• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
shoe

Winter Classic Ticket Holders, What are you going to do?

Rate this topic

WC Tix - Hold on Or Refund?  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So if the Winter Classic gets cancelled what are you going to do?

I'll be pretty ticked off and at this point I'll be happy to have my money back.

I wonder how long it will take to get credited, better not be any funny business, or silly games from the NHL or ticketmaster, I also think the NHL will need to do some damage control and would think it would be very big of them to cut their losses and pay the service fees but yeah right I seriously doubt it.

Im glad I got a hotel with a cancellation policy. I feel bad for those that didnt.

Will I buy again in 2014 if they re-schedual? Thats a hard question to answer right now, my heart says I love the wings love the game of hockey I love the idea of being 1 of 100 000 plus fans in an outdoor rink making history, but my head says turn your back to the NHL, everyone really should leave those areas empty for a good year make them all feel like they are playing on long island all year long, again wishful thinking, if I dont take those seats someone else will and I'll miss the experience.

It will be a real shame.

Edited by shoe

I will also just be glad to have my money back. I posted in another thread, and mostly out of spite, but that I will be expecting interest back on the money I loaned the league for these so called 'tickets'. I don't really expect this, but it does kind of ruffle my feathers that the amount of money spent on WC tickets is astronomical, they made a ton of money on interest alone by holding onto our ticket money. I bought the cheap tickets, with an average price of $127 for one WC ticket and one GLI ticket. Most tickets were double that price, but $127 x 90,000 = $11,430,000. I used 90,000 for tickets sold since I heard that as a number of tickets sold right about the time the lockout started. So you can see the potential profit for this game on gate numbers alone. What ticks me off is they sold us these tickets pretending there was going to be a game on Jan 1, or a season much less, and still took our money knowing damn well there wasn't going to be anything. And to top it off, at $20~ in service fees per ticket, I guarantee I'm assed out $100~ even if I get 'refunded'. If 90,000 tickets were sold, and they keep $20 per ticket, that's $1,800,000. Don't they only have to pay $100,000 to UM if they cancel? Gee, seems like even cancelling the WC is profitable for the NHL.

They lied, they deceived, they stole.

So if the Winter Classic gets cancelled what are you going to do?

Realistically? Ugly cry. Picture the raging kid from the internet video where he tries to shove the remote control up his ass, only with less penetration. That'll be me. Two middle fingers to this lockout, boys and girls.

I feel bad. I sold Matt my two seats on top of his for a chance to get better ones on StubHub, so he's really stuck. I won't be going now. IF it's on and IF I watch it (and it's Wings/Leafs, so no matter how pissed I am, there's a pretty good chance) I'll watch it from the warmth and comfort of my sister's couch with her big screen HD TV.

I feel most bad for some of the Wings (and Leafs) fans from outside Detroit that very possibly booked plane tickets or made other travel/work plans that are now all screwed up by this. Is the league going to refund $300 plane tickets along with the admission tickets? Don't think so.

I had to start thinking about whether or not I was going to attend this thing back in March/April. I honestly didn't even the lockout in the back of my mind. Ultimately decided against it because I already am home for a week around Christmas time, and to stretch the whole trip out to about 10 to 14 days was too much of a burden financially and on missing work. But at least I had 4 episodes of 24/7 and a beautiful game on HD, I thought...

My brother said something about today being the deadline for the game to go on. Myabe he was mistaken but I agree with Travis that I want all of my money back (GLI included). I'm so pissed because I tried like hell to go to Chicago when it was there and couldn't swing it. I finally get the right timing and buy tickets and this is what comes of it.

Edited by wingsfan75

My brother said something about today being the deadline for the game to go on. Myabe he was mistaken but I agree with Travis that I want all of my money back (GLI included). I'm so pissed because I tried like hell to go to Chicago when it was there and couldn't swing it. I finally get the right timing and buy tickets and this is what comes of it.

The plan is to announce the cancellation tomorrow (Thursday).

I just want my money back. Although, judging by their FAQ, we're going to burn for the service fees etc. At this point, I'm so irritated with the NHL, the players, and the owners that I don't want to contribute another dime to their HRR they are bickering about. Screw them all. If the game does end up going on, I'll probably sell them. Again, at this point, missing this much of the season already, it wont be the same, and in my opinion, none of these guys deserve my cash.

I want my money back and I have absolutely zero interest in the event for 2014. Screw 'em. Done.

Yep. When the event was first announced I would have prostituted myself (maybe an exaggeration...maybe not) to get tix. Now I just want my effing money back. They have sucked all the joy and excitement out of what would have been amazing events. It's an absolute disgrace, and though they should all be horribly ashamed and embarrassed by this clusterf$ck, I'm sure no one who has any decision making power gives two ant farts about how disgusting this whole situation is. I was never close to being done during the other lockouts, but I'm about ready to throw in the towel.

I feel bad. I sold Matt my two seats on top of his for a chance to get better ones on StubHub, so he's really stuck. I won't be going now. IF it's on and IF I watch it (and it's Wings/Leafs, so no matter how pissed I am, there's a pretty good chance) I'll watch it from the warmth and comfort of my sister's couch with her big screen HD TV.

I know I have said this in many different threads, but the only money the NHL will be seeing from me is the share of cable TV rights that they will get from be being a cable TV subscriber. I have spent thousands every year on NHL games, travel, merchandise, and so on. Right now, I am so upset that I am not spending a dime on these guys. Enjoy what cut you get per subscriber for cable TV, because that is all you are getting from me and for at least 4-5 years.

The refund policy on the NHL site also states all processing and service fees will be refunded, which is great because I've had events cancelled before I never got them back on. I was not happy then.

The 2013 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic® (the "Event") scheduled for January 1, 2013 at Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor, MI has been cancelled. As the Event has been cancelled, primary ticket purchasers can either receive refunds or maintain their tickets for the future event. Those seeking a refund are entitled to a ticket refund subject to the following terms and conditions:
  • Primary ticket purchaser will receive a refund directly from their authorized ticket outlet. i.e.,Global Event Forum (event packages, click here for more info), National Hockey League (Michigan Stadium suites, click here), Red Wings (click here), Maple Leafs (click here).
  • Anyone purchasing a ticket from a source other than the above aforementioned authorized ticket outlets must seek a refund directly through the party from whom the ticket was purchased. Authorized ticket outlets will only refund the primary ticket purchaser.
  • Primary ticket purchaser should retain original purchased ticket(s) and a credit card receipt, and /or receipt which verifies purchase from original authorized purchase outlet.
  • Primary ticket purchaser will be issued a full refund of the ticket purchase price, including service and processing fees.
  • If a refund is issued, such refund will be issued using the same method of payment used as original purchase through authorized ticket outlet. If a credit card was used to make the ticket purchase, then that same credit card will be credited for the refund.

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=632586

So I purchased Alumni Game tickets via stubhub. What are my options? Only recieve my money back because I'm a second hand buyer or do I actually have a choice to keep the tickets for the 2023 Winter Classic?

Look at the second bullet in my post above, I'm sure you will have to go through StubHub. I have no idea how that will work though because I'm assuming the seller already received their money for them? I was thinking about this kind of situation earlier today but I honestly don't know. I'd contact StubHub. You can't be the only one that bought them from there.

After some thought about what to do and now with clear options from the NHL Im surprised to say that I am thinking about holding on to my tickets.

I would honestly love to get my money back and buy back the seats in a years time but someone pointed out that Murphys law dosnt allow you to be so lucky. So rather than gamble away this opportunity to watch the game I love most between the 2 teams I love to watch play each other the most. Im leaning towards keeping the tickets.

In a years time if they are playing I think I would be very disappointed if I was not a part of this event. As a fan of the game Im going to be selfish and think about me and not about trying to screw the league or the players by not going.

I really really hope for the city of Detroit and the state of Michigan, the province of Ontario and the city of Toronto and for the good of the NHL that they come to an agreement sooner than later and play some hockey this year so that it gives fans a chance to "get over this" so next year this event can be everything Mr I dreams it is, for the good of the game for the fans for the economics of Michigan.

So I purchased Alumni Game tickets via stubhub. What are my options? Only recieve my money back because I'm a second hand buyer or do I actually have a choice to keep the tickets for the 2023 Winter Classic?

Stubhub will automatically refund you your money + fees that you paid out. You do not have to do anything. I believe in this case, Stubhub did not actually process your money to the seller's account due to the uncertainty of the event. They took your payment, but held it basically. So, there should be no issue of refunding you your money & taking money back from the seller, especially if he wants to hold onto the tickets for the next season.

Stubhub is trying to tell me that the Alumni Game is a contingent event and ONLY the Winter Classic has been cancelled. They told IF the Alumni Game gets cancelled I am due a refund. I forwarded the press release where it states all events associated with the Winter Classic have been cancelled and not just the WC. This better not be an issue. NOT liking the sound of this already.