• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:22 AM

@HeleneStJames: Per Swiss news, Henrik Zetterberg will play with Switzerland's EV Zug. Zetterberg going overseas indicates lockout will go long. #RedWings

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#2 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:35 AM

good that the next Capt gets to play with Brunner. maybe this was a plan all along to give Babs better insight
into Brunner's personality.
"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#3 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:20 AM

*sigh* Time to start foraging so I can hibernate this winter.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#4 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:24 AM

This is really not looking good at all.
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#5 RippedOnNitro

RippedOnNitro

Rookie

• Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:26 AM

@HeleneStJames: Per Swiss news, Henrik Zetterberg will play with Switzerland's EV Zug. Zetterberg going overseas indicates lockout will go long. #RedWings

I thought he could not play overseas because of insurance issues...
First round series win: $0 () Second round series win: $0 () Third round series win: $0 () Fourth round series win: $0 () Goal difference: $0 (-3) Shutout difference: $0 (0) SHG difference: $0 (0) Extra points reg. season: $3 (102)

TOTAL COLLECTED: $0 TOTAL BONUS IF STANLEY CUP: $3

#6 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:03 AM

good that the next Capt gets to play with Brunner. maybe this was a plan all along to give Babs better insight
into Brunner's personality.

I do like that he's going to play with Brunner a lot but overall this is bad news.. Could be a long lockout unfortunately :/

I think I read that it was that he'd have to pay for his own insurance.. Don't quote me on that though, not 100% sure

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#7 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,468 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:24 AM

Not a good sign, at all

#8 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:26 PM

I've been sitting here thinking, "Well Z isn't gone yet, there's still hope."

Just awesome...

#9 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:48 PM

Either the team is paying for it or I think there is a third party helping out on that front:

Swiss team EV Zug is reporting that, thanks to some help from external financiers, Henrik Zetterberg will be joining Damien Brunner shortly.

http://www.wingingit...-ev-zug-reports

Also:

Zetterberg turned down an offer from Swiss club HC Lugano that reportedly included $53,000 per month in insurance to help cover the cost of his contract in case of injury as well as a $2,000 monthly salary and apartment.

http://www.mlive.com...terberg_si.html

#10 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:19 PM

I've been sitting here thinking, "Well Z isn't gone yet, there's still hope."

Just awesome...

him leaving or staying doesn't really affect my mindset on this lockout. he already said previously that if games were cancelled that he would consider going overseas.

this weeks cba negotiations are going to decide if we have a season or not imo.

#11 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:52 PM

I'm glad he provided everyone with his views on Uncle Gary before he left. Way to hang in there.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#12 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:32 PM

Wasn't he just saying how he wanted to hang around and see things through or did I just make that up? All I know is that this lockout is seriously pissing me off, far more than the other two I've experienced. I'm so over it.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger

#13 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:55 PM

him leaving or staying doesn't really affect my mindset on this lockout. he already said previously that if games were cancelled that he would consider going overseas.

this weeks cba negotiations are going to decide if we have a season or not imo.

Yeah, but he said he would wait around until Dec to see what happens, then think about it. The fact that he made his decision in early October could be an indication (especially given his PA involvement) that things are not looking good from inside the negotiating room and we're in for a long holdout. I hope I'm wrong though.

At least there is this silver lining from mlive:

TROY – Detroit Red Wings center Henrik Zetterberg's decision to play in Switzerland doesn't mean he's abandoned hope the NHL season can be salvaged.

“I wanted to wait a little bit before going, but the last few weeks the indication is it's going to be tougher and tougher to get spots there, especially with the contract I have and the insurance costs,'' Zetterberg said. “So I got an offer last Friday from Zug and I looked into it, talked to a few players who played in the Swiss league; they said it's a good place to be and play hockey.

“We had to make a quick decision. Late last night, me and my wife, Emma, talked about it and we said, 'Just give it a shot; it's going to be fun to play some hockey.' ''

http://www.mlive.com...rberg_st_1.html

Edited by rrasco, 08 October 2012 - 04:01 PM.

#14 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,296 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:48 PM

It gets more depressing every time a major player leaves.

They may not be saying it, but by going overseas right now, it's a pretty clear indication they think a deal isn't happening anytime soon.

#15 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:17 PM

Now I need to find a way watching NLA streams, this league is absolutely loaded with NHL stars. The writting is already on the wall.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#16 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,639 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:22 PM

Stoked I'm going to lose another season of watching Z play. Careers go by fast enough, let alone losing two years because of the lockout master.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#17 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,525 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:38 PM

Nail in the proverbial coffin, I believe. We're probably done for the season... so sad.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#18 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,524 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:56 PM

I hoped he wouldn't have gone over...being a player rep and all. Most might point to this as being a very bad sign in terms of where the lockout is heading, but I really refuse to believe that anyone really knows where it might head. I think there is a good chance is goes all year, but there is also a good chance it gets resolved in the next little while. You never know what may happen from one day to the next. I hoped Z would have stayed to help the cause.

Also a little conflicted as to whether I think it's a good idea for him to play as well (tough call), I can see positives and negatives.

#19 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:52 AM

Im surprised Zetterberg isnt going to sveden.

#20 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:39 AM

I hoped he wouldn't have gone over...being a player rep and all. Most might point to this as being a very bad sign in terms of where the lockout is heading, but I really refuse to believe that anyone really knows where it might head. I think there is a good chance is goes all year, but there is also a good chance it gets resolved in the next little while. You never know what may happen from one day to the next. I hoped Z would have stayed to help the cause.

Also a little conflicted as to whether I think it's a good idea for him to play as well (tough call), I can see positives and negatives.

It is a bit disappointing to see zetterberg bail on the negotiations but the frustration and desire to play hockey games is understandable