• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 fixxxer

fixxxer

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:42 PM

Personally I feel like boycotting the red wings doesn't make sense as Ilitch at least from the small rumors doesn't already align with Bettmen but there isn't much that can be done including other owners who are are also successful like Ilitch who also doesn't agree with Bettman. Its a two sided sword that the fans just get bent over and screwed over. We can only hope (or at least I can hope) that these small market teams lose so much money that they will finally either moved or close down. I hope for the latter a smaller more productive league is better for the fans.

These poor desision making small market teams hold all the power and keep Bettmen doing what he does making it as profitable a league as he can pretty much for the best interest for middle of the road and bad market teams. The tier teams will make more money at the expense of losing being able to ice great teams. The ability to go out and spend disappears so whats the difference for a player to go anywhere other than the fact that team x happens to have more cap space that year. Mediocracy is all we will most likely get out of the NHL so that more owners can be more profitable. Unfortunatly as Red Wings fans we lose.

#22 AtlantaHotWings

AtlantaHotWings

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:28 PM

I dont know I LOVE the sport LOVE my wings and frankly was looking forward to the season and now a bunch of greedy bastards are spoiling my fun!!

So I am replacing the money I would spend on Center Ice and taking friends to the Gwinette Gladiators games. Got 2 tickets on the glass for 22 bucks a piece for tomorrows game. Good luck getting that price in any NHL arena.

Is it NHL hockey no! Do they skate, hit, score and fight(something that needs to come back in the NHL), ...YUP!

This gives me my hockey fix and I think IF we get a season back it will be a struggle to "punish" the team I love but I just might not spend that money on that new Helm jersey I was thinking about.
"Wakie, wakie hands off Snakie" - Jason Lee of Earl

#23 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,492 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

I must disagree. I have been a Wings fan since Gordie was still good. I wear Wings gear 365 days a year. I eat Little Caesars, especially when new contracts are signed (see Pavel and Hank) to help pay those contracts. I attend games every chance I can afford them. My family had season tickets since 1982. The Wings/Leafs Winter Classic is the game of a lifetime for me. I have poured most of my disposable income into this team. I think I can safely call myself a true fan.
This lockout has, shall we say, dampened my enthusiasm. If a deal IS done this year, as much as it pains me, I will not attend the Winter Classic. I have begun purchasing non-Wings related winter clothing. Some who know me see this as a sign of the apocalypse. I don't know that I will even watch any games, but I won't rule out the possibility. That not watching is even a consideration for me would have been inconceivable 3 months ago. 3 lockouts has taken its toll. Being a fan of hockey has not come cheap; why am I going to hand over thousands of dollars to a sport that doesn't give a s*** whether I attend or not, outside of the profit pool?
If, as a fan, I can't have a CBA with the NHL guaranteeing me they won't cancel out the sport I've spent a lifetime loving and supporting, then for now, I'm not giving them a dime. I need a new computer anyway. Not buying Wings sweatshirts should cover that.

I understand the thought process....but what do you epect to accomplish by this other than missing out on hockey?

#24 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:58 AM

I understand the thought process....but what do you epect to accomplish by this other than missing out on hockey?

Getting Bettman out of hockey.