• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Johnz96

Zetterberg scores 3 points in debut with EV Zug

Rate this topic

tomorrow i get to see Zetterberg and Brunner on the same line at home in Zug. I am so stoked

Notable players from an NHL perspective on the roster

Zetterberg

Brunner

Raphael Diaz (hometown boy but plays for the Habs)

Josh Holden (former Canuck)

That's awesome dude. I wish i was in Switzerland with you watching that. I have to settle for seeing Andrew Ladd at the pretzelmaker at the mall....brutal!

I've been pretty grounded on the whole Brunner thing since it started. The Swiss league is one of the weaker leagues in Europe, and being the scoring leader doesn't exactly translate to success in the NHL. Z tears ass in his first game there. Consider enthusiasm further tempered by the above article:

Brunner, the highly skilled forward the Red Wings signed to a one-year free-agent contract on July 1, is off to a hot start for EV Zug in Switzerland. He has seven goals and 17 points in 10 games, tying him for the league scoring lead with former NHL player Glen Metropolit, an ex-Griffin, of HC Lugano.

In Metropolit's most productive season in the NHL, the only one he managed more than 70 games, he scored 33 points, with 11 goals in 82 games with the Bruins in 2007-2008.

Guest Johnz96

I've been pretty grounded on the whole Brunner thing since it started. The Swiss league is one of the weaker leagues in Europe, and being the scoring leader doesn't exactly translate to success in the NHL. Z tears ass in his first game there. Consider enthusiasm further tempered by the above article:

In Metropolit's most productive season in the NHL, the only one he managed more than 70 games, he scored 33 points, with 11 goals in 82 games with the Bruins in 2007-2008.

Joe Thornton only has 9 points in 10 games there, in Thornton's most productive season on the NHL, he scored 114 points in 82 games with the Sharks in 2006-07

http://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2012/10/21/3534592/weekly-red-wings-roundup-october-21st

This site is pretty good for weekly updates on how our beloved wings are doing out there.

Hmm, you have a point, although as I have mentioned time and time again, Zetterberg came out in the news after pre-season practice withj Brunner at the Joe and said some very good things about him, and coming from one of the leagues most respected and best forwards, thats a good sign. He is sneaky like Datsyuk, he has speed, and he makes some sick passes, and puts in highlight reel goals. If he can transfer his talent to the smaller ice we will be an amazing team with him. Don't be a wings fan that knocks on every bad move the organization makes, s*** every team signs players they shouldn't. Thats what the ahl is for, but I firmly believe Brunner will rip ice for us in Detroit.

http://www.wingingit...up-october-21st

This site is pretty good for weekly updates on how our beloved wings are doing out there.

Great link, thanks! Lots of good videos on there of the Wings in Europe that I hadn't seen.

What do you guys think about this? From the linked website:

Brunner has assisted on four of those five Zetterberg tallies

The longer they're over there, the more chemistry will develop. If this keeps up, are Brunner and Z a lock to be on the same line once the Wings play?

Edited by evilmrt

Great link, thanks! Lots of good videos on there of the Wings in Europe that I hadn't seen.

What do you guys think about this? From the linked website:

The longer they're over there, the more chemistry will develop. If this keeps up, are Brunner and Z a lock to be on the same line once the Wings play?

Exactly my thoughts, this lockout may prove to have some benefits after all.