• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kipwinger

Nyquist Injury: Any News?

Rate this topic

I had not heard. This is all I could find so far...

Grand Rapids finished out the frame with two goals of its own to take a 3-2 advantage into the intermission. In a goal that was originally credited to Sheahan and later corrected, Smith’s shot from the left side caromed off a Rockford stick and past Carter Hutton at 12:40. Later, less than a minute after Gustav Nyquist sustained a hard hit from Philippe Paradis along the boards and left the game, the Griffins gained a measure of revenge on the second goal by Sheahan, who collected a loose puck atop the left circle and quickly whipped it into the back of the net at 16:42.

http://www.griffinsh...article_id=2284

Looks like somebody also got checked in the head...

2nd V K. Beach 10.00 Match - Check to the head (48.5) 6:42

The teams exchanged long-range goals early in the second period, with Smith getting his second at 4:37 on a blast from the top of the right circle during a power play to put the Griffins ahead 4-2. Then, after Rockford’s Kyle Beach was assessed a match penalty for checking Smith in the head, it was the IceHogs (5-5-0-1) that scored shorthanded during Grand Rapids’ extended power play, as Jimmy Hayes seemed to surprise Mrazek on an innocent-looking shot at 7:50.

http://theahl.com/st...game_id=1010017

Edited by rrasco

I was at the game and it looked like he took a hard hit. At the same time, he got up and skated off with the trainer. Could be a concussion, but I don't think it was anything with an ankle or leg injury. I think they held him out for concussion testing and such.

Guest The Axe

Dar, I like applesauce.

Dont expect Nyquist to stay healthy too long. He's a boy amongst men. Datsyuk is built like a sherman tank. His 190 lbs of nhler are not the same kind of lbs that Nyquist currently has.

Dont expect Nyquist to stay healthy too long. He's a boy amongst men. Datsyuk is built like a sherman tank. His 190 lbs of nhler are not the same kind of lbs that Nyquist currently has.

As usual this is absurd. Jiri Hudler played 76,81,82, 73, and 81 games his last 5 NHL season respectively. Are we to understand that his 175 lbs. are somehow a different "kind of lbs" than Nyquist as well? What about Marty St. Louis? Or are you somehow privy to information about Gustav Nyquist's conditioning which leads you to believe that while most other lightweight NHLers are made of steel, he's somehow a cupcake?

Let me guess, you've watched some of his highlight videos?

Guest The Axe

As usual this is absurd. Jiri Hudler played 76,81,82, 73, and 81 games his last 5 NHL season respectively. Are we to understand that his 175 lbs. are somehow a different "kind of lbs" than Nyquist as well? What about Marty St. Louis? Or are you somehow privy to information about Gustav Nyquist's conditioning which leads you to believe that while most other lightweight NHLers are made of steel, he's somehow a cupcake?

Let me guess, you've watched some of his highlight videos?

Unlike Hudler, Samuelsson, and a lot of the others, this kid actually likes to go to the scoring areas. He needs more size.

Unlike Hudler, Samuelsson, and a lot of the others, this kid actually likes to go to the scoring areas. He needs more size.

Nyquist was hurt "along the boards". Last time I checked, that's not a scoring area unless Garth Snow is in net.

Edited by rick zombo

Not sure how much you've seen Nyquist play, but he's the closest thing we have to a future Zetterberg, and that's from a huge Z homer. Nyquist is still getting his feet wet...gotta give him a couple years with the Wings to bulk up and he'll make his presence felt. Kronwall was 165 pounds or something absurd like that when he was a rookie.

Guest The Axe

Not sure how much you've seen Nyquist play, but he's the closest thing we have to a future Zetterberg, and that's from a huge Z homer. Nyquist is still getting his feet wet...gotta give him a couple years with the Wings to bulk up and he'll make his presence felt. Kronwall was 165 pounds or something absurd like that when he was a rookie.

Good call. Im not knocking Nyquist. Im just saying he's going to need to add 15 more lbs of muscle if he wants to play in the NHL consistently.

So was Brendan Smith...look at Kronwall and Smith's draft pics, it's pretty funny, they're children. Jarnkrok, Almquist, and probably a few other guys need to pack it on too. That's the disadvantage of picking 27th every year in the draft.

Guest The Axe

So was Brendan Smith...look at Kronwall and Smith's draft pics, it's pretty funny, they're children. Jarnkrok, Almquist, and probably a few other guys need to pack it on too. That's the disadvantage of picking 27th every year in the draft.

They dont lift weights in Sweden until age 20.