• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Johnz96

Griffs Trainig Camp Roster

Rate this topic

Guest Johnz96

http://griffinshockey.com/news/releases ... le_id=2232

Judging by the training camp roster, it looks like the Griffs are going to rely a lot more on prospects and youth this year.

Brunnstrom, Minard and Conner were the veteran forwards last year with some NHL experience replaced by Triston Grant (more of a grinder/goon) with only 8 games NHL experience.

Janik and Exelby were the vets on D last year with some NHL experience replaced by Natahan Paetsch.

I don't think there are any other vets listed in the training camp roster. Either they are still going to sign some or are going to give the youngsters more responsibility. It's going to be interesting to see how they do.

Goaltending will be a key. I don't think McCollum has ever looked since being drafted by the Wings unless he had a powerhouse team in front of him. He was terrible in the WJC and terrible in the playoffs for the Battalion when the competition got stiffer. I found that Pierce looked good whenever he was the designated starter for a stretch but wasn't good as a backup (if they have a game log for that you will see this is very accurate and I wonder if it's an anomaly or if he doesn't like sitting). Mrazek is an unknown as a professional but he certainly has the ability and competitive edge and goalies younger than him have come in and got the job done in the NHL. I think Mrazek will come in and win the starting job and possibly contend for rookie of the year and give them the best goaltending they have had in years. Hopefully Jurco can also contend for rookie of the year. They are younger than rookies coming out of college so it would be very impressive for either of them to do so.

Too bad Brunner won't be there.