• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
shoe

Missing Wings This Fall (anyone heard anything on Franzen yet?)

Rate this topic

So far I havnt heard a thing about Johan Franzen this fall is he working out with the team in Detroit?

I havnt heard of him playing in Europe, what is he doing sitting at home having "fun"?

There has to be some other missing wings too, but it makes me wonder about this guy.

I believe Franzen is one of the Wings who rented out an ice rink near Detroit. Cleary may be one of the other ones. They are practicing and keeping in shape down there, I think. Before we jump down his throat for this, let's remember how injury prone he is this time of year. He very well could be avoiding playing somewhere else to avoid being injured and then having the NHL season begin.

I know Danny Cleary has been popping up at Junior hockey practices....very cool. Someone saw Kronner walking around Target? lol.

Would like updates on Jimmy, Monster, Abbs, Helm and Franzen.

I for one am concerned that neither the Wings' #1 or #2 goalie are currently playing anywhere. Goaltenders get rusty after long periods of time off.

Franzen? He might do well with a whole season off.

Abbs and Helm? These guys are young....wtf are they not playing somewhere?

Edited by evilmrt

I know Danny Cleary has been popping up at Junior hockey practices....very cool. Someone saw Kronner walking around Target? lol.

Would like updates on Jimmy, Monster, Abbs, Helm and Franzen.

I for one am concerned that neither the Wings' #1 or #2 goalie are currently playing anywhere. Goaltenders get rusty after long periods of time off.

Franzen? He might do well with a whole season off.

Abbs and Helm? These guys are young....wtf are they not playing somewhere?

Abdelkader was at the U18 USA Hockey Olympic Development Team game last week in Ann Arbor (against Muskegon) which tells me he's hanging around the area. Obviously he played with USA Hockey over the summer so at least he's somewhat interested in that (and not partying in East Lansing).

All snark aside, I'm glad he's letting himself heal. Dude's had quite the list of injuries in the last few years, so I'm glad he's some real rehab time in and not injuring himself further. But yeah, I definitely understand where the "he's had the last couple of years off already!" sentiment is coming from.

Last i've heard, he was apart of the group that rented out the ice and currently are practicing there. From what i've heard, a good deal amount of players that aren't overseas are currently practicing there together.