• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest irishock

White as home jerseys or road jerseys?

Rate this topic

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

the whole idea behind wearing white at home is to draw the colors from other teams in for the fans. face it, if your a islanders fan, and they wear colors at home...everyone comes in wearing white. no fun.

come on wings...go back to white at home. they just look better.

Guest irishock

I think it'd be cool to see a whiteout at the Joe again. Red-out doesn't seem as intimidating.

Definitely should go back to white jerseys at home, that's how it was when I first started watching in the '90s

it still bothers me that they switched after the last lockout

plus I think the red sweaters are more intimidating on the road

I wonder if the players have a preference?

I think it'd be cool to see a whiteout at the Joe again. Red-out doesn't seem as intimidating.

Yeah, I have noticed some of the white outs in the league have seemed kind of silly after the switch. The home team is wearing dark now and the all the fans and the away team are wearing white. See Phoenix's playoff run last year.

To be honest, it doesn't matter much to me when the team wears each color. I have always thought our white jersey looked a bit cooler than the red, so I guess it would be nice to see those at home. For those of you who own both jersey colors, do you have a tradition when it comes to wearing them at games or when watching at home? In the playoffs, I usually match up with the team but if we fall into a bad streak, I'll blame the jersey color and switch to the opposite until we're back on track. That's just my superstition. :lol:

The league switched so teams can wear their third jerseys (almost always dark) at home without road teams having to pack both their light and dark uniforms.

I prefer white at home and dark on the road, like most of you guys. If I had season tickets, I wouldn't want to see red vs. white every game.

The current scheme makes more sense to me. (Home is special. Your colors are special. You wear your colors at home. Special.) But the old way is so deeply ingrained in me that even now, after all this time with the current way, it still doesn't feel right. I have to think about it for a couple seconds. "OK, white. So we're home away. Got it."

I guess my vote is for home. Because, like, tradition, yo.

Guest The Axe

What about Red EVERY game? Canadiens, Coyotes, and Panthers are only teams with color scheme issues. So Wings wear whites 2 or 3 games a year. Ever think of that?

i grew up watching the wings wear white at home but i loved it when the nhl switched the road/home jerseys. I think the red jerseys look better. they are the "RED" wings after all ;)

What about Red EVERY game? Canadiens, Coyotes, and Panthers are only teams with color scheme issues. So Wings wear whites 2 or 3 games a year. Ever think of that?

i think nhl rules state that each team must have a home and road jersey

Generally I'm a traditionalist, but to me white says bland, blah, neutral. The "real" colour, your own individual colour, the one that no one else wears*, the one that identifies you, that makes you special as a group- that is what I prefer as the home colour.

Everyone wears white sometimes. Not everyone has the privilege of wearing RED.

*yes, I realize that we don't have a monopoly on red, but you get the idea.

White is the s***... definitely the better jersey...and it allows other teams at the joe to wear their respective colors for the fans

thou we are the RED wings so i understand the red at home argument. still support the white thou, wish we still did it like that

Guest irishock

Heeeeeell no! I never liked having the white jerseys at home and loved it when they switched it back.

Its the Red Wings, not the White Wings....

Boston White Sox then...?