• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:52 PM

Lidstrom sat next to Stevie, Z sat next to Lids, and Fil sits next to Z. That is an indication. It's speculation at this point, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.

http://www.mlive.com...eplacement.html

You've got it wrong. Zetterberg's locker was placed next to Yzerman's in 2005. As such, no indication of the type you're suggesting exists.

#22 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:01 PM

I personally don't think Fil's english is bad at all. He's always been easy to understand during interviews. Pav has come a long way, but he's still a hilarious adventure to try and decipher.

I guess my point is I don't see a language barrier being an obstruction to a leadership role for Fil. Personally I would like to see Cleary get the third "A" if they decide to rotate three again.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#23 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:49 PM

You've got it wrong. Zetterberg's locker was placed next to Yzerman's in 2005. As such, no indication of the type you're suggesting exists.

You quoted me before I could change that up...but I know it was some kind of locker stall thing they do to put these future leaders next to current leaders. Fil was mentioned in that regard. Not only that, but his name came out of Lidstrom's mouth when asked about a replacement captain. I think that is enough to give merit to.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#24 robb himself

robb himself

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:32 PM

I will be happy with either Zetterberg or Datsyuk as Captain but it will probably be

Zetterberg - C
Datsyuk - A
Kronwall - A
Filppula - A (if rotating)

Edited by robb himself, 18 September 2012 - 03:44 PM.

be about it!

#25 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,006 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:27 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing Helm get the A.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#26 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,959 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:43 PM

You quoted me before I could change that up...but I know it was some kind of locker stall thing they do to put these future leaders next to current leaders. Fil was mentioned in that regard. Not only that, but his name came out of Lidstrom's mouth when asked about a replacement captain. I think that is enough to give merit to.

The words right from Nick's mouth:

"I might get asked about my opinion of it, but I think the coaching staff and management will find a very good captain for this team," Lidstrom said.
"I think there's a few candidates that are very fit to fill that role. I think Zetterberg has been a leader for a few years. (Niklas) Kronwall emerged as a leader. I think (Valtteri Filppula) is one of the players."

http://www.freep.com...om-extra-points

And more on the Wings historically partnering up future leaders with current, specifically Yzerman-Lapointe, Yzerman-Zetterberg, & Zetterberg-Filppula:

http://www.foxsports...712&feedID=3569

Edited by ogreslayer, 18 September 2012 - 04:48 PM.

#27 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:38 PM

Interesting I could easily see

C - Zetterberg
A - Kronwall
A - Datsyuk
A - if rotating Helm/Filps

Edited by frankgrimes, 18 September 2012 - 11:38 PM.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#28 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:56 PM

Zetterberg was put next to Yzerman's locker when the latter was captain. Filppula's locker being next to Zetterberg's when Z was neither captain nor guaranteed to be the next captain has no significance whatsoever. More, Filppula speaks poor English with a heavy accent, has never been noted as a leader in the locker room, and has not been noted as having any significant leadership potential. Whatever article you read on the matter was likely 100% speculative. Was it from BleacherReport?

next in line? no. after Z though, I have read something on that before. i looked for the article but couldn't find it. basically it was talking about how detroit has had its next captains sit next to its previous ones in the locker room before and mentioned something about filp sitting next to Z (and maybe lids, i don't remember)

Although, i for one think that by the time zette is done being captain/retiring, smith will be ready to take over the C as he'll likely be a top 2 D-man by then and be younger than filp.

it's all speculation. but filp will likely get zette's A when he steps up as captain.

speculative? yeah, i know.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."