• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
joesuffP

Captaincy

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

If Lidstrom's assignment as captain is any indication, they will name the captain before the first game of the season. There is no reason why it won't be Zetterberg.

Getting Zetterberg numbers on my blank jersey I just wanted to make sure I can put the C on there.

No official announcement has been made yet, and I guarantee that nothing will come before the lockout ends.

If you're dead set on gambling with your jersey, then Z would be the best bet, as it's almost a certainty that he'll get the "C". Personally, though, I would wait, just in case.

Zetterberg or Kronwall Helm isn't ready yet for this duty.

I don't ever see Helm being captain... hes not a face of the franchise like Z is. I see after Z it probably being Smith or if he lasts a lot of year someone like Jarnkrok.

I noticed that too. I think Cleary has an A also.

Yup....stripped that nice and quick and tossed it on Kronwall. Was hoping to have 3 A's in rotation but you can only do that if you don't have a C. I would have put an A on Flip. Smith is my HUT Captain.

Z will be the next Wings captain. I doubt Dats even wants it and Kronwall doesn't beat out Z for it even though he's awesome and also has a nice beard.

Guest irishock

If Zetterberg retires at 38-ish depending on his back issues, Smith would be 29 at that point and would be the perfect guy to succeed him.

Guest Crymson

Don't forget Val is already being groomed for next in line. Assuming a bunch of people don't get their wish and he's traded.

There are no indications that Filppula is expected to be captain of the team in the future.

There are no indications that Filppula is expected to be captain of the team in the future.

next in line? no. after Z though, I have read something on that before. i looked for the article but couldn't find it. basically it was talking about how detroit has had its next captains sit next to its previous ones in the locker room before and mentioned something about filp sitting next to Z (and maybe lids, i don't remember)

Although, i for one think that by the time zette is done being captain/retiring, smith will be ready to take over the C as he'll likely be a top 2 D-man by then and be younger than filp.

it's all speculation. but filp will likely get zette's A when he steps up as captain.

Guest Crymson

next in line? no. after Z though, I have read something on that before. i looked for the article but couldn't find it. basically it was talking about how detroit has had its next captains sit next to its previous ones in the locker room before and mentioned something about filp sitting next to Z (and maybe lids, i don't remember)

Although, i for one think that by the time zette is done being captain/retiring, smith will be ready to take over the C as he'll likely be a top 2 D-man by then and be younger than filp.

it's all speculation. but filp will likely get zette's A when he steps up as captain.

Zetterberg was put next to Yzerman's locker when the latter was captain. Filppula's locker being next to Zetterberg's when Z was neither captain nor guaranteed to be the next captain has no significance whatsoever. More, Filppula speaks poor English with a heavy accent, has never been noted as a leader in the locker room, and has not been noted as having any significant leadership potential. Whatever article you read on the matter was likely 100% speculative. Was it from BleacherReport?

Edited by Crymson

http://www.mlive.com...eplacement.html

Lidstrom was asked about his replacement but would only say that there are several quality candidates. He named Zetterberg, Kronwall and forward Valtteri Filppula as potential captains.

I also read that article that was talking about where they sat. I'll have to look for it later.

Edited by rrasco

Guest Crymson

Lidstrom sat next to Stevie, Z sat next to Lids, and Fil sits next to Z. That is an indication. It's speculation at this point, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.

http://www.mlive.com...eplacement.html

You've got it wrong. Zetterberg's locker was placed next to Yzerman's in 2005. As such, no indication of the type you're suggesting exists.

I personally don't think Fil's english is bad at all. He's always been easy to understand during interviews. Pav has come a long way, but he's still a hilarious adventure to try and decipher.

I guess my point is I don't see a language barrier being an obstruction to a leadership role for Fil. Personally I would like to see Cleary get the third "A" if they decide to rotate three again.

You've got it wrong. Zetterberg's locker was placed next to Yzerman's in 2005. As such, no indication of the type you're suggesting exists.

You quoted me before I could change that up...but I know it was some kind of locker stall thing they do to put these future leaders next to current leaders. Fil was mentioned in that regard. Not only that, but his name came out of Lidstrom's mouth when asked about a replacement captain. I think that is enough to give merit to.