• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bump

Former PA announcer Budd Lynch, 95, has passed away

Rate this topic

Guest irishock

We should celebrate the great life that he had, not grief for the death of his.

I think Ken Kal said it best (from Khan/Mlive, emphasis mine)...

Red Wings radio play-by-play man Ken Kal called Lynch a legend in broadcasting, a great ambassador for the Red Wings and a fatherly figure to many.

“He was to Red Wings hockey what Ernie Harwell was to Tigers baseball,'' Kal said. “He never said a bad word about anybody. He was a genuine person.

Years ago, I read a story about a recent veteran who had to have an arm amputated. He ended up being contacted by Budd who gave him all kinds of advice, on how to do day-to-day things like buttoning shirts/sleeves, ironing, etc, as well as all kinds of humorous outlooks on his new way of life. It was very a touching read, and I wish I could find it again.

You know how when one person of an old couple dies, then the other dies a little while later of a "broken heart". I think that is what happened here. Budd was old but hockey kept him alive. Bettman and company took that away from him and us.

I agree they should use a taped "One minute left in the period" at the end of the game every game. And I am sure that there will be a jersey in the rafters if we even see another season.

Rip Budd!