31 replies to this topic

#21 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:57 AM

Some of the facebook comments..... wow.

"Shouldn't even make a tournament because Gordie automatically wins this"? That's just downright disrespectful to Yzerman and Lidstrom. Well, most of 'em are fairweather fans anyways.

Edited by irishock, 28 September 2012 - 11:57 AM.

bringit.jpg

#22 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,804 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:40 AM

Round 2 is officially underway. The updated bracket is as follows...
Posted Image

It's easy to see that the voting method (Facebook, Twitter), which is designed to impact younger members of the Red Wings' fanbase, is taking its toll on the members of the previous Red Wings generations. For instance, Delvecchio getting beat by Kris Draper? And call it sentimentality, but I disagree with Chelios beating Konstantinov.

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#23 martinezsvsu

martinezsvsu

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:07 PM

im pretty upset about konstantinov getting no respect but the rest seems agreeable

#24 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,872 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:10 PM

I'm almost as big of an Osgood fan as a Kronwall fan, but over Kelly? I have to wonder if it was close or if the fans are so young that they don't know who Kelly was. Draper over Delvecchio makes me think it's the latter.

#25 Jedi

Jedi

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,804 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:17 PM

Today's matchup is Fedorov vs. Shanahan. Very tough for me to choose.

snyoep.jpg

#26 martinezsvsu

martinezsvsu

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:49 PM

yuup ^^^ when i looked at the match up today i was stumped. eventually i went with shanny due to loyalty

#27 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:21 AM

Feds with a 2 to 1 advantage over Shanny right now.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#28 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:22 AM

Lindsay beating Feds 3 to 1, so much for the "modern generation" theory.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#29 Jedi

Jedi

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,804 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:34 AM

Lindsay beating Feds 3 to 1, so much for the "modern generation" theory.

I never predicted that every single older generation Red Wing would lose to a newer generation player. I only said that the voting method tends to skew results towards more recent Alums, since the voting is only held by social media, which is by and large ignored by the generation who would identify with the older Alums.

And, considering it's Ted Lindsay, it's not surprising that he won. Easily identified as one of the best players of all time, let along one of the best Red Wings of all time.

Here's the bracket as it stands today...
Posted Image

snyoep.jpg

#30 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:03 AM

I never predicted that every single older generation Red Wing would lose to a newer generation player.

I never said that you did?

#31 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:33 AM

Round 2 is officially underway.

And call it sentimentality, but I disagree with Chelios beating Konstantinov.

I was going to say the same thing. Chelios was great for us (for about 50 years heh) but I've said it before and I'll say it again, I wish konstantinov played a full career sooo so badly.... :/ guy was so good with so much potential.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#32 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:55 PM

Down to Nick and Stevie.

Surprising to see Nick beat Gordie almost 3-1. Figured Nick would win, but thought it'd be closer than that. Not very surprised to see the Captain beat Ted 23-1 though.