• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,804 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:23 PM

Or Joss Whedon who seems to have everyone fooled by producing novelties and guilty pleasures and parading them as decent movies/tv shows. His writing and stories plain suck and I can't even be nice about it.

You say anything bad about Firefly, and I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you...*

As far as how bad the new series will be, I'm torn. Honestly, I can't see them being any worse than Attack of the Clones, so there's still a little hope. But there's no way they could ever hold a candle to the original trilogy.

*See my avy/sig combo. Yes, that's a Firefly quote.

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#22 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,464 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:00 AM

+1 to Firefly being awesome. Some of the best ensemble acting I've seen in any genre. Downright shiny. Nice to see a fellow browncoat here.
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#23 shoobiedoobin

shoobiedoobin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

I agree with whoever said Star Wars wasn't about budgets, it was about creating a large living breathing story universe. At first I thought someone like Duncan Jones or Neil Blompkamp would've done a good job and I still think they're more talented than JJ Abrams, but then it occured to me-Peter Jackson does a pretty good job at adapting the universe of someone else. It's when he strays away that he becomes a little mediocre but he picked up LotR and ran with it. He seems to be able to give off that feel that the character and story is part of a world bigger than what you're seeing. That'd be perfect for Star Wars.

I think the problem also is partly us. We'll forever want that fun child-like feeling we got when we first saw Ep 4. It won't happen. I think the best we can do is not give it so much Hollywood sheen and keep it simple. Peter Jackson I think would've done the world some good but then again, maybe his name would've been too big, almost in the way that some actors are bigger than the movie they're making and it takes important focus away from the film itself.

#24 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,093 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:40 PM

I don't know how much worse they could do than Jar Jar Binks. I think Disney will do a good job, look at pirates, and the avengers, they were great movies. I think they will give star wars their own little twist but ultimately it will be much better than the prequels, I am pretty excited. I was upset and nervous at first, but it is happening like it or not so I may as well be excited :)

+1 to Firefly being awesome. Some of the best ensemble acting I've seen in any genre. Downright shiny. Nice to see a fellow browncoat here.

this. 

screw fox

#25 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,743 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

I call bust. Disney will make it even worse than the prequels. 

Is that possible? I swear I wanted to kill the stupid longneck animal everytime he had something to say. When we are looking at some typical Disney movies it goes like:

1. introduce the characters (serious, funny and clumsy guys)

2. introduce the enemies

3. 2 - 3 loveable (1%) - bad songs (99 %)

So I am looking forward to some high expensive effects, bad stories, Skywalker and Obi-Wan doing some sing along and worse than that another longneck animal...

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#26 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,093 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

Is that possible? I swear I wanted to kill the stupid longneck animal everytime he had something to say. When we are looking at some typical Disney movies it goes like:

1. introduce the characters (serious, funny and clumsy guys)

2. introduce the enemies

3. 2 - 3 loveable (1%) - bad songs (99 %)

So I am looking forward to some high expensive effects, bad stories, Skywalker and Obi-Wan doing some sing along and worse than that another longneck animal...

C'mon look at avengers and pirates... 

#27 Jedi

Jedi

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,804 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

Oh goodie... It's not like this has the potential to be disastrous or anything...

Star Wars Spinoff Films Confirmed By Disney

The Walt Disney Company chairman and CEO confirmed on Tuesday (February 5) that there are indeed standalone "Star Wars" films in development, in addition to the already announced trilogy of new "Star Wars" entries beginning with Abrams' "Episode VII."

"There has been speculation about some stand-alone films that have been in development, and I can confirm to you today that in fact we are working on a few stand-alone films," Iger said on CNBC's "Closing Bell with Maria Bartiromo."

snyoep.jpg

#28 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

Oh goodie... It's not like this has the potential to be disastrous or anything...

Star Wars Spinoff Films Confirmed By Disney

I actually like this if they base those on some good stories that already exist in the SW universe (from the Old Republic era for example).

edit: Guess not. 'Star Wars' spin-offs: A young Han Solo movie, and a Boba Fett film -- Exclusive

Edited by Finnish Wing, 06 February 2013 - 02:04 PM.

Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#29 Jedi

Jedi

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,804 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:14 PM

I'm afraid that Lando Calrissian picture I used a few posts back might get used a whole lot more before this whole thing is done...

"This deal is getting worse all the time..."

snyoep.jpg

#30 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,093 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:28 AM

According to IMDb Mark Hamill (rumoured), and Harrison ford will be playing the roles of Luke Skywalker, and Hans Solo in Episode VII

Edit: also Carrie Fisher is rumoured to be playing Leia "Solo"

Edited by Euro_Twins, 04 March 2013 - 04:29 AM.

#31 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,877 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:08 AM

Hope springs eternal.

#32 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

According to IMDb Mark Hamill (rumoured), and Harrison ford will be playing the roles of Luke Skywalker, and Hans Solo in Episode VII

Edit: also Carrie Fisher is rumoured to be playing Leia "Solo"

Star Wars episode VII : The Arthritis Strikes Back

I'm also a Firefly fan, own them all on dvd. Damn shame the fate of that series was. 

I think Phantom Menace was the worst of the newer releases, i'm not as hard on Episode 2 and 3 as most SW fans are but I try to remain realistic in the fact that we probably won't see another quality film like the original trilogies. 

I'd like to see them go off with Shadow of the Empire at some point, although there are some very good books out there among the hundreds that would justify a film. 

Edited by MabusIncarnate, 08 March 2013 - 05:36 PM.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#33 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:28 PM

So why was Harrrison and company not brought back the first time around in 1999?

bringit.jpg

#34 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,877 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:56 AM

They hadn't been born yet.  Well, Han was a baby, but Luke and Leia hadn't been born yet.

#35 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,093 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:27 PM

Star Wars episode VII : The Arthritis Strikes Back

I'm also a Firefly fan, own them all on dvd. Damn shame the fate of that series was. 

I think Phantom Menace was the worst of the newer releases, i'm not as hard on Episode 2 and 3 as most SW fans are but I try to remain realistic in the fact that we probably won't see another quality film like the original trilogies. 

I'd like to see them go off with Shadow of the Empire at some point, although there are some very good books out there among the hundreds that would justify a film. 

Ya I am still upset about firefly :(

I didn't mind episode 2 & 3 but they by far were nowhere near where they should have been

#36 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:07 AM

Disney-Star-Wars-Family.jpg

bringit.jpg

#37 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,877 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:54 AM

Disney-Star-Wars-Family.jpg

I can identify three people in that picture.  The Force is not strong with the rest of them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users