Photo
- - - - -

Winter Classic Ticket Holders, What are you going to do?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Poll: WC Tix - Hold on Or Refund?

What are you going to do with your winter classic tickets?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:07 PM

So I purchased Alumni Game tickets via stubhub. What are my options? Only recieve my money back because I'm a second hand buyer or do I actually have a choice to keep the tickets for the 2023 Winter Classic?

Look at the second bullet in my post above, I'm sure you will have to go through StubHub. I have no idea how that will work though because I'm assuming the seller already received their money for them? I was thinking about this kind of situation earlier today but I honestly don't know. I'd contact StubHub. You can't be the only one that bought them from there.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#22 shoe

shoe

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

After some thought about what to do and now with clear options from the NHL Im surprised to say that I am thinking about holding on to my tickets.

I would honestly love to get my money back and buy back the seats in a years time but someone pointed out that Murphys law dosnt allow you to be so lucky. So rather than gamble away this opportunity to watch the game I love most between the 2 teams I love to watch play each other the most. Im leaning towards keeping the tickets.

In a years time if they are playing I think I would be very disappointed if I was not a part of this event. As a fan of the game Im going to be selfish and think about me and not about trying to screw the league or the players by not going.

I really really hope for the city of Detroit and the state of Michigan, the province of Ontario and the city of Toronto and for the good of the NHL that they come to an agreement sooner than later and play some hockey this year so that it gives fans a chance to "get over this" so next year this event can be everything Mr I dreams it is, for the good of the game for the fans for the economics of Michigan.

#23 juiceman

juiceman

Prospect

• 30 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

So I purchased Alumni Game tickets via stubhub. What are my options? Only recieve my money back because I'm a second hand buyer or do I actually have a choice to keep the tickets for the 2023 Winter Classic?

Stubhub will automatically refund you your money + fees that you paid out. You do not have to do anything. I believe in this case, Stubhub did not actually process your money to the seller's account due to the uncertainty of the event. They took your payment, but held it basically. So, there should be no issue of refunding you your money & taking money back from the seller, especially if he wants to hold onto the tickets for the next season.

#24 Zata fan 40

Zata fan 40

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:33 PM

Stubhub is trying to tell me that the Alumni Game is a contingent event and ONLY the Winter Classic has been cancelled. They told IF the Alumni Game gets cancelled I am due a refund. I forwarded the press release where it states all events associated with the Winter Classic have been cancelled and not just the WC. This better not be an issue. NOT liking the sound of this already.
c:\documentsandsettings\amy\mydocuments\homefortheholidays

#25 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:11 PM

Pee in Gary's corn flakes

Take a couple more beers and dont forget Fehr brother's flakes too, or just start with them.

#26 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:36 PM

If/when the game is cancelled I will expect a full refund for my entire purchase, GLI included, and I do not plan on spending another dime on the Winter Classic.

Exact same philosophy here. f*** everything about the lock out.

#27 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:19 PM

I'll buy someones WC tickets, I still want to watch it next year!

#28 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,169 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

Got the email, after all my huffing and puffing I chose to maintain my tix. Anyone else?

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#29 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

Got the email, after all my huffing and puffing I chose to maintain my tix. Anyone else?

Got my email, but I have no intention of maintaining the tickets whatsoever.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#30 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

I'm keeping mine too. There was a reason I scrounged up the money to get them in the first place. Cuz I bleed red AND white.

#31 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:23 PM

If I had any, I imagine I'd be keeping 'em.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#32 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:12 AM

So I wonder what the jerseys will look like when we finally do get a game?

#33 ToledoWingsFan

ToledoWingsFan

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:25 AM

I kept mine.

#34 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

I feel really bad for Leafs fans. What else do they have to look forward to, besides maybe (maybe) making the playoffs?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#35 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:15 PM

i kept mine. i guess that makes me a terrible person. oh well

#36 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,169 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:35 PM

A terrible person that will be sitting in the Big House next New Year's Day with me and all the other terrible people who decided to keep their tix! Welcome to the cognitive dissonance club, buddy.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#37 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

Nope just a great fan. I was pissed about the cancellation of the WC like everyone else, but what does making myself suffer by not watching my beloved red and white team solve aside from not getting to watch datsyuk and zetterberg before they get too old? All it does (and people don't realize this) is create a lower income for the nhl, which WILL cause another lockout, because then they won't have ANY money coming in. This whole lets make the owners and players suffer crap is stupid, because I want to see the game continue to grow, not collapse upon itself. That's my opinion, don't take it to heart people.

#38 Valas19

Valas19

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:07 PM

I want to encourage more people to rage/quit and get a refund which will improve my odds of getting better tickets and selling what I have now for next year.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

#39 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:42 PM

I want to encourage more people to rage/quit and get a refund which will improve my odds of getting better tickets and selling what I have now for next year.

Hopefully a Red Winger will get mine!