• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ShanahanMan

Jimmy D Speaks out on Lockout, fined $250k

Rate this topic

While I side with the owners that percentage of revenue going to the players should go down, contracts signed before the old CBA should be grandfathered in. That's a very legitimate player gripe. It also happens to greatly favor the Wings, who really have not signed any outrageous deals.

Boom there ya Dumbellano, sticking up for a midget and yet getting fined 250.000.

I think the fine is still to small he may have damaged the great DRW reputation with his cattle comments, he'd better be glad Datsyuk is busy playing in the KHL otherwhise this could really backfire for the whole organizsation.

Can you imagine still having the perfect human on our team and Jim coming out with something like this? WoW, classless idiot. Hope he gets fired on top of the fine.

Jimmy D is a high school dropout who grew up in the bad part of Toronto (yes, they exist in Canada). Eloquence is not his strong suit, but I frankly love it.

But the man is a hockey genius and has been a key component on 8 Stanley Cup winning teams. Yeah, fire him.

Guest Johnz96

Hmm...Interesting interview.

Seriously - Red Wings rep damaged?

You must've not been around when Probert was a Red Wing.

I honestly :lol: at the cattle comment - ya know - he's bloody right, and brutally honest...Gotta give him props for that.

Brutally stupid is more like it.

Boom there ya Dumbellano, sticking up for a midget and yet getting fined 250.000.

I think the fine is still to small he may have damaged the great DRW reputation with his cattle comments, he'd better be glad Datsyuk is busy playing in the KHL otherwhise this could really backfire for the whole organizsation.

Can you imagine still having the perfect human on our team and Jim coming out with something like this? WoW, classless idiot. Hope he gets fired on top of the fine.

Jimmy D is a hockey genius. He hasn't damaged the reputation of the Wings. The Wings have the likes of Jack Adams in their cupboards. You don't have to be likable or wise to be great at your job. Scotty Bowman was a jerk, too, but any team would kill to have him come back and coach them. Jimmy D is on one side of the negotiating table, that's it. Maybe he was a bit crass, but that's his style. It's his opinion, it doesn't affect his job performance, and I doubt many players take it personally outside of using it as a negotiating tactic.

So we're all cattle, are we? Fine.

As for the players, may I suggest that the first time they skate out onto the Joe ice for practice, they all "moo".

Likewise for those fans returning to the Joe, from entering the gate, milling around the foyer until seated, "moo".

Heck, the walkway from the parking lot to the Joe is a cattle chute, anyway. We've gotten stuck in traffic a few times only for someone to start the moo-ing.

SO FREE SPEECH COST $250,000 NOW. Not so free! I'm a Kings fan from 1969, if Luc Robitaille got fined for saying something like that, I'd be boycotting all things NHL and AEG (who own the Kings). Oh, I forgot, because I'm out $1000 on preseason travel plans for Kings games that have been cancelled, I am done with NHL. I lost money on the previous lockouts as well. I'm supporting the AHL, ECHL. Maybe see if DirecTV can get me some of the KHL games.

Goodbye NHL!

Guest Johnz96

The best thing we can do is not show up for a while. They're gonna give us empty arenas, let's give them empty arenas. The owners are too arrogant to realize that the most important aspect of any business is the customers

Edited by Johnz96

Did anyone Catch this in the interview?

He seems to be throwing his own players under the bus including the best player on the team in Datsyuk

Maybe jimmy d was in a really bad mood the day he gave this interview. This just seems so unredwing like

That's what really annoyed me. I don't like when, especially a long tenured Red Wings representative from the classiest team in all of sports, takes and blasts the guys, the players, that keep him in an organization that's been on top for the past 20 years. Credit is due not only the the owners for being successful, but to the players that get the fans in the seats and keep the organizations winning tradition alive.

The only thing i don't like about the NHL players going overseas is that they are taking jobs from other people. The entire world is suffering, not just North America. Jobs are being lost everywhere due to the NHL lockout and this needs to be addressed very quickly. The lockout needs to end as quickly as it's beginning.

The National Hockey League announced today that the Detroit Red Wings have been fined an undisclosed amount for comments made by Red Wings Senior Vice President and Alternate Governor Jim Devellano in an interview that was published earlier this week.

"The Detroit Red Wings’ organization and the League agree that the comments made by Mr. Devellano are neither appropriate, nor authorized, nor permissible under the League's By-Laws," said NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly. "Such comments are neither constructive nor helpful to the negotiations."

Call me crazy or revengehungry but after this whole crapfest I'd love to see some competing leagues in Europe. Maybe then the cattles are going the leaf the ranch in dozens and this atrocious midget can look at empty seats and stars heading overseas.

I think this is really the kick in the balls this monopolistic league needs.

Jim D may be a genious but there is no excuse for throwing your players under the bus like that, especially after our next captain is one of the PA heads.

Sent from my BlackBerry

SO FREE SPEECH COST $250,000 NOW. Not so free! I'm a Kings fan from 1969, if Luc Robitaille got fined for saying something like that, I'd be boycotting all things NHL and AEG (who own the Kings). Oh, I forgot, because I'm out $1000 on preseason travel plans for Kings games that have been cancelled, I am done with NHL. I lost money on the previous lockouts as well. I'm supporting the AHL, ECHL. Maybe see if DirecTV can get me some of the KHL games.

Goodbye NHL!

Freedom of speech is not absolute. I'm assuming you understand this, but if not, he's not speaking as an individual, he's speaking as the representative of an organization.....he got fined by the organization....he didn't get fined by any lawful body or something like that.

Back on topic, I wonder what Datsyuk thinks...seems to me he took a bit of a shot at him indirectly when talking about players that went overseas to play....."we all know who they are"

Goodbye NHL!

This got nothing to do with free speech. NHL can be viewed as a private club, which is free to fine its members (teams) per its own by-laws.

The same people criticizing Jimmy D would be applauding any player that gave a "color" interview vilifying Bettman and the owners. Hilarious stuff around here these days.

esteef

not me. i am pissed at both sides. mainly due to the lack of urgency both have displayed in getting serious negotiations done. but i will say at least they are "informally" talking. in the last lockout, nothing was spoken between the 2 sides until december.

Boy, people sure don't like to be reminded of the facts. Yes, the owners are the ranchers, and the players are the cattle. The club execs are like the ranch hands. Not sure why this riled everyone up. It's kind of obvious.

Unless you own your own business, you are cattle too. It's the way the world works. Get a helmet.

Boy, people sure don't like to be reminded of the facts. Yes, the owners are the ranchers, and the players are the cattle. The club execs are like the ranch hands. Not sure why this riled everyone up. It's kind of obvious.

Unless you own your own business, you are cattle too. It's the way the world works. Get a helmet.

1) Those aren't facts.

2) People typically don't shell out $3 billion dollars because they love watching cattle eat grass, so maybe he's underestimating the role of the cattle.

3) Accurate or not it's an incredibly stupid thing for Devellano to say during CBA negotiations. He should know better.