• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Hell Toupee

Hell Toupee

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:25 AM

Im surprised Zetterberg isnt going to sveden.

He only wanted to play for Timrå in Sweden, and they couldn't afford his insurance.

#22 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,095 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:16 AM

He only wanted to play for Timrå in Sweden, and they couldn't afford his insurance.

Didn't the league also require they sign a full year deal? As in, no bailing if the lockout ends. I heard someone mention they lifted that, but I think an article or two on Z mentioned that had something to do with it as well.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#23 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:34 AM

Didn't the league also require they sign a full year deal? As in, no bailing if the lockout ends. I heard someone mention they lifted that, but I think an article or two on Z mentioned that had something to do with it as well.

Yeah atleast I remember at the beginning, the SEL wanted full contracts and issued out a statement saying that they would not allow players to come over strictly to play in absence of a NHL season. Then I think someone had come down on them and said they coudn't do it so they had lifted the ruling. I do remember Zett saying that he didn't want to go play anywhere because he wanted to be a major player in getting the new CBA hammered out, but you can see his point via the interview. Especially with the KHL and their 3 NHL player limit and what not, i'd suck being one of the last players "waiting" to go to Europe only to realize theres no home for you. Players were saying that homes overseas were harder and harder to find, therefore it had influence on their decision too (don't know if Zett has a summer house in Sweden or anything (well, Emma has to have a place atleast....)).

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#24 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:09 PM

i don't like these quotes by zetterberg

Zetterberg will be back when the lockout ends, but he's not sure if some others playing in Europe will return this season.
“I know for a fact Russians will probably stay,'' Zetterberg said. “I can't blame them either. The Russian league treats players a different way. For them to play in their home country and not have these (labor) disputes every other year … and they honor the contracts over there. If you sign a deal, that's the deal you get.''

http://www.mlive.com...rberg_st_1.html

i know zetterberg is frustrated but there is a lot of misinformation there. The KHL had salary rollbacks last year. players get bought out and released from contracts all the time (look at hudler)

#25 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:40 PM

Yeah, but he said he would wait around until Dec to see what happens, then think about it. The fact that he made his decision in early October could be an indication (especially given his PA involvement) that things are not looking good from inside the negotiating room and we're in for a long holdout. I hope I'm wrong though.

he could've chose to go over there sooner in order to play with brunner and help him develop.. I agree that it's a sign the lockout isn't ending next week or anything like that and that it'll probably be a long lockout. but i'm sure playing with one of the wings key players (and basically captain) is something that the wings would want for a prospect with the upside brunner has.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#26 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:43 PM

Wasn't he just saying how he wanted to hang around and see things through or did I just make that up? All I know is that this lockout is seriously pissing me off, far more than the other two I've experienced. I'm so over it.

Bingo. This one is waaayyyy worse and EVERYONE knows why...That's the best part, and f***man and company obviously don't give a shi+. "I'm so over it." should be plastered on t-shirts and worn everywhere!!....+1!
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.