• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:12 PM

Borderlands 2 is finally here, the sequel to one of the best next gen games in recent years. It's everything I hoped it would be and more, it still has the classic brilliant Borderlands gameplay with unique visuals and a literal stockpile of millions of weapons.

For those unfamiliar, Borderlands plays like a shooter combined with a RPG and elements of a MMO. There is both a single player campaign and online cooperative for up to four players. You embark on various missions through a humorous apocalyptic world looting for rare weapons and the legendary money vaults that half of the planet is trying to discover. You are given the title of "vault hunter" and have four primary classes to choose from, each specializes in different weaponry and explosives.

There is a random weapon generator, so you will not see the same gun twice, which is a main part of the appeal for me. You are constantly finding new and unique weapons including an assault rifle that fires three round bursts of mini rockets or a hand cannon that blasts flaming mortars at your foes. Weapons are rated from common to rare by color as many dungeon crawlers have displayed in the past. With different levels of damage, elemental effects, and other statistics you are constantly looking to upgrade your weapon and rarely stick with the same one for more than fifteen minutes.

I was a fanatic of the first game, and probably put more gameplay hours into it than I did with any other game, approximately 15 gameplay days, It's a gaming experience unlike anything else currently available, and plan on sinking just as much time into the second.

Anyone else a big Borderlands fan like I am? Anyone pick up the sequel yet?

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#2 MCleveland89

MCleveland89

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:19 AM

I got Borderlands during the Steam Summer Sale, and love it. I finished the main game, and am working through expansions. It's awesome. I can't wait to play the 2nd one.

#3 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:21 PM

Let me know when you do, i'm always willing to trade equipment and offer up cash and help for lower level players.

I thought there would be a bigger following for this game, apparently we are the only two :P

A few of the original game's expansions were better than the main campaign, I loved Zombie Island of Dr. Ned and Clap Trap Revolution, among the best game expansions ever released.

Content update for Borderlands 2

Mechromancer downloadable character now available. Includes female vault hunter Gaige and her melee attack robot.

First campaign DLC available 10-16-12, it's been leaked that it will be Pirate themed.

Rumored that a future DLC campaign will be a take on Star Wars. Completely unconfirmed as of right now, but a lightsaber for Zero? Yes please.

#4 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:25 PM

I haven't been on the forums much lately (kinda depressing) but I got BL2 on Monday and holy crap am I hooked. I'm not usually big into first-person shooter games (because I suck at them) but this game is unreal. Seriously, I completely zone out when playing.

#5 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:55 PM

I haven't been on the forums much lately (kinda depressing) but I got BL2 on Monday and holy crap am I hooked. I'm not usually big into first-person shooter games (because I suck at them) but this game is unreal. Seriously, I completely zone out when playing.

There's so much weapon variety that it makes the exploring and looting unmatched for a shooter. I'm constantly pushing to find that better weapon and see what the next enemy looks like, next thing I know 6 hours have burned by. I've currently got Axton to level 44 and Gunzerker to 16, and i'm not even close to finished, even with everything else coming out i'm still finding myself playing Borderlands 2.

Hopefully this catches on and we can get a small community going here and get some weapon gloating and discussion going.

My current best weapon, Legendary (orange) Full Auto Sniper, 5430 Damage with additional electrical effect. Fires three bullets per single shot when zoomed.

#6 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:19 PM

Game is sick! So far all i have is a lv 24 commando but working on all classes. Have the pc version and have been barely playing gw2 since i got it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users