• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kipwinger

Defense like Cheese? Brunner tearing it up in Swiss League

Rate this topic

I've had about enough of all this lockout talk. As best as I can tell given that I don't speak Swiss, Damien Brunner is tearing it up in the Swiss League. 5 goals and 7 assists in 9 games. Additionally he's got nearly twice as many shots on goal as the Omark (who leads the team in points, though with two more games than Brunner). Absolutely can't wait until Hank gets over there and suits up with him, I'm dying to see what Brunner's shot can do with Z creating space for him. His release is quick and should be very effective in the NHL, and his finishing ability seems (admittedly based on not much) to be better than Hudler's. Here's hoping all that success isn't do to shoddy Swiss defense. I've got high hopes for this guy!

Edited by kipwinger

Guest Johnz96

I've had about enough of all this lockout talk. As best as I can tell given that I don't speak Swiss, Damien Brunner is tearing it up in the Swiss League. 5 goals and 7 assists in 9 games. Additionally he's got nearly twice as many shots on goal as the Omark (who leads the team in points, though with two more games than Brunner). Absolutely can't wait until Hank gets over there and suits up with him, I'm dying to see what Brunner's shot can do with Z creating space for him. His release is quick and should be very effective in the NHL, and his finishing ability seems (admittedly based on not much) to be better than Hudler's. Here's hoping all that success isn't do to shoddy Swiss defense. I've got high hopes for this guy!

Joe Thornton has 8 points in 8 games about the same pace he scores at in the NHL for comparison.

Eff Nash. Brunner's rippping it up. I hope him and Z tear the league to pieces and come back the the NHL at Winter Classic time and crush the Leafs and carry momentum with a Flip-Z-Brunner line right to the SCF. Any doubters left on Brunner's skill, look at his point comparison with Thornton who also has Nash compared to Omark on his team and see why the rest of us were excited about this signing. Brunner, Nyquist and Smith will rejuvenate the stale offense that is the Wings and take pressure off Dats and Z (and Flip now)......once the season starts that is.

after watching the clips of him playing, that kid has a wicked wrister. even if he stands still ALA brett hull....he will score some goals for us.

come on season.

as long as he doesn't get creamed in the first 30 games....we may have a bona-fide scorer on our hands.