• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#41 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,095 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:21 AM

Well when Phoenix has to drop assets in a fire sale, Yandle will be ours for peanuts :champs:
EDIT: For clarifaction I am referring to when the team folds...

The NHL is not interested in contraction. At the most, relocation.

Edited by rrasco, 12 November 2012 - 10:22 AM.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#42 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,753 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:59 AM

Well when Phoenix has to drop assets in a fire sale, Yandle will be ours for peanuts :champs:

Phoenix won't fold. They will just relocate the franchise to Quebec City, Las Vegas, Kansas City, etc.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#43 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:12 PM

Pass on Yandle, IMHO. We need a solid defensive defenseman, ideally a bruising sty-at-homer with high-end skillz (to pay the billz).

Unrelated but more relevant to the topic - I can't wait to see Nyquist, Brunner, and Mrazek on the same team. That team being the Wings.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#44 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:23 PM

Pass on Yandle, IMHO. We need a solid defensive defenseman, ideally a bruising sty-at-homer with high-end skillz (to pay the billz).

Unrelated but more relevant to the topic - I can't wait to see Nyquist, Brunner, and Mrazek on the same team. That team being the Wings.

Agreed. We might not have a big offensive defenseman like Yandle right now, but Kronners, Quincey, Smith, Coli, and White are decent puck movers, and that's 5/6 of our starting D-men. Plus all 5 of those guys play way more aggressive and physical than Yandle does.

Hopefully Ericsson can develop into that defensive defenseman we need.... We seem to be trying to mold him into a Stuart.
And Hopefully Smith develops into that go to offensive defenseman now that Lids and Raffi are gone.

#45 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:12 PM

Well when Phoenix has to drop assets in a fire sale, Yandle will be ours for peanuts :champs:/>

Hockey in Phoenix is stupid. What was Bettman thinking?

#46 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,997 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

Recently posted highlight video of Zetterberg and Brunner performing their magic. If this translates back to the NHL are they in line to be the new Euro Twins, or would it be a more mentor-mentee relationship?

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#47 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,466 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

Recently posted highlight video of Zetterberg and Brunner performing their magic. If this translates back to the NHL are they in line to be the new Euro Twins, or would it be a more mentor-mentee relationship?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3o9lGnqv5A

These two are tearing up the swiss league, Z and Brunner had a combined 12 points in the last 2 games

#48 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

I don't think anyone will replace the datsyuk-zetterberg euro-twins combo in their prime. but I hope to God brunner/z's production translates well to the NHL.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#49 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,607 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

Can someone explain to me why the one guy on the team with the white jersey's is wearing a flaming yellow helmet? lol

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#50 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:46 PM

Can someone explain to me why the one guy on the team with the white jersey's is wearing a flaming yellow helmet? lol

He holds the well-respected position of being the team's "Flamer," a position only recognized in Swiss hockey that is similar to that of "distracter" in beer pong. Although the Flamer is not allowed to show his breasts. True story.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#51 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,055 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

I think the teams' leading scorers are honored with a special helmet which makes them stick out more. Brunner wears a bright helmet and flames.

More info: http://en.wikipedia....ance_Top_Scorer

Edited by Echolalia, 05 December 2012 - 03:57 PM.

#52 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,466 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

I think the teams' leading scorers are honored with a special helmet which makes them stick out more. Brunner wears a bright helmet and flames.

More info: http://en.wikipedia....ance_Top_Scorer

Yes this is true, the top scorer on every team in the swiss league where's the flames.

#53 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,607 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

Yes this is true, the top scorer on every team in the swiss league where's the flames.

I'm at a complete loss for words..thats one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#54 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,466 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:32 PM

I'm at a complete loss for words..thats one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

Lmao, I don't disagree. That is probably why Brunner wanted out lol. Look everyone, cover the flaming guy!

#55 Azelov

Azelov

Jr. Prospect

• 28 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:35 AM

Why stupid? I could understand "ugly" but Stupid.. Explain please.

#56 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:29 AM

This Swiss league is missing some stuff. Defense, checking, and goalies being the most noticeable.

#57 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:08 PM

This Swiss league is missing some stuff. Defense, checking, and goalies being the most noticeable.

Yeah, Cory Emmerton could probably put up 20 points playing 70 games in the Swiss league instead of the 10 he put up last year. :lol:

So does anyone else think that the Swiss league took their inspiration for the flaming helmet from the NBA Jam video game series?

#58 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

Yeah, Cory Emmerton could probably put up 20 points playing 70 games in the Swiss league instead of the 10 he put up last year. :lol:/>

So does anyone else think that the Swiss league took their inspiration for the flaming helmet from the NBA Jam video game series?

Hmmmm. Thats a good point. I bet Brunner would still be ahead tho.

#59 luvmnger

luvmnger

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:24 PM

right now he has more bang for the buck than nash, couture, thornton, and bergeron. i think the competition is quite lacking in the swiss league, but as long as he doesn't get killed in the first month of playing in the winged wheel, we should have ourselves a bona fide scorer.

how much...is the question.

doesnt that helmet put a big fricking target on you? try that in the NHL and kronwall can go hunting for keeps!
Dino Ciccarelli will always be #1

#60 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:30 PM

The helmet makes you look stupid cuz its yellow. Hunter orange would be way better.