• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
luvmnger

Yzerman vs. Sakic

Rate this topic

Sakic was great, but he didn't have to carry a franchise in his prime like Yzerman did.

Also, he didn't have as many 50+ goal seasons as Yzerman. He was never a pure scoring machine like Stevie.

And you're not going to win this argument on some Denver poll. Not the brightest people, especially with all the weed they're going to have now. ;)

Edited by GMRwings1983

I'm usually of the type that, when most other things are equal, the player with the most championships gets the nod. If only the Avs didn't blow the final two games of the 2002 Western finals to Detroit, after taking a 3-2 lead. They would have not only

beaten Detroit for a third straight playoff series and fourth in five meetings since 1996, they almost certainly would have gotten that extra Cup to make the difference in this debate.

Adrian Dater is the new Miss Cleo; he should have his own hotline.

If only he'd started the article with this paragraph, he could've stopped there.

Edited by cusimano_brothers

Guest RedWingsDad

so....daters got a poll rolling and guess who's leading?

hint: its in the denver post.

come on guys...hit em' where it hurts.

stevie got 33% and dater even confesses yzerman's better.

http://www.denverpos...uestid=12363465

Yeah, really! Let's flood their voting and make Yzerman win just for the sheer comedy of it when all the Ave fans are like WTF? lol

http://www.denverpost.com/lunchspecial/ci_21981002/avs-joe-sakic-or-red-wings-steve-yzerman?_requestid=12363465

Edited by RedWingsDad

Guest The Axe

Both awesome indeed but let's be honest Stevie Y was quite a bit better defensively a smige better offensively, and all at the same time so the nudge goes to Stevie in my mind fo sho.

I have a leaning to Stevie too cuz I like the Wings, but im sure avs fans see Joe the same way. Really a good comparison. These 2 guys are as similar as you can find.

Guest The Axe

Sakic class act, great player role model

Y the captain, class act, role model turned this franchise around thanks to Mr. Illitch.

but this discussion should only take place in a non detroit or denver enviroment.

Good call.

Regardless of which player you choose as the better, it's an amazing testament that these two players transcended the amount of hatred emitted by the opposite fanbase, during one of the most heated rivalries in NHL history.

I always despised the Avs with every fiber of my being, but Joe Sakic was class and skill all the way through, and I could never bring myself to hate him. Many Avs fans feel the same way about Stevie.

Regardless of which player you choose as the better, it's an amazing testament that these two players transcended the amount of hatred emitted by the opposite fanbase, during one of the most heated rivalries in NHL history.

I always despised the Avs with every fiber of my being, but Joe Sakic was class and skill all the way through, and I could never bring myself to hate him. Many Avs fans feel the same way about Stevie.

Great point.

I hated the Avs with a passion but couldn't even manage a healthy dislike for Sakic.

Joe was awesome, lethal quick wrist shot and great skater and playmaker. Stevie posted back to back 60 goal seasons (Which hasnt been done very often) and was a better defensive forward as well. Not that Joe was a slouch but Stevie gets the nod by a nose.