• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

Strangest Moments in NHL History

Rate this topic

Considering the lockout is looming and we are all trying to find ways to occupy our time, I thought it would be interesting to post up what you think is among the strangest moments in hockey.

I had a few in mind, but the one that really stood out was the rat fiasco that went on in Florida during the 96 playoffs. Whenever a Panthers player scored fans would bombard the ice with rubber rats in the hundreds. It caused massive delays that easily surpassed hat cleanup after a hat trick.

If a recall correctly, that was the year of the rat and it began after a player had killed a rat in the locker room by shooting it into a wall. They went on a winning streak thereafter and the trend caught on.

Video below, chaos ensues.

What odd moments do you remember from past seasons?

Guest RedWingsDad

and I've always wondered where this second ref came from:

ha ha, I love that Franzen video. I watch it from time to time just to get a chuckle. And also... your right!! Where the heck did the second ref come from??! He was like Kanes guardian angel, materializing from behind Kane to protect him from the mean bully Franzen! lol

Edited by RedWingsDad

How about Tie Domi fighting that drunken fan in the penalty box?

Or how about the time Gilles Gratton (the weirdest guy in hockey history) first unveiled his tiger mask.

I was gonna post up that Tie Domi incident next, I lived in Philly when that happened and it was huge news for a while. The fan actually fell through the glass of the penalty box after Domi was spraying fans with his water bottle. He seemed to have no problem pounding the guys face in until the refs broke it up lol. The drunken fan later challenged Tie to a charity boxing match, thereafter Domi declined and called him an idiot publicly.

Tie Domi will forever be one of my all-time favorite goons.

No Penalty

No MANDATORY Suspension...Malkin gets suspended, Wings go up 3-0 in series...can't have the better team win now can we?

Yes I am still bitter...Thanks Uncle Gary, not only did you hand Pit the Cup, but you have once AGAIN caused a work stoppage in the NHL...

Can't find a decent video clip, but I'm sure we all have it burned into our minds.

The 2008 Cup-winning goal was strange. Probably not the first time the Cup was won by an ass, but certainly it was strange that it was the ass of the opposing goalie. Thanks, Fleury.

OK, a few things:

1. I think this is edited (I mean, beyond the obvious). Or it was just done for the cameras.

2. I actually like the message Wilson's trying to get across; it's really fairly bad-ass. It's just, he doesn't really get it across. Because, well, he's kind of a boob*.

2b. * "
Hanta yo!
, bay-bee!"

3. I feel like Dale Hunter would've done a better job with the material.

"So there was this crazy Indian who thought he was a horse. Or something. [crickets] Anyway, the point is: KILL THE WINGS!!! [much roaring, beating of chests, etc.]

4. Good book.

"Don't be a afraid to lose" is pretty hard to beat.

One I've tried to find several times is from around '94 or '95, Brett Hull scores a hat-trick in St.Louis, and it just happens to be hat night. Cue 20,000 white baseball caps raining down on the ice, it was like a blizzard.

"Don't be a afraid to lose" is pretty hard to beat.

One I've tried to find several times is from around '94 or '95, Brett Hull scores a hat-trick in St.Louis, and it just happens to be hat night. Cue 20,000 white baseball caps raining down on the ice, it was like a blizzard.

This is actually more common than you might think.

Wasn't that the Finals that the Pens had 7 skaters on the ice one time and didn't get a "too many" call??? I think that would qualify.

And then Yakkity Sax started playing and we all woke up because it was all a terrible dream?

At least that's how I remember it.

I remember watching this one and having no idea what the hell just happened

Also, does anybody remember or have highlights of a wings v blues games where the blues scored a goal after the puck went into the upper netting? The game ended up going to a shootout and there was controversy over a shot (I think one of detroits). The Blues ended up winning.