• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:24 AM

So why haven't they named a captain yet? Is it safe to say it is Zetterberg?

#2 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:35 AM

If Lidstrom's assignment as captain is any indication, they will name the captain before the first game of the season. There is no reason why it won't be Zetterberg.

#3 AusWing40

AusWing40

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:10 AM

Almost certain to be zetterberg

#4 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:08 AM

I really doubt that Timrċ will make Zetterberg, captain. :hehe:

#5 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,388 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:37 AM

Zetterberg or Kronwall Helm isn't ready yet for this duty.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#6 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:53 AM

Getting Zetterberg numbers on my blank jersey I just wanted to make sure I can put the C on there.

#7 Jedi

Jedi

Christmastime is buzzing in my skull...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,825 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:07 AM

Getting Zetterberg numbers on my blank jersey I just wanted to make sure I can put the C on there.

No official announcement has been made yet, and I guarantee that nothing will come before the lockout ends.

If you're dead set on gambling with your jersey, then Z would be the best bet, as it's almost a certainty that he'll get the "C". Personally, though, I would wait, just in case.

"And the best, I must confess, I have saved for the last, for the ruler of this Christmas land,

is a fearsome king with a deep mighty voice, least, that's what I've come to understand.

And I've also heard it told, that he's something to behold, like a lobster, huge and red!

When he sets out to slay with his rain gear on, carting bulging sacks with his big great arms, that is so I've heard it said.

And on a dark cold night, under full moon light, he flies into a fog like a vulture in the sky!

And they call him Sandy Claws!

#8 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:20 AM

Zetterberg or Kronwall Helm isn't ready yet for this duty.

I don't ever see Helm being captain... hes not a face of the franchise like Z is. I see after Z it probably being Smith or if he lasts a lot of year someone like Jarnkrok.
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#9 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:56 AM

They put the C on Z in NHL 13 already, it has to be true.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#10 ToledoWingsFan

ToledoWingsFan

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:06 AM

They put the C on Z in NHL 13 already, it has to be true.

I noticed that too. I think Cleary has an A also.

#11 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:02 PM

I noticed that too. I think Cleary has an A also.

Yup....stripped that nice and quick and tossed it on Kronwall. Was hoping to have 3 A's in rotation but you can only do that if you don't have a C. I would have put an A on Flip. Smith is my HUT Captain.

Z will be the next Wings captain. I doubt Dats even wants it and Kronwall doesn't beat out Z for it even though he's awesome and also has a nice beard.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#12 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:16 PM

If Zetterberg retires at 38-ish depending on his back issues, Smith would be 29 at that point and would be the perfect guy to succeed him.

bringit.jpg

#13 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,048 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:39 PM

There can be only one.

Posted Image

Edited by GMRwings1983, 17 September 2012 - 09:08 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#14 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:24 PM

agree with everyone who is saying Z then Smith (assuming smith ends up being as great as we think he will).

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#15 FireCaptain

FireCaptain

This space for rent.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:38 PM

Agreed. Only one.

Posted Image

There can be only one.

Posted Image

Most nights, my posts are brought to you by some sort of IPA and a heaping dose of sarcasm.
Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan.
We not score, is hard to win. - Pavel Datsyuk #13

#16 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:23 AM

Don't forget Val is already being groomed for next in line. Assuming a bunch of people don't get their wish and he's traded.

#17 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:12 PM

Don't forget Val is already being groomed for next in line. Assuming a bunch of people don't get their wish and he's traded.

There are no indications that Filppula is expected to be captain of the team in the future.

#18 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:32 PM

There are no indications that Filppula is expected to be captain of the team in the future.

next in line? no. after Z though, I have read something on that before. i looked for the article but couldn't find it. basically it was talking about how detroit has had its next captains sit next to its previous ones in the locker room before and mentioned something about filp sitting next to Z (and maybe lids, i don't remember)

Although, i for one think that by the time zette is done being captain/retiring, smith will be ready to take over the C as he'll likely be a top 2 D-man by then and be younger than filp.

it's all speculation. but filp will likely get zette's A when he steps up as captain.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#19 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:46 PM

next in line? no. after Z though, I have read something on that before. i looked for the article but couldn't find it. basically it was talking about how detroit has had its next captains sit next to its previous ones in the locker room before and mentioned something about filp sitting next to Z (and maybe lids, i don't remember)

Although, i for one think that by the time zette is done being captain/retiring, smith will be ready to take over the C as he'll likely be a top 2 D-man by then and be younger than filp.

it's all speculation. but filp will likely get zette's A when he steps up as captain.

Zetterberg was put next to Yzerman's locker when the latter was captain. Filppula's locker being next to Zetterberg's when Z was neither captain nor guaranteed to be the next captain has no significance whatsoever. More, Filppula speaks poor English with a heavy accent, has never been noted as a leader in the locker room, and has not been noted as having any significant leadership potential. Whatever article you read on the matter was likely 100% speculative. Was it from BleacherReport?

Edited by Crymson, 18 September 2012 - 12:46 PM.

#20 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:50 PM

http://www.mlive.com...eplacement.html

Lidstrom was asked about his replacement but would only say that there are several quality candidates. He named Zetterberg, Kronwall and forward Valtteri Filppula as potential captains.

I also read that article that was talking about where they sat. I'll have to look for it later.

Edited by rrasco, 18 September 2012 - 12:51 PM.