• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Z Winged Dangler

Some guys stuck around for the fans

Rate this topic

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=406261

Nice to see that some of the players still care about the fans and despite not having NHL games scheduled, they are still putting on a show for the fans that have been paying their salaries for so long. Kudos to the guys that are putting on the tourney in Montreal.

aren't then Russian or Czech players joining KHL or Czech Extraliga doing exactly the same then? I mean - they could sit on their sofa and sip beer not caring to go there and play for money that pretty much equals a bag of pucks in the NHL. instead they go to their home countries and entertain own fans?

aren't then Russian or Czech players joining KHL or Czech Extraliga doing exactly the same then? I mean - they could sit on their sofa and sip beer not caring to go there and play for money that pretty much equals a bag of pucks in the NHL. instead they go to their home countries and entertain own fans?

Sure they're doing the same and this is a big reason why it's so easy for me to side with them.

Swiss league and KHL are absolutely stacked and I am sure they'll continue to add the next wave of stars soon.

Sent from my BlackBerry

Bobby Ryan's take on the situation; from New Jersey Courier-Post:

"I'm going to handle things the way I think things should be handled," he said. "I'm going to continue to skate with the guys ... whether it's coming back here (to South Jersey) for a couple weeks at a time ... I think it's important to stay here (in the United States) and be part of the solution and not just run from it."

I don't understand that quote, what difference does it make where Ryan or any other NHL player spends the lockout? He's not on the negotiating committee, IIRC? And skype and/or teleconferencing works just about anywhere in the world these days.

I fully understand his stand and agree with it. Maybe he comes from a family that has a tradition steeped in this kind of situation. Please keep in mind the fact that players who have temporarily gone elsewhere to play are being paid; they're not doing it for free.

Here's another story from the Toronto Star about Mike

Cammalleri.

Guest The Axe

So what happens if the lockout ends, he just going to leave tOSU?

THEE Ohio State University.