• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:05 AM

if you read other tootoo tweets, he doesn't seem like that bad of a guy off the ice. I've changed my opinion of him because who he is on the ice is completely different than who he is off the ice. (ex - team tootoo fund (his charity) and he's gone to rinks to help kids from his hometown with ice hockey).

He's a role player on the ice because that's the way he can help his teams most.

I met him in a mall in Winnipeg a number of years back while wearing my Brandon Wheat Kings hoodie and he walked by me and shook my hand and said nice hoodie....so my perception is that he is a very approachable person. He was super nice and didn't have the slightest chip on his shoulder. As far as the polar bears go....gotta eat man! Different cultures have different tastes for food. I'm a chicken, beef and pork guy myself and that may seem weird to some people that i won't eat anything but those meats, but i'm a born and raised prairie kid. Go further north, there's fish and polar bears.

I can't wait to see Tootoo suit up for the Wings.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#42 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:48 PM

Obvious by the action it is a semi auto... But the barrel is shorter and think it may be a 3006 maybe... No where near as long as my 300 Win Mag...

One would think a bigger caliber as such would be used to hunt a polar

could be a 30-30 too

#43 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,274 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:43 PM

could be a 30-30 too

22 aka too too...

Bad joke
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#44 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

So to sum up...

This never had anything to do with the polar bears. The OP was just using that as a jumping off point to rant about his dislike of Tootoo and the contract the Wings signed him to. Sound about right?

#45 Stinkyness

Stinkyness

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:23 PM

Pure win! Good for them. I want a tag too!

#46 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:25 PM

So to sum up...

This never had anything to do with the polar bears. The OP was just using that as a jumping off point to rant about his dislike of Tootoo and the contract the Wings signed him to. Sound about right?

roger that

#47 StormJH1

StormJH1

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:24 AM

I'm dropping it - I have strong opinions about celebrating the hunting of endangered animals (even if it's necessary/tradition for certain archaic ways of life), and obviously have strong negative opinions of Tootoo as a hockey player. The purpose of the post was twofold. I suspect more people will share my hockey views on him the first time he takes a selfish minor in a close game, while scoring a lower goal total than Ian White. Not trolling here, thanks for the spirited discussion.

Sent on iPhone using Tapatalk

#48 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:50 AM

I'm dropping it - I have strong opinions about celebrating the hunting of endangered animals (even if it's necessary/tradition for certain archaic ways of life), and obviously have strong negative opinions of Tootoo as a hockey player. The purpose of the post was twofold. I suspect more people will share my hockey views on him the first time he takes a selfish minor in a close game, while scoring a lower goal total than Ian White. Not trolling here, thanks for the spirited discussion.

Sent on iPhone using Tapatalk

When he takes a dumb minor (which is rare, he actually dras 2 penalties for every one he takes http://behindthenet....0&team=NSH&pos= ) we can all go hug a tree with you and cry about it together.

Edited by newfy, 18 October 2012 - 10:51 AM.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#49 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:10 AM

A Native American tribe recently petitioned (successfully, I believe) to sacrifice two Bald Eagles because their religion told them to do it. Cool with that too?

I'm not debating the conservationist aspect of it. Obviously, asking people to care about animals, even endangered ones, on a hockey board is a fool's errand, when said advocate of killing the endangered animal has a chance to help out your 4th line.

But as a tactic, it's a troll move, and an "eff you" to people who try to protect endangered animals. Tweeting a picture of a dead animal that most civilized nations are working hard to save from extinction is not a necessary tactic for arguing Inuit rights. And no, it's not the same as showing a picture of a dead deer or rabbit.

But on the hockey point, what player are you talking about?! $2 million for a "30-point" player who they BENCHED in the playoffs. His career goal high was 11, and that was 6 years ago. He had SIX goals last year. Do you know how hard it is to play 77 games and only put the puck in the next 6 times? That's Cory Emmerton territory. If we signed him for $700,000 on a two-way non-waiver deal, that'd be one thing. For $2 million a year, he's going to play.

The people who think this is a good hockey signing are the same people who thought Brad May was going to save the Red Wings a few years ago because they were too soft. I'd rather be known as a whiny animal lover than a fan of Jordin Tootoo.

Cory scored 6 in about half the time but he only had 3 assists.
The Wings really need to be more physical and difficult to play against.