• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
number9

Russians Possibly Staying In KHL After Lockout

Rate this topic

The same sentiment was expressed by Bryzgalov recently. So given the credibility of the sources, I'd say it's safe to say that this position is CONFIRMED with a hard "C". I'm sure Bryz and Hank can think of hundreds of reasons why Russians would stay in a piss poor league for roughly 60% of what they make now.

Just shows you how fed up the players really are, guys like Hank don't come up with such statements usually.

I am sure some are close and ready to put the CBA into question and rightfully so.

If some teams don't or can't spend who cares why punish those who will and can? I want to see a team like the 2002 Wings again superteams are more entertaining than this boring forced parity crap leading into lockout after lockout as long as the midget is going to be the NHL fiddle I mean commissioner.

Sent from my BlackBerry

KHL is not as good as the NHL, but is ways better than AHL or any other league.

And a salary that's 60% of NHL is actually a net after taxes. If you take into account all the federal ,state, and local taxes that the NHL players pay, the salaries are actually about equal. And they can play at home and will have no problem getting permission to play at the Worlds and the Olympics.

And a salary that's 60% of NHL is actually a net after taxes. If you take into account all the federal ,state, and local taxes that the NHL players pay, the salaries are actually about equal. And they can play at home and will have no problem getting permission to play at the Worlds and the Olympics.

i'm not sure about that. the IIHF can bar players from the olympics. it's a murky area and would be very interesting if a player like ovechkin decided to stay in the KHL after the lockout is over

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1268635

i'm not sure about that. the IIHF can bar players from the olympics. it's a murky area and would be very interesting if a player like ovechkin decided to stay in the KHL after the lockout is over

http://hfboards.hock...d.php?t=1268635

Whatever the IIHF policy is, I have really hard time imagining the IIHF barring Russian stars from playing in Sochi (Russia) Olympics. The Russian hockey federation will have a very strong position as a host. I just don't see the IIHF messing with them on this issue.

Guest Johnz96

I think Z, and the rest of the players, are just and frustrated with the situation. They'll be back.

If I was one of them, I wouldn't until Bettman is gone

I think Z, and the rest of the players, are just and frustrated with the situation. They'll be back.

Agreed. There's a reason they're all playing here in the first place. I assume it has to be a combination of the inordinately large amount of money they make, paired with the fact that they don't have to live in a country which ranks just below Belarus (the last remaining dictatorship in Europe) on the UN's human development index. Then again, its pretty clear that some people think Bettman is much worse than crime, poor institutions, flawed democracy, and abject poverty. Priorities!

Edited by kipwinger

This is stated as a fact, but what is it based on? Not saying I disagree necessarily, but not sure I'd say it's the best league outside the NHL either....hard to say. It probably pays the most in an attempt to lure players, but does that make it a good league?

Whatever the IIHF policy is, I have really hard time imagining the IIHF barring Russian stars from playing in Sochi (Russia) Olympics. The Russian hockey federation will have a very strong position as a host. I just don't see the IIHF messing with them on this issue.

depends. does the IIHF want to buttheads with the NHL on russian players that breach their contracts. remember the nhl can just say f you to the olympics and not allow any of its players to play. then it would be the russian players against 3rd rate competition.

i hope one of these russians players stays over there so we can see how it plays out (not datsyuk obviously).

Guest Johnz96

It is difficult to enforce US contract in Russia. If Ovechkin liquidates all his US assets prior to bailing then I really do not see how Capitals can get anything out of him. But I do not think he will shut the door on NHL at this point in his career. Maybe later.

I think the owners are trying to break those contracts. I don't think they will be legally binding any more

depends. does the IIHF want to buttheads with the NHL on russian players that breach their contracts. remember the nhl can just say f you to the olympics and not allow any of its players to play. then it would be the russian players against 3rd rate competition.

i hope one of these russians players stays over there so we can see how it plays out (not datsyuk obviously).

The owners are trying to breach those contracts.

I hope some of them stay there too. I would.

Unless I was Datsyuk

This is stated as a fact, but what is it based on? Not saying I disagree necessarily, but not sure I'd say it's the best league outside the NHL either....hard to say. It probably pays the most in an attempt to lure players, but does that make it a good league?

Based on my personal impressions from watching NHL, KHL, AHL, Czech league and Swedish league. And I have been watching hockey for about 40 years now, so I have some basis for comparison.

It's a fair point. One thing to kep in mind, it seems that the emotional value of Olympic participation to the players is very high, much higher than any costs the owners incur because of the Olympic stoppage. So it is likely that the Olympic participation will be included in the new CBA, as it costs the owners little as a concession, and means a lot to the players. Edited by sibiriak

Radulov.

As for Bryzgalov, he's a sieve and should do the Flyers a favor and stay in Russia. As the saying goes, "you are the weakest link....goodbye" :bye1:

Radulov.

As for Bryzgalov, he's a sieve and should do the Flyers a favor and stay in Russia. As the saying goes, "you are the weakest link....goodbye" :bye1:

radulov is the reason why the nhl, iihf, and khl came up with these agreements about honoring contracts

No way Ovechkin stays in Russia. He likes North America too much.

In Russia North America likes you. Seriously, I believe it's just posturing on the part of our Russian players. They are using whatever leverage they believe they have to take a jab at the NHL (Buttman).

Guest Johnz96

OMG dude. Buttman?? Hahahahaha. That is so awesome. Where did you come up with that? You should do standup. Hahahha. wow.

Harry Buttman is the league commissioner in this film, he is short of size and long on annoying personality, played in the movie by a dwarf.

Edited by Johnz96

Harry Buttman is the league commissioner in this film, he is short of size and long on annoying personality, played in the movie by a dwarf.

Awesome movie :-)

Honestly who can blame the KHL stars here? Some Russians get to play in their home(town) country, making a lot of money with almost zero taxes and not having to think about being locked out every 1/2 decade. Especially the Wahsington owner Leonsis should look about the big picture here, the Caps need stars like OV in order to fill the rings.