• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
puckbags

Sheahan arrested for "superdrunk" driving

Rate this topic

I think it's way funnier to think about Riley driving around pissed loaded in the middle of the night, driving the wrong way, sporting a teletubbys costume (without it being halloween) and passing them Brendan Smiths ID ....Oh my gosh lmao

Edited by 13dangledangle

Guest The Axe

Why dont the pro teams have limos to drive their drunk guys around? .... oh wait. Damn, theres no way to win sometimes.

Oh, and to whom ever brought up "alcoholism", you need to spend less time on your computer and more time at the bar.

Might've been me.

- I've done my fair share of drinking.

- I'm not saying he's necessarily an alcoholic. Just a consideration.

- Agree with the rest of your post.

borrowing ID's is so common, doubt he would've stolen it

For sure. I highly doubt he went behind the guy's back. I just noticed people on Mlive and LGW insinuating that Smith was at fault for allowing Sheahan to use his ID when in reality we do not know whether that was the case. For all we know, Sheahan just assumed Smith would not give a damn about using his ID at the bar. People can hate on Sheahan for being irresponsible regarding his decision to drink and drive, but unless it is printed that Smith did in fact allow him to use his ID, I do not see how it is fair to criticize him.

Guest The Axe

For sure. I highly doubt he went behind the guy's back. I just noticed people on Mlive and LGW insinuating that Smith was at fault for allowing Sheahan to use his ID when in reality we do not know whether that was the case. For all we know, Sheahan just assumed Smith would not give a damn about using his ID at the bar. People can hate on Sheahan for being irresponsible regarding his decision to drink and drive, but unless it is printed that Smith did in fact allow him to use his ID, I do not see how it is fair to criticize him.

Smith did what any fellow would have done. I did this myself when I was younger. The driving part is the individuals responsibility. Not the license donor's.

Luckily, this is how Brendan won't be receiving any punishment but it could hurt Riley even more. Obviously he got the card somehow. They can charge him with "stealing" the card from Brendan if he wants to save his buddies ass. They can charge Brendan for supplying a minor with false identification, and helping a minor indulge in alcohol. Riley could cover and say that Brendan didn't directly give him the ID, but it could possibly hurt him if they really wanted to slap him with a bunch of charges. Luckily, the franchise should have some good lawyers at their disposal or atleast good connections inwhich it won't translate nearly as bad if it had happened to one of us. Internally, the club is probably getting theirs out of Brendan.

Luckily, this is how Brendan won't be receiving any punishment but it could hurt Riley even more. Obviously he got the card somehow. They can charge him with "stealing" the card from Brendan if he wants to save his buddies ass. They can charge Brendan for supplying a minor with false identification, and helping a minor indulge in alcohol. Riley could cover and say that Brendan didn't directly give him the ID, but it could possibly hurt him if they really wanted to slap him with a bunch of charges. Luckily, the franchise should have some good lawyers at their disposal or atleast good connections inwhich it won't translate nearly as bad if it had happened to one of us. Internally, the club is probably getting theirs out of Brendan.

Riley states he took it without Brendan's permission.Smith in turn does not press charges. ID problem solved.

Wow, weird timing on how this thing blew up all of the sudden, ESPN.com has it as one of their 11 "headline" stories on the front page (right below the breaking news that Hope Solo is happy in her marriage).

Guess it's all about an "angle". NHL news rarely makes it on that page for actual game events, but if some unknown prospect gets arrested wearing a Tellytubby costume during a lockout - now that's news!

Wow, weird timing on how this thing blew up all of the sudden, ESPN.com has it as one of their 11 "headline" stories on the front page (right below the breaking news that Hope Solo is happy in her marriage).

Guess it's all about an "angle". NHL news rarely makes it on that page for actual game events, but if some unknown prospect gets arrested wearing a Tellytubby costume during a lockout - now that's news!

That's just society my man. Someone could donate and save some childs life, but still leading on the news will be either, "some drunk dude ran around on pcp and blew off a couples face." It really is the angle that sells and projects an image upon society, unfortunately all that media wants to cover is violence and bad stuff, rarely the good in society.

I read the article that popped up on TSN yesterday and also saw the part where Sheahan was dressed as the purple Teletubby Tinky Winky and just about laughed myself stupid. i think at one point my heart stopped.... As dumb as a decision as he made, at least he has a ridiculous Halloween story to tell the kids and let's be serious, that's funny stuff. If he crashed, he'd have lots of padding :lol:

Guest The Axe

Riley states he took it without Brendan's permission.Smith in turn does not press charges. ID problem solved.

Or the Grand Rapids police department gets 100k from Ilitch to drop it. Problem solved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxVGljvP_3M

Highlight reel time.

All the pieces are coming together, one by one.

Pull your drawers up kid.

"I have busted more hippies' noses than all the narcs in the free world." - Ted Nugent

Chuck Dee - AKA Chris

www.rhinobldg.com

Edited by chuckdee