• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
goon19

Swiss League Topscorer Damien Brunner

Rate this topic

One of the few good things to come out of this lockout may have been Zetterberg and Brunner getting some time to build chemistry. Who knows how it will translate to the NHL, but now we know Z and him work well together and Babs will probably give them some time to get going even if they don't tear it up in the first few games, a patience he might not have had without knowing what we know now.

Guest The Axe

NHL Rink, NHL defense, NHL goalie = Brunner killers. I will be happy if Brunner turns out to be a Hudler type of guy, honestly. Expecting LaFontaine or Briere is unrealistic.

NHL Rink, NHL defense, NHL goalie = Brunner killers. I will be happy if Brunner turns out to be a Hudler type of guy, honestly. Expecting LaFontaine or Briere is unrealistic.

I understand your concerns, and they no doubt are legitimate. But I've been watching this guy play, and while the rink size, goalies, and defense are different in the NHL, Brunner's speed and shot are still top rate. This guy can pick corners, skate like the wind, and isn't afraid to go into tough areas. His skill set is MUCH closer to Briere than to Hudler. I honestly think he'll exceed every expectation. My prediction: 40 games, 12 goals and 25 pts.

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="kipwinger" data-cid="2338003" data-time="1357510469"><p>

<br />

<br />

I understand your concerns, and they no doubt are legitimate. But I've been watching this guy play, and while the rink size, goalies, and defense are different in the NHL, Brunner's speed and shot are still top rate. This guy can pick corners, skate like the wind, and isn't afraid to go into tough areas. His skill set is MUCH closer to Briere than to Hudler. I honestly think he'll exceed every expectation. My prediction: 40 games, 12 goals and 25 pts. </p></blockquote>

That would be great. I hope you are right.

I understand your concerns, and they no doubt are legitimate. But I've been watching this guy play, and while the rink size, goalies, and defense are different in the NHL, Brunner's speed and shot are still top rate. This guy can pick corners, skate like the wind, and isn't afraid to go into tough areas. His skill set is MUCH closer to Briere than to Hudler. I honestly think he'll exceed every expectation. My prediction: 40 games, 12 goals and 25 pts.

But if he truly is going to be an upgrade over Hudler, how many more hookers can he handle at a time compared to Happy? That's the question I want answered.

That's more like Hudler stats though. that would be around 25 goals and 50 points in an 82 game season. I predict it being more like 15 goals and 40 points in a 48 game season... just my thoughts

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Euro_Twins" data-cid="2338074" data-time="1357537099"><p>

<br />

That's more like Hudler stats though. that would be around 25 goals and 50 points in an 82 game season. I predict it being more like 15 goals and 40 points in a 48 game season... just my thoughts</p></blockquote>

Depends on if they give him Z and 1st pp time.

This Swiss league is missing some stuff. Defense, checking, and goalies being the most noticeable.

Overall I can say that Goalie level here in the Swiss league is above average. Half the league goalies could be starter or backup in the nhl as I watch about 30 games live in the stadium per season.

A few words to Damien Brunner. Great stickhandling, shot and speed. But I absolutely don't think he will make his spot in the roster.

Arrogant, disrespectful behavior on the ice. Shows no team spirit attitudes. No defense work. Hates body contacts. No leadership in times when team is struggeling.

If he is not able to make it within the first two scoring lines he will be crushed in 3rd and 4rd line. And I don't expect him having the patience and stamina to make via the AHL.

That's more like Hudler stats though. that would be around 25 goals and 50 points in an 82 game season. I predict it being more like 15 goals and 40 points in a 48 game season... just my thoughts

I'm short changing him this first year because there will do doubt be an adjustment period. I'd expect quite a lot more next season for sure.

Overall I can say that Goalie level here in the Swiss league is above average. Half the league goalies could be starter or backup in the nhl as I watch about 30 games live in the stadium per season.

A few words to Damien Brunner. Great stickhandling, shot and speed. But I absolutely don't think he will make his spot in the roster.

Arrogant, disrespectful behavior on the ice. Shows no team spirit attitudes. No defense work. Hates body contacts. No leadership in times when team is struggeling.

If he is not able to make it within the first two scoring lines he will be crushed in 3rd and 4rd line. And I don't expect him having the patience and stamina to make via the AHL.

Sounds a lot like other players we've picked up before. We seem to have a knack for learning them some respect.

But if he truly is going to be an upgrade over Hudler, how many more hookers can he handle at a time compared to Happy? That's the question I want answered.
All of them. Snugens.

On a side note, I remember reading an article or something that apparently Babcock stated that Brunner was signed to play with Z, which is also why Z went to play with Brunner during the lockout to get that chemistry going. Brunner also signed on the play for the Wings, not GR, which is why when the lockout was announced, he went back to EV Zug. Don't be surprised to see a top 6 of Franzen-Dats-Nyquist, Brunner-Z-Flip.

That would finally be some of the youth we wanted to see.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Z Winged Dangler" data-cid="2338232" data-time="1357585656"><p>

All of them. Snugens.<br />

<br />

On a side note, I remember reading an article or something that apparently Babcock stated that Brunner was signed to play with Z, which is also why Z went to play with Brunner during the lockout to get that chemistry going. Brunner also signed on the play for the Wings, not GR, which is why when the lockout was announced, he went back to EV Zug. Don't be surprised to see a top 6 of Franzen-Dats-Nyquist, Brunner-Z-Flip.<br />

<br />

That would finally be some of the youth we wanted to see.</p></blockquote>

That is 100% spot on the top 6 that I want to see. :thumbup:

Guest The Axe

I think we need more speed. Emmerton, Brunner, Helm, and Nyquist should help. Dont like bert and sammy.

for years, Red Wings fans were complaining that we dpnt have players willing to shoot the puck. So if Brunner is selfish and wants to shoot the puck, i dont see a problem if he scores.

Keep in mind that Z scored buckets while on the same line with Brunner. They simply complimented each other. The opposing D never really knew who was going to shoot

if he can adjust quickly to the size of the rink, he will do fine

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Spongewingredpants" data-cid="2339202" data-time="1357893512"><p>

for years, Red Wings fans were complaining that we dpnt have players willing to shoot the puck. So if Brunner is selfish and wants to shoot the puck, i dont see a problem if he scores.<br />

<br />

Keep in mind that Z scored buckets while on the same line with Brunner. They simply complimented each other. The opposing D never really knew who was going to shoot<br />

<br />

if he can adjust quickly to the size of the rink, he will do fine</p></blockquote>

With how great Z and Brunner did together, I can't wait to see how good of a line they are with datsyuk thrown into the mix! Ah wayy stoked for the season to start

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="kipwinger" data-cid="2339304" data-time="1357931782"><p>

<br />

Yeah no s***, not a bad deal for a guy who's never played a day in the NHL huh?</p></blockquote>

Better DB than Bert

Brunner should be stoked to be on a line with Datsyuk and Zetterberg. Should give him lots of energy and confidence.

I'm guessing Helm out means Franzen to third line center and Nyquist in top 6

Why would you guess that our leading goal scorer would move down to the third line for a playmaking rookie? If Helm's injury is serious enough to miss time, Nyquist would come in as the third line center and Franzen would stay put.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="kipwinger" data-cid="2339373" data-time="1357946171"><p>

<br />

Why would you guess that our leading goal scorer would move down to the third line for a playmaking rookie? If Helm's injury is serious enough to miss time, Nyquist would come in as the third line center and Franzen would stay put. </p></blockquote>

Reports said Franzen was playing on a line with Bertuzzi and Cleary idk I could be wrong

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="kipwinger" data-cid="2339373" data-time="1357946171"><p>

<br />

Why would you guess that our leading goal scorer would move down to the third line for a playmaking rookie? If Helm's injury is serious enough to miss time, Nyquist would come in as the third line center and Franzen would stay put. </p></blockquote>

Reports said Franzen was playing on a line with Bertuzzi and Cleary idk I could be wrong

Which reports? Gotta link?