• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
achildr1

The AHL

Rate this topic

So I'm sure i'm no the only one excited for AHL hockey this year...

Couple things: http://okcbarons.com/index.cfm?fa=pressreleases&ra=showarticle&guid=89afd461-0278-478c-bd62-84074deff8d2

Oklahoma City looks filthy. That team will probably decimate the league. RNH, Paajarvi, Eberle, Schultz, Tuebert, Marincen, Martindale, Pitlick...crazy.

Grand Rapids will play two preseason games on the "east side" as well...one at the Huntington Center in Toledo and one at Yost in AA. Be nice to catch one of those.

Who are you guys excited to see? http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=75725

Grand Rapids will play two preseason games on the "east side" as well...one at the Huntington Center in Toledo and one at Yost in AA. Be nice to catch one of those.

Surprised nobody is talking about that (the game at Yost). I'm not in an AHL area, so you guys are lucky back in MI.

So I'm sure i'm no the only one excited for AHL hockey this year...

Couple things: http://okcbarons.com/index.cfm?fa=pressreleases&ra=showarticle&guid=89afd461-0278-478c-bd62-84074deff8d2

Oklahoma City looks filthy. That team will probably decimate the league. RNH, Paajarvi, Eberle, Schultz, Tuebert, Marincen, Martindale, Pitlick...crazy.

Who are you guys excited to see? http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=75725

Unfortunately I am not be able to watch any games, but the AHL should be awesome this season.

OKC had a pretty good team last year too. They steam rolled us in the playoffs. I recall Paajarvi playing for them then as well, then again, it's not like the Oilers had games to play.

I'm ready for AHL action. Everyone here is pretty ticked off though, the Panthers/Stars were going to have a preseason game here on Friday. It was going to be mostly AHLers anyways, but the NHL don't roll through this city so we take what we can get. I wasn't even going but that's still pretty weak.

At least we actually get a season though, and the games should be a little better with the influx of talent sent down.

Edited by rrasco

Looking forward to the AHL season. Looking over some rosters, I see a lot of familiar names:

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (OKC)

Jordan Eberle (OKC)

Taylor Hall (OKC)

Justin Schultz (OKC)

Magnus Paajarvi (OKC)

Alexander Burmistrov (St. John's)

Colton Orr (Toronto)

Jake Gardiner (Toronto)

Gabriel Bourque (Milwaukee)

Erik Gudbranson (San Antonio)

Oliver Ekman-Larsson (Portland)

Joel Rechlicz (Portland)

Cody Hodgson (Rochester)

Marcus Foligno (Rochester)

Corey Tropp (Rochester)

Brett Connolly (Syracuse)

Adam Henrique (Albany)

Andrew Shaw (Rockford)

Brandon Bollig (Rockford)

Nick Leddy (Rockford)

Jimmy Hayes (Rockford)

Travis Hamonic (Bridgeport)

Jared Cowen (Binghamton)

Zack Kassian (Chicago)

Garnet Exelby (Providence)

Jeff Skinner (Charlotte)

Any sites for AHL games?

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Looking forward to the AHL season. Looking over some rosters, I see a lot of familiar names:

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (OKC)

Jordan Eberle (OKC)

Taylor Hall (OKC)

Justin Schultz (OKC)

Magnus Paajarvi (OKC)

This is so unfair :lol:

Guest Johnz96

The Griffs beat the Admirals 4-2 today. I've said it before and I'll say it again. What a difference good goaltending makes.

Billins has been a very impressive quarterback on the PP for the Griffs especially so on the Anderson goal after getting a nifty behind the back pass from Nyquist at the blue line he deked around a defender and with everyone thinking shot he put a beautiful pass between the legs of a defender on the tape to Anderson for an easy redirect.

Sheahan scored his first goal today shorthanded

Mrazek and Billins have to be top RoY candidates so far behind league scoring leader Justin Schultz (Nyquist is currently 2nd in the league)

Edited by Johnz96

Guest Johnz96

This is so unfair :lol:

Throw in Yakupov and they will be saying that in the NHL whenever it resumes.

I think dominating in the AHL together will benefit their chemistry and look for the Oilers to get off to a good start if they do manage to salvage the season