• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest irishock

Report: NHL may cancel Winter Classic by November if no CBA deal

Rate this topic

tumblr_mafe73dpzL1r0awhk.gif

So much for my excitement about actually getting tickets. This whole things sucks. I would think the league would want to do everything in their power to make sure the Classic happens, given that they will be making asstruckloads of money. They're shooting themselves in the foot, and shooting all of us in the face.

We should send all the owners and players involved to Siberia to hold their own Winter Classic in an ice shack until they work out their differences.

This entire scenario is beyond aggravating at this point. It's becoming hard to remain a loyal hockey fan through hard times like these.

Again if further proof was needed this shows exactly that the midget knows absolutely nothing about hockey.

Go on cancel it NHL you are only shooting yourself in the foot, effing pos get out of our game.

Anyone else hoping for Gretzky as our next commissioner?

Sent from my BlackBerry

So will I be getting a refund on the $750 I just paid for my tickets, if that happens? If not, I'm going to have to take a long, hard look at whether I want to devote any of my future time or money to NHL hockey.

The lockout is all because of money. Now there talking about the event that would bring in the most money of the NHL season. Foolish, getting tired of this stuff already and were only a week in.

This is what I don't understand--the players don't stand to make any more money with or without the classic! Why should they care, other than for the fans, which its already been made painfully obvious that no one gives a s*** about? The league stands to make a fortune. I don't imagine Mr. I is too pleased with this decision, given the money it will bring into the city...

More negotiating nonsense from the league: do it our way or we'll just whine and keep extending the lockout.

I was kinda thinking the Winter Classic would be the start of the season the way things were playing out. Now I just fully expect the entire season to go down the drain. Too much arrogance and incompetent fools running this league to have any confidence they will do something sensible for once.

At least there is that. I have been worried they would either cancel the game, or not, the week prior to it. All this talk about the Classic being the first game of the year, if that happens, we are likely to not know until right before it, in which case, I have to find people, transportation, and lodging in a matter of days to make it. Not how I wanted the WC trip to pan out. At least if they cancel it in Nov I'll know.

Either way.....I'm getting really tired of this lockout s*** already.

Edited by rrasco

Guest irishock

I think some here might be done with hockey if the entire season ends up being wiped out. The NHL had gone so far from 2006, and now all the momentum ends again. Get ready for some Minnesota, Calgary, Winnipeg and Florida cup finals that won't draw for s*** but is all part of Bettman's plan.