ESPN-KHL Deal in the Works?

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#21 Winterberg

Winterberg

Prospect

• 48 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:15 AM

All I see on ESPN 3 is soccer. The game should be on now, is anyone watching it?

#22 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:39 AM

All I see on ESPN 3 is soccer. The game should be on now, is anyone watching it?

Huge fail by ESPN. None of the KHL games are on, or listed anywhere (none of the upcoming games, nothing).

#23 Winterberg

Winterberg

Prospect

• 48 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:46 AM

Huge fail by ESPN. None of the KHL games are on, or listed anywhere (none of the upcoming games, nothing).

If you click on the "Sports" drop down list on the ESPN 3/Watch ESPN site, Ice Hockey is not even an option. Only Field Hockey. wtfuuuuu

#24 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:47 AM

just go to this site to watch the KHL games http://www.laola1.tv...ideo/224--.html

#25 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:48 AM

@dchesnokov: What happened to KHL on ESPN3′s big debut? | Puck Daddy - Yahoo! Sports http://t.co/hCyGwPDW

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger

#26 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:55 AM

First of all, ESPN3 carried KHL games last year, yet nobody seems to know/remember that. I don't think the interest level in this country is a Russian hockey league (which would probably also have to be tape delayed) could justify putting it on even the ancillary ESPN TV channels, let alone ESPN or ESPN2. There's no way.

Second, ESPN3 is not a "premium" service. It's basically the same as HBO Go, which is HBO's excellent web/tablet/smartphone portal to on-demand content. If you already have ESPN through one of the major service providers (including Comcast), you literally put your account login information online and you can stream it. I think this concept is pretty alien to a lot of people, but became pretty familiar during the 2012 London Olympics. Download the WatchESPN app for iOS, or its also carried on streaming devices like an XBox 360. I've used it to watch on-demand MLS games, IndyCar races, etc., but they have TONS of obscure European stuff. If you're already paying for these services, you might as well get your money's worth!

the watchespn app is only avaliable to people who pay for tv through comcast, bright house networks, verizon fios, and time warner cable.

espn3 is avaliable to only 73 million people, so the majority of people can't even get it if they wanted to

Edited by chances14, 03 October 2012 - 11:56 AM.

#27 Winterberg

Winterberg

Prospect

• 48 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:14 PM

just go to this site to watch the KHL games http://www.laola1.tv...ideo/224--.html

Thanks!

#28 Jasper84

Jasper84

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,780 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:23 PM

Could someone explain where exactly to find the games on ESPN3? I downloaded the app for iOS and logged into my comcast account, but I see nothing related to hockey there. I see many sports, but not hockey. I even sorted by upcoming events for all sports, and I don't see any KHL games at all, so maybe I am missing something here?

#29 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:32 PM

Damn you.

I was just about to go to the park, and then I click your link and see there is a live game streaming now and all of the sudden I....can't....tear....self...away....from...computer....

LOL

#30 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:38 PM

Ahhh...... this used to be ESPN360.

In the ESPN listings:

Scroll ahead for upcoming sports listings.

Nothing comes on until 7PM.
This will work out just fine.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#31 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:38 PM

...Any way to stream on my iPhone? LOL!

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger

#32 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,912 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:21 PM

Hockey? On ESPN? Now that's a blast from the past!

I actually used to hate when the games were aired on ESPN because I couldn't get my Ken and Mickey fix...wasn't it on UPN50 back then? God I'm getting old!

Nah, you aint old yet! Think back to Ray Lane on WKBD 50 and then PASS Sports....

I would watch KHL hockey on ESPN and boy would this ever grind Gary's nards? Gary is the worst thing to EVER happen to the NHL....no wonder the NBA got rid of him!

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#33 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,468 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:19 PM

Wish they'd find a way to show games on tv. Watch, they'll reply games from the week at like 3am and the hockey world implodes.

#34 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:25 PM

Nah, you aint old yet! Think back to Ray Lane on WKBD 50 and then PASS Sports....

I would watch KHL hockey on ESPN and boy would this ever grind Gary's nards? Gary is the worst thing to EVER happen to the NHL....no wonder the NBA got rid of him!

Worst thing to ever happen to the game of hockey. Some of the fundamental changes he made to the game to restrict skill and talent for the sake of parity so weaker teams have a better chance of winning have been incorporated internationally at all levels like the bloated goalie equipment. If European teams didn't allow their goalie equipment to balloon they wouldn't stand a chance against NA teams with bigger goalie equipment

#35 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:45 AM

Thanks.
I just watched the Ak Bars, Dynamo Moscow game. Great game Dynamo won 2-0. Sounds defensive but there was great up and down action, a physical game, a lot of scoring chances and the goalies stole the show. Ovechkin was great.
Datsyuk didn't play. Hope he isn't injured.

#36 Pskov Wings Fan

Pskov Wings Fan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:32 AM

Thanks.
I just watched the Ak Bars, Dynamo Moscow game. Great game Dynamo won 2-0. Sounds defensive but there was great up and down action, a physical game, a lot of scoring chances and the goalies stole the show. Ovechkin was great.
Datsyuk didn't play. Hope he isn't injured.

Datsyuk plays for CSKA. He has a game today against Spartak.

#37 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:32 AM

Does The Weather Channel have more viewers than ESPN3?

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#38 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:44 AM

Datsyuk plays for CSKA. He has a game today against Spartak.

That's a relief, I thought he was playing for Ak Bars, main reason I watched the game

#39 Pskov Wings Fan

Pskov Wings Fan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:54 PM

That's a relief, I thought he was playing for Ak Bars, main reason I watched the game

CSKA won 2-1 and Pavel scored both goals (first one was vintage Datsyuk - stealing puck from an opposing player trying to exist his own zone and then scoring).

#40 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:41 PM

Yeah I realize that now. I thought he was playing for Ak Bars again.
I actually just watched today's game CSKA against Spartak. CSKA won 2-1 in OT. Datsyuk scored a nice one intercepting a defenseman's pass, going in one on one on the goalie (who played deep in the net and didn't challenge Pav fearing the datsyukian dekes) and sniped a wrister to give CSKA a 1-0 lead in the second. He also scored the game winner in OT on a goal mouth scramble quickly pouncing on a Radulov rebound and putting it home