puck daddy

A little birdie told me Z-Berg to France.

Z's already came out and said that he isn't playing anywhere for the lockout and will be on the committee to try and hash things out on their front. Boy's ready to fight to play some hockey! (or not, depending on your personal views on the CBA negotiations) If i'm wrong hell! I'd rather him not play and let that horrible back of his recover alittle more than a normal offseason.

Awesome news about Zetterberg staying until at least Christmas. If anyone's body needs extra rest it's him. He should come back firing on all cylinders as long as he continues working out.

Without playing, Homer is done. At his age and with his problems months of inactivity is going to make him far less effective than normal.

EDIT: That shocks me that Ovechkin his playing for just over 5 million. Usually Russia throws TONS of money at people. Are they trying to be less mafia like or something?

Awesome news about Zetterberg staying until at least Christmas. If anyone's body needs extra rest it's him. He should come back firing on all cylinders as long as he continues working out.

Without playing, Homer is done. At his age and with his problems months of inactivity is going to make him far less effective than normal.

EDIT: That shocks me that Ovechkin his playing for just over 5 million. Usually Russia throws TONS of money at people. Are they trying to be less mafia like or something?

I would think that's because they know the NHL is locked out and so they know they don't have to pay him ridiculous figures to lure him back to Russia.....he's playing in Russia whether he makes 5 mill or 10....so they offered 5

I could be wrong but I am pretty sure that the KHL implemented a rule that locked out NHL players can only earn something like 75% of what their NHL contract pays them..

I would think that's because they know the NHL is locked out and so they know they don't have to pay him ridiculous figures to lure him back to Russia.....he's playing in Russia whether he makes 5 mill or 10....so they offered 5

And I'm guessing there's a clause where he can bail and return to the NHL if the owners stop locking the players out. That's going to lower the amount too.

And now the SEL's decision to block shortterm contracts has been forcibly lifted so we'll see what happens next! I'm not really sure how many of Detroit's players will be affected but for Swedish hockey fans this is a pretty big deal. Time for Frölunda to pick up some players!!