• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest irishock

Best pure goal scorer for the Wings

Rate this topic

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest irishock

If you were given a couple hundred to bet on 1 Wing to score a goal, who would it be?

Edited by irishock

I don't think any of them are really natural goal-scorers. Franzen could probably get classified as that because all he does is score goals, unlike the other three. The Red Wings haven't had a legitimate sniper since Hossa.

Of the four, I would take Z. His backhand is sick and he scored goals at a nice clip until his game evolved more as a center.

I don't think any of them are really natural goal-scorers. Franzen could probably get classified as that because all he does is score goals, unlike the other three. The Red Wings haven't had a legitimate sniper since Hossa.

Of the four, I would take Z. His backhand is sick and he scored goals at a nice clip until his game evolved more as a center.

I agree with all of this.

Guest RedWingsDad

I voted Datsyuk. Here's my logic - disregarding the way these players choose to play the game, if you told all four of them to simply go try their hardest to personally score a goal... I think Datsyuk has the best moves and hands to make that happen. His goal totals are lower than what they could be only because he chooses to be more of a setup man.

In short, Datsyuk got the skill.

Edited by RedWingsDad

I voted Datsyuk. Here's my logic - disregarding the way these players choose to play the game, if you told all four of them to simply go try their hardest to personally score a goal... I think Datsyuk has the best moves and hands to make that happen. His goal totals are lower than what they could be only because he chooses to be more of a setup man.

In short, Datsyuk got the skill.

Pretty hard to argue with that. On a side note, Franzen is lazy and would score more if he'd hit the net more than 10% of the time.

It would have been interesting to see the responses had Brunner been included in the list. Personally, I'm not holding my breath on a smooth transition for him into NA style hockey, but you cannot deny that he is a pure goal-scorer based on how he is lighting it up overseas. I hear his shot is reminiscent of Brett Hull, but I haven't seen him play yet...

It would have been interesting to see the responses had Brunner been included in the list. Personally, I'm not holding my breath on a smooth transition for him into NA style hockey, but you cannot deny that he is a pure goal-scorer based on how he is lighting it up overseas. I hear his shot is reminiscent of Brett Hull, but I haven't seen him play yet...

That's exactly what i was thinking when i saw the poll cause Brunner can bulge the twine. I hope this deal gets done soon so we can see him and Z in the NHL together. what was it...1 goal, 2 assists for Z and 2 goals for Brunner? Hope the chemistry gets built up and it carries to the Wings.

That's exactly what i was thinking when i saw the poll cause Brunner can bulge the twine. I hope this deal gets done soon so we can see him and Z in the NHL together. what was it...1 goal, 2 assists for Z and 2 goals for Brunner? Hope the chemistry gets built up and it carries to the Wings.

IMO none of the above are classified in my definition of a "pure goal scorer" Hossa is the closest thing we've ever had. Lately I think the wings have been too focused on getting an entire team of two way players. We don't have much variety.

Brett Hull is sort of a bad comparison because Brunner doesn't really use a slap shot. His wrist shot is sick though, more comparable to Semin's shot than Hull's.

Edited by kipwinger