• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bump

Former PA announcer Budd Lynch, 95, has passed away

Rate this topic

Oh, poor Bud, to pass away during a lockout. 95 is awesome though. WTG! You'll be sorely missed. Every time he said "One minute left in the period," I'd look up and yell "Thanks, Bud!" Another hockey family member to mourn.

God Bless, Bud.

Oh, poor Bud, to pass away during a lockout. 95 is awesome though. WTG! You'll be sorely missed. Every time he said "One minute left in the period," I'd look up and yell "Thanks, Bud!" Another hockey family member to mourn.

God Bless, Bud.

Whenever he said that, I would think to myself, "Here comes a goal from them". The Budd Lynch goal I call it.

sad news indeed.

but in retrospect..he lived a long and great life and has thousands of fans across the world that will remember his voice as a staple to the red wings history.

we should all live our lives with the dedication he brought to hockey.

i hope to shake his hand on the other side one day.

Budd, you will be missed, but not forgotten.

R.I.P.

i hope to shake his hand on the other side one day.

His left hand. I had no idea he only had one arm. Guy made it through D-Day and got hit with a German rocket in the coming weeks. Yikes. Officially a true hero.

Sad to hear, he was such a great part of the Red Wing experience. Now he may take his place as part of the great Detroit Red Wings Heritage where he will live forever amongst friends and family.

From time to time people around here argue about who should go up in the rafters next. Well, I know who I would put up there next. :shout: The Wings need to use a tape of him the final minute of every period as well.