• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
b.shanafan14

ESPN-KHL Deal in the Works?

Rate this topic

"Fierce Moscow rivals Spartak and CSKA have both fallen foul of the KHL Disciplinary Regulations after the derby on 4th October. Both sets of fans taunted each other throughout the game with chants of an obscene and provocative nature, and the League is to impose disciplinary sanctions on the two clubs."

Anyone know what was said? I saw the highlights but don't remember much chanting, and also don't speak Russian (though if someone finds it, my brother can translate).

Edited by Swayze

Well, Bettman got hockey back on ESPN. Just not the way I would've hoped.

Anyone know who the players of note are on those teams?

Dynamo - Alex Ovechkin, Alexander Eremenko (played in goal for Russian national team)

Amur - nobody

Few other players on each team were drafted by NHL teams. Some even played few games in NHL but I can't say I remember them.

In case this has not been posted yet, I guess it's an updated schedule? The dates are all whack though. Sunday was Oct 14, not 13.

ESPN will stream at least seven Kontinental Hockey League games on ESPN3, starting Oct. 9 and including the KHL All-Star Game.

The first game -- Lev vs. Dynamo Moscow on Oct. 9 at 1 p.m. ET -- also will air on ESPN2. Steve Levy and Barry Melrose will call the first game, which will re-air at 8 p.m. the same night on ESPN2.

A number of NHL stars are playing in the KHL, including Alex Ovechkin of Dynamo Moscow, Ilya Kovalchuk of SKA, and Evgeni Malkin and Sergei Gonchar of Metallurg Mg.

In addition to Melrose and Levy, play-by-play announcer Paul Romanuk and analyst Aaron Murphy will call games.

This isn't the first time ESPN3 has carried KHL games in the U.S. More than 50 games were televised during the 2009-10 and 2010-11 seasons, and in January 2010, ESPN3 carried the league's All-Star Game.

Other games on the schedule include Dynamo Moscow vs. Amur (Sun., Oct. 13 at 9 a.m. ET), Dynamo Moscow vs. Sibir HD (Oct. 16, 11:30 a.m. ET), SKA vs. Sibir HD (Oct. 18, 11:45 a.m. ET), Dinamo Riga vs. Metallurg Mg (Oct. 22, 12:30 p.m. ET) and Dynamo Moscow vs. Dinamo Riga HD (Oct. 29, 11:30 a.m. ET).

http://espn.go.com/n...d-espn3-october

Edited by rrasco