Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:26 AM

Packers cheese head hat for helmet
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#62 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,609 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:02 AM

Why stupid? I could understand "ugly" but Stupid.. Explain please.

Ughhh..nevermind.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#63 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:15 AM

http://www.elitepros...&name=&order=TP

4 Red Wings in the top 15 in scoring outside the NHL, pretty impressive. The most surprising is Jan Mursak, I know its in Austria but he's well over a PPG.

#64 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

http://www.elitepros...&name=&order=TP

4 Red Wings in the top 15 in scoring outside the NHL, pretty impressive. The most surprising is Jan Mursak, I know its in Austria but he's well over a PPG.

Does this mean Brunner is the best player in the world right now???

Shout out to Miller as well at 22. Hope all these guys come back with boosted confidence.

#65 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:07 AM

Does this mean Brunner is the best player in the world right now???

Shout out to Miller as well at 22. Hope all these guys come back with boosted confidence.

No it just means he is the best points producer in the swiss league right now, that's all

#66 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:25 AM

No it just means he is the best points producer in the swiss league right now, that's all

Sorry, not buyin it Euro Twins, clearly Brunner is the most dominant hockey player in the world....and Drew Miller is the 22nd best player. Go Wings.

#67 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:22 PM

Sorry, not buyin it Euro Twins, clearly Brunner is the most dominant hockey player in the world....and Drew Miller is the 22nd best player. Go Wings.

I'll let that one slide Cameron... this time (but Dats is number 1)

Edited by Euro_Twins, 10 December 2012 - 12:23 PM.

#68 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:21 PM

For those keeping track Brunner and Omark had a goal and an assist each, in last night's game. For the first time in a long time Zetterberg was kept off the scoresheet. That brings Brunner up to 24 goals and 29 assists in 30 games. Calling it right now, this kid is going to be the real deal in North America, prep time or not.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#69 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:14 AM

Recently posted highlight video of Zetterberg and Brunner performing their magic. If this translates back to the NHL are they in line to be the new Euro Twins, or would it be a more mentor-mentee relationship?

My wife's league has more contact than that. From the looks of that video, the defensewomen are a lot meaner, too.

Nice to know our boys won't get hurt over there.

#70 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:18 AM

My wife's league has more contact than that. From the looks of that video, the defensewomen are a lot meaner, too.

Exactly!!! The goalies are horrible, as well.

#71 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

Zetterberg and Brunner combined for a measly three goals and six points today.  Slackers!

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

#72 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,570 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:55 PM

I think Brunner and Zetterberg will be good for at least a point between them every game in the real world--I mean NHL.  ;)  

Haven't gotten to see them play, but I've heard nothing but good things about them.  Brunner could be the firepower we needed, provided he stays healthy and doesn't get completely stifled by tighter defense.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#73 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="VM1138" data-cid="2337388" data-time="1357188905"><p>
I think Brunner and Zetterberg will be good for at least a point between them every game in the real world--I mean NHL.  ;)  <br />
 <br />
Haven't gotten to see them play, but I've heard nothing but good things about them.  Brunner could be the firepower we needed, provided he stays healthy and doesn't get completely stifled by tighter defense.</p></blockquote>

Linus Omark is 2nd in scoring. Why is everyone so down on that guy?

#74 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:58 AM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="VM1138" data-cid="2337388" data-time="1357188905"><p>
I think Brunner and Zetterberg will be good for at least a point between them every game in the real world--I mean NHL.   ;)  <br />
 <br />
Haven't gotten to see them play, but I've heard nothing but good things about them.  Brunner could be the firepower we needed, provided he stays healthy and doesn't get completely stifled by tighter defense.</p></blockquote>

Linus Omark is 2nd in scoring. Why is everyone so down on that guy?

I don't think anybody ever criticized Omark based on his skill set, I think it was more about his attitude.  He did a lot of s***ty things in Edmonton including refusing to play in the AHL, requesting a trade via twitter, etc.  The guy is clearly skilled, but on most NHL teams if you don't pay your dues then you don't amount to s***.  Washington and other teams don't necessarily have that rule, and fat lot of good it's done them. 

#75 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:19 AM

Brunner wasn't afraid to get his nose dirty at the WC

#76 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

I guess at this point we will just have to wait and see.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#77 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:53 AM

Can't wait to see what Brunner does now. Bang or bust. Kind of getting the jitters for training camp and line combos. Woo-hoo

#78 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,348 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

One of the few good things to come out of this lockout may have been Zetterberg and Brunner getting some time to build chemistry. Who knows how it will translate to the NHL, but now we know Z and him work well together and Babs will probably give them some time to get going even if they don't tear it up in the first few games, a patience he might not have had without knowing what we know now. 

#79 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

NHL Rink, NHL defense, NHL goalie = Brunner killers. I will be happy if Brunner turns out to be a Hudler type of guy, honestly. Expecting LaFontaine or Briere is unrealistic.

#80 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

NHL Rink, NHL defense, NHL goalie = Brunner killers. I will be happy if Brunner turns out to be a Hudler type of guy, honestly. Expecting LaFontaine or Briere is unrealistic.

I understand your concerns, and they no doubt are legitimate.  But I've been watching this guy play, and while the rink size, goalies, and defense are different in the NHL, Brunner's speed and shot are still top rate.  This guy can pick corners, skate like the wind, and isn't afraid to go into tough areas.  His skill set is MUCH closer to Briere than to Hudler.  I honestly think he'll exceed every expectation.  My prediction: 40 games, 12 goals and 25 pts.