• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hiei

Where in the World Is...

Rate this topic

....Brett "Turnover" Lebderp?

Added Buffalo Grove native Brett Lebda, who is with the IceHogs on a professional tryout contract after spending seven seasons in the NHL and winning a Stanley Cup with the Red Wings in 2008: "This is the only league playing, the top league in North America. The spotlight is on us. There are going to be NHL coaches and general managers at every game. You never know when your break is going to come."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/hockey/blackhawks/ct-spt-1015-rockford-blackhawks--20121015,0,1292010.story

I happened across this while looking up how the AHL is doing this season.

i always liked Lebda. he seemed to get a bad rap from a lot of fans, its too bad. my opinion from the start was he should have been given a forward position.

the boy had wheels and a nice shot.

I think the thing around here is standards. It's like when you've been dating a hard 10 for a while and things just don't work out for one reason or another, so you hit the market looking for a replacement and all you can find is a solid 7, but you have a hole to fill (no pun intended) so you sign them to your roster anyways.

i always liked Lebda. he seemed to get a bad rap from a lot of fans, its too bad. my opinion from the start was he should have been given a forward position.

the boy had wheels and a nice shot.

Lebda was one of the fastest skaters I have ever seen who had no idea how to use his speed and for a guy who was so fast skating forward he looked so awkward skating backwards.

Solid player for the most part be he was easily replaceable

I think the thing around here is standards. It's like when you've been dating a hard 10 for a while and things just don't work out for one reason or another, so you hit the market looking for a replacement and all you can find is a solid 7, but you have a hole to fill (no pun intended) so you sign them to your roster anyways.

Lebda was NOT a 7 though.

Fast, sure. But he could never do anything with that speed except get caught deep in the other team's zone. He was truly disastrous defensively.

:lol:

Carmen Sandiego was the first thing that I thought when I saw the thread title.

Me too. I guess that's why it said "ages 8-12" on the CD thingie in the picture.

Lebda could have been good if he had more hockey sense. Too bad Cheli and Lids didn't rub off on him.