• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rrasco

NHL Officially Cancels 2013 Winter Classic

Rate this topic

Speaking of crying.....

Which player will be crying this week to the media. Poor NHLPA and poor Fehr. They are just innocent bystanders in all of this. The Devil wears an NHL Logo.

When will the players wake up and finally see that Fehr is just playing a game with all of their money? They are all getting screwed.

Edited by hillbillywingsfan

Right, and you know there will be another Lockout in 6 years anyway, so what's the point in trying to throw a CBA together? With this current bunch of morons, nothing get's fixed. 50/50 isn't going to fix anything. The Owners need to share revenues better, instead of letting teams like the Leafs sit on massive profits while Phoenix rots, and the city of Glendale pays Millions and Millions to keep the team.

The current system is insane!

How is it the Leafs fault that they make boat loads of money and the Glendale taxpayers pay millions to keep a team that they don't support anyways? The NHL just needs to leave Phoenix. Why should the Leafs pay any more to revenue sharing than the next team? If they have more profitable teams paying more than others then there needs to be a hierarchy in the NHL where the owners with the most profit have more pull than the owners of teams who can't afford to pay their players and have to give tickets away to get people to the games cause no one will show up otherwise.

There is a lockout because there are too many non-hockey markets in the NHL. And why should the rich owners pay the salaries and other costs for teams? Personally, I think revenue sharing is complete BS. That's like Coke giving money to Pepsi cause they can't afford to pay for bottles to put their drink in, but they still want to sell pop....

Sucks, but it's the best thing to cancel the game. The lockout has left yet another black mark on the history of the league, and that mark doesn't need to tarnish the league's premier event. The teams don't deserve that, the participants in the Winter Festival at Comerica don't deserve that, and most of all, the fans don't deserve it.

Not just the events, but the players also lose years of their careers and primes.

Datsyuk and Zetterberg are now short about 100 career NHL points due to the lockout. Teemu Selanne could in all reality have over 700 goals now and over 1500 points. I barf in my mouth as I type this, but Crosby and Ovechkin both had their rookie season delayed a year and lost likely 100 points each to the last full season lockout, and Crosby is "healthy" again and could potentially get 120 points this year with a full season. Nyquist and Smith should be rookies on the Wings roster. Brunner should be on Z's line on the Wings along with Filppula. We have a good backup goalie to alleviate pressure on Howard this year. Tootoo hits and forechecks, nuff said. The Wings are without a captain cause the season hasn't started. The list goes on....Winter Classic. And if there's another year without the Stanley Cup rewarded, the NHL will have a hard time recovering especially in the US. And after their first cup win in history, the Kings don't even get the hounour of defending their crown.

Read an article today mentioning how even hockeymad markets like Toronto and Montreal almost stopped reporting about hockey.

This is a dangerous game and still can't understand how it has come to this again in 5 years again.?

At least Wings and Leafs are going to play the next WC whenever NHL is back

Sent from my BlackBerry

Guest The Axe

As a Canadian, f*** the NHL and the US currency.

Paid:

OEI JLA BOX OFFICE 313-396-7575, MI 708.00 USD @ 1.022768

$724.12

Received:

OEI JLA BOX OFFICE 313-396-7575, MI -708.00 USD @ .970127

$686.85

Conspiracy = winter classic speculation!!

I guess I don't understand conversion rates very well, because that confuses me. I understand there should be two values, that of the US dollar and that of the CAD dollar. However, why are there three numbers?

At the time Danielsm paid for the tickets, the exchange rate for Canadian-to-US dollars was 1.022768, meaning that $1USD = $1.02CDN. So for the $708 US price, he actually paid $724.12 from his pocket. At the time of the refund, the exchange rate for Canadian-to-US dollars was 0.970127, meaning that $1 USD = $0.97CDN. So for the $708 US refund, he only received $686.85 back.

Because the Wings/JLA Box Office can only trade in US Dollars, they could only refund the original $708.00 USD they received, regardless of the currency exchange rate. Through no fault of his own, Danielsm got screwed out of $37.27, or the cost of one beer at the now-cancelled Winter Classic.

$708.00 US x 1.022768 = $724.12 Canadian - Amount Paid

$708.00 US x 0.970127 = $686.85 Canadian - Amount Refunded

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up, I had not realized one was a refund. That is unfortunate. I also didn't realize the US dollar was worth more than the CAD right now.

It is always up and down, honestly it is luck of the draw, one day it might be worth .97 and the next day it is worth 1.02.

What happens if the NHL REGULAR season starts around Dec. 20th? I keep hearing allot of positive things from tonight's meeting. Could the NHL put the Winter Classic back in motion? Or is the prepping for a event like that take more than 26 days? lol.

Edited by PROBIE4PREZ

It won't happen. Half the people got their refunds. People cancelled travel/lodging plans. They won't try to rush it. Nobody would show up.

Plus at this point it would be stupid to have it. The ratings would be awful, the attendance poor, The NHL would lose more money on it than what would be invested in it.