• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

It's almost near, tomorrow night at midnight Halo 4 releases bringing new life into the series with Bungee off the project and 343 Industries taking the lead.

A lot of die hard Halo fans were nervous about the final product, new developer with their first big project and Halo CE being a bit of a flop. The reviews are in and they are phenomenal, IGN rating it a 9.8 making it among the highest rated games in years.

New weapons, enemies, and gameplay, Halo 4 is stacking up to be one of the most epic releases this fall, I have my copy preordered and Tuesday can't come soon enough. Anyone else plan on picking this up and is as amped up for this game as I am?

Halo fans unite, everything and anything Halo in this thread.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#2 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:34 AM

Just ended a 12 hour online marathon with 6 friends, didn't even realize I literally spent half the day playing this game. Fact is, Halo is fun again. It's a phenomenal step in the right direction, everything is tighter, there's a lot of new weapons, customization, unlockables, challenge missions... There's just a wealth of content.

There's enough original that it feels like Halo, but enough new to make it a significantly separate game from the rest. It's possibly the best looking game graphically on the console, It actually took me a minute to realize the cut scenes were renderings. If you haven't played Halo before, this is the best version and an ideal starting point. Halo is back with a new developer that has officially proven they can take control of the franchise and make it incredible.

#3 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,081 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:09 PM

Worth getting? I haven't bought a Halo game since Halo 2. After 2 came out I didn't start to like Halo anymore and went over to Call of Duty.
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#4 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

It's definitely worth getting, you'd be surprised how different it is now compared to Halo 2. They did take a bit more of a Call of Duty approach with this game allowing for 5 customized loadouts and unlockable equipment as you gain levels. It's experience based not skill based.

It's hard not to recommend, and I see this as a solid candidate for Game of the Year.

#5 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,081 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:39 PM

It's definitely worth getting, you'd be surprised how different it is now compared to Halo 2. They did take a bit more of a Call of Duty approach with this game allowing for 5 customized loadouts and unlockable equipment as you gain levels. It's experience based not skill based.

It's hard not to recommend, and I see this as a solid candidate for Game of the Year.

I've watched a couple kids who stream there games and it looks pretty good. I was never good at Halo at all, back when I played Halo 2 and 3 I didn't even own an xbox yet. I had an Xbox Live account but would go to my neighbors to play after school almost everyday. One thing though is what's the controls like for the game? I could never get use to them becasuse I would be thinking COD so much. Game of the Year but not to sound bias or anything but from the way the trailer looks it may be hard to beat Black Ops 2.

#6 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:27 PM

Control scheme can be adjusted to be closer to COD controls. There's been so many good games released this year that it's gonna be a tough run for GOTY, but I think COD is in desperate need for an overhaul before it's in the running again. COD has been built on the same game engine since COD4 which is beginning to be a major complaint from game reviewers, and for that reason i'm probably passing on black ops 2 this year. I may be a bit biased though, i'm definitely a Halo fan and when it comes to modern shooters I do prefer Battlefield. I used to love COD but it's not getting changed enough year after year for me to stick with it.

#7 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,081 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:28 PM

Well played Halo 4 at a friends last night and I gotta say it was a good game actually but damn do I suck. :tounge: . Probably will get it after Black Ops 2 come out and I get a little bit more money.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users