• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

Disney Buys Star Wars, 3 New Films Coming

Rate this topic

Is that possible? I swear I wanted to kill the stupid longneck animal everytime he had something to say. When we are looking at some typical Disney movies it goes like:

1. introduce the characters (serious, funny and clumsy guys)

2. introduce the enemies

3. 2 - 3 loveable (1%) - bad songs (99 %)

So I am looking forward to some high expensive effects, bad stories, Skywalker and Obi-Wan doing some sing along and worse than that another longneck animal...

C'mon look at avengers and pirates...

Oh goodie... It's not like this has the potential to be disastrous or anything...

Star Wars Spinoff Films Confirmed By Disney

The Walt Disney Company chairman and CEO confirmed on Tuesday (February 5) that there are indeed standalone "Star Wars" films in development, in addition to the already announced trilogy of new "Star Wars" entries beginning with Abrams' "Episode VII."
"There has been speculation about some stand-alone films that have been in development, and I can confirm to you today that in fact we are working on a few stand-alone films," Iger said on CNBC's "Closing Bell with Maria Bartiromo."

Oh goodie... It's not like this has the potential to be disastrous or anything...

Star Wars Spinoff Films Confirmed By Disney

I actually like this if they base those on some good stories that already exist in the SW universe (from the Old Republic era for example).

edit: Guess not. 'Star Wars' spin-offs: A young Han Solo movie, and a Boba Fett film -- Exclusive

Edited by Finnish Wing

I'm afraid that Lando Calrissian picture I used a few posts back might get used a whole lot more before this whole thing is done...

"This deal is getting worse all the time..."

According to IMDb Mark Hamill (rumoured), and Harrison ford will be playing the roles of Luke Skywalker, and Hans Solo in Episode VII

Edit: also Carrie Fisher is rumoured to be playing Leia "Solo"

Edited by Euro_Twins

According to IMDb Mark Hamill (rumoured), and Harrison ford will be playing the roles of Luke Skywalker, and Hans Solo in Episode VII

Edit: also Carrie Fisher is rumoured to be playing Leia "Solo"

Star Wars episode VII : The Arthritis Strikes Back

I'm also a Firefly fan, own them all on dvd. Damn shame the fate of that series was.

I think Phantom Menace was the worst of the newer releases, i'm not as hard on Episode 2 and 3 as most SW fans are but I try to remain realistic in the fact that we probably won't see another quality film like the original trilogies.

I'd like to see them go off with Shadow of the Empire at some point, although there are some very good books out there among the hundreds that would justify a film.

Edited by MabusIncarnate

Guest irishock

So why was Harrrison and company not brought back the first time around in 1999?

Star Wars episode VII : The Arthritis Strikes Back

I'm also a Firefly fan, own them all on dvd. Damn shame the fate of that series was.

I think Phantom Menace was the worst of the newer releases, i'm not as hard on Episode 2 and 3 as most SW fans are but I try to remain realistic in the fact that we probably won't see another quality film like the original trilogies.

I'd like to see them go off with Shadow of the Empire at some point, although there are some very good books out there among the hundreds that would justify a film.

Ya I am still upset about firefly :(

I didn't mind episode 2 & 3 but they by far were nowhere near where they should have been

Awwww, that's just a damn shame. George Lucas said Disney didn't use ANY of his ideas for "The Force Awakens"...

When Lucas sold Lucasfilm to Disney in 2012, the deal included ideas and treatments for subsequent films in his Star Wars series. In an interview with USA Today, Lucas said his plan was to shoot Episode VII, release it in May 2015 and then sell the company. He abandoned that plan when Disney came along with an offer to buy his company saying, "time is more important to me than the money."

But in a separate sit-down with Cinema Blend, Lucas has said Disney has gone in a different direction. “The [ideas] that I sold to Disney, they came up to the decision that they didn't really want to do those. So they made up their own. So it's not the ones that I originally wrote.”

Maybe I have some hope for this series after all...

And, since no one yet posted it, here's the trailer for Episode VII, The Force Awakens.

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.

Ok. I admit it. I was flat out wrong when this all started 3 years ago.

From everything that I've seen about The Force Awakens, it seems that JJ Abrams has made this film in the same mold as the Original Trilogy was, where the focus is about the characters and the story, and NOT the special effects and CGI. Actual constructed sets were used, instead of 95% green-screen.

I haven't been this excited about anything Star Wars related in a LONG, LONG time.

The Force may indeed be with us all.

Ok. I admit it. I was flat out wrong when this all started 3 years ago.

From everything that I've seen about The Force Awakens, it seems that JJ Abrams has made this film in the same mold as the Original Trilogy was, where the focus is about the characters and the story, and NOT the special effects and CGI. Actual constructed sets were used, instead of 95% green-screen.

I haven't been this excited about anything Star Wars related in a LONG, LONG time.

The Force may indeed be with us all.

I must agree thought we would be seeing a singing Luke Skywalker and tons of CGI.

I love the look of the storm troopers and that red lightsword looks badass.

On my honor as an LGW Mod*, the following link is a completely spoiler free review of The Force Awakens.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/12/16/10243884/star-wars-the-force-awakens-review

It's currently sitting at 97% from Rotten Tomatoes.

I. Cannot. Wait.

*take that or leave it, for what it's worth

I have it on good authority that...

*spoiler alert*

Vader is Luke's father, Han Solo is really Indiana Jones, and Jabba is secretly a woman (although let's be honest--who didn't see that coming given his voluptuous pear shape?). What a wild ride!

saw it at 7:30

walked out of the theater in a daze

oh man, it is SO. FREAKING. GOOD.

I need like 3 years to process everything.

The only thing I could say after seeing it last night was "WOW".

It's too new and too shiny right now for me to put in any kind of definitive ranking, but it's easily better than all of the prequels.

GO SEE THIS MOVIE. You won't be disappointed. The Force is strong with this one.

The only thing I could say after seeing it last night was "WOW".

It's too new and too shiny right now for me to put in any kind of definitive ranking, but it's easily better than all of the prequels.

GO SEE THIS MOVIE. You won't be disappointed. The Force is strong with this one.

I sat in my chair after the credits started rolling and just said "Whoa...." I couldn't even get up right away.

I'm definitely going to need to see it again, might wait until after Christmas though.

Just saw the 3-D version and it was spectacular. I did find parts of the story reminiscent of the first three4-6. I was surprised by who the bad guy was and felt they shouldn't have told the viewer so quickly. I don't want to give anything away. So I'll just say it is by far better than 1-3.

Definitely will go again.

I give it two thumbs up and a butt pat.

Just saw the 3-D version and it was spectacular. I did find parts of the story reminiscent of the first three4-6. I was surprised by who the bad guy was and felt they shouldn't have told the viewer so quickly. I don't want to give anything away. So I'll just say it is by far better than 1-3.

Definitely will go again.

I give it two thumbs up and a butt pat.

Same thoughts here. Definitely felt like 4-6 style in terms of environment and surroundings the characters were in during the movie. Forest scenes, desert scenes etc.

Edited by kickazz

Same thoughts here. Definitely felt like 4-6 style in terms of environment and surroundings the characters were in during the movie. Forest scenes, desert scenes etc.

That screen wipe, jj Abrams seems like he was trying to mostly erase the damage done in the last three, which was good, it needed to happen, but I feel like he held back just because of how it would be received had they resembled the newer ones more than the older.

The lack of cgi alone was enough for me, and it was better than I had anticipated, but I'm not a huge star wars fan.

Also, at the beginning of the film, the new actors seemed like they were being pushed on us bc they were black and a woman In a position of relative power(bc the original lacked that so much) but by the end of it, those twos personalities actually fit the parts well. It was like they started filming the movie before they had the ending finished.

It ended up being much better than it started off as.

I'm excited for the next one.

And thst girl has gorgeous teeth.

I dig that. Ha.

That screen wipe, jj Abrams seems like he was trying to mostly erase the damage done in the last three, which was good, it needed to happen, but I feel like he held back just because of how it would be received had they resembled the newer ones more than the older.

The lack of cgi alone was enough for me, and it was better than I had anticipated, but I'm not a huge star wars fan.

Also, at the beginning of the film, the new actors seemed like they were being pushed on us bc they were black and a woman In a position of relative power(bc the original lacked that so much) but by the end of it, those twos personalities actually fit the parts well. It was like they started filming the movie before they had the ending finished.

It ended up being much better than it started off as.

I'm excited for the next one.

And thst girl has gorgeous teeth.

I dig that. Ha.

She was a cute one for sure.

Also I personally felt like Carrie Fisher (princess laya) looks way better at her older age than she did when she was younger. Weird I know but maybe it's because of the hair change in the new movie. Also chewbacca didn't seem to age. Wonder what his secret is.

Edited by kickazz