• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
number9

Players Considering Retirement

Rate this topic

For O'Donnell at least it's a very real thing. He's 41 years old and I don't think he currently has a contract with any team, does he?

Sad way for his career to come to a close if there's no hockey this season. I always liked O'Donnell.

I agree....it would be a terrible way to end a career, thinking you could play one more year and there was a lockout.

I agree....it would be a terrible way to end a career, thinking you could play one more year and there was a lockout.

That's why I'm glad that Lidstrom retired. Imagine him coming back for one more year, only to be slammed with a lockout like this.

I'd add Whitney and Homer to that list also, Whitney was already 40 before the lockout, and yeah he can still play but I don't see him coming back next year.

Definitely homer at least. I just don't see a spot for him on the wings anymore..

Was thinking about making a thread like this.

Unfortunately, I think Sean O'Donnell will retire :( I really liked him. I think Holmstrom is done. Eric Godard announced his retirement a few days ago.

There are plenty more guys that we may not see play again:

-Brian Rolston

-Jason Arnott

-Mike Knuble

-Andrew Brunette

-Radek Dvorak

-Brendan Morrison

-Jody Shelley

-Jay Pandolfo

-Jaromir Jagr

-Ray Whitney

-Eric Boulton

-Andreas Lilja

-Andy Sutton

Bertuzzi and Samuelsson will be a year older, too.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

I think the only reason Homer hasn't made a decision was because although there is obviously no room on the lineup for him this year, maybe he thinks things will align for him to play next year with the lockout uncertainty. I think it's time he hangs them up, but you can't blame him (that much) for wanting to keep playing.

Guest The Axe

663 regular season goals, over 1400 points. That's amazing especially considering he lost half a season in 95 and a whole season in 2005.

He almost certainly would've become the 7th player with 700 goals or more.

Agreed. He still might.