• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#21 Dabura

Dabura

Cake Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,062 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:24 AM

Stupid. But I'll reserve super-harsh will-someone-please-think-of-the-children judgment. Maybe he has, y'know...*serious issues*. Alcoholism is a disease. But, granted, some people are just plain stupid. I hope that's not the case here - but, like I said, reserving judgment.

"Superdrunk" is probably the best word ever. This much is certain.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#22 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,408 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:29 AM

Riley Sheahan walks into a bar, then says "ouch".

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#23 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,057 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:39 AM

There is absolutely no excuse for driving drunk these days. Call a freakin' cab.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#24 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:02 AM

Posted Image

works every time

#25 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,057 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:24 AM

Posted Image
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#26 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,102 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:17 AM

D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#27 Smite

Smite

Rookie

• Pip
  • 160 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:28 PM

Are we seeing the absence of true leadership. would this of happened with Lids or Stevie over looking?
"When the cast comes off, I ask my doctor, 'Have I recovered so I can play the violin?' The doctor says, 'But of course you can play the violin.' I say, 'Wow, this is great. Before this injury, I could never play violin at all. I must break the other hand so I can play guitar.'" –Pavel Datsuk on breaking his hand

#28 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:45 PM

Some people just can't stand success I guess.

Hell, if I had the opportunity he had, I would be working out and pushing myself to be the best damn hockey player I could. Drinking? Maybe after I turn 21. What a dumbass.

Meh.

I can say that too as an adult and with the "wisdom" that comes with age, but if I am being honest with myself, I would almost assuredly still do stupid s*** occasionally, like all kids do. Additionally, that last part is just silly, like drinking at 20 or whatever is horrible and will destroy your career and/or body, but at 21 it magically won't.

Not to downplay the incident, as drunk driving is stupid as f***, but to all the people talking about alcohism and diseases and whatnot, come on... He got a DUI. I am sure almost all of here that drink have, at some point in our life, driven home from a bar/party/friends house/wedding/whatever after a couple too many. That doesn't automatically make one an alcoholic. It just makes one someone who made a stupid decision while drunk.

Edited by sleepwalker, 14 November 2012 - 04:47 PM.

#29 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:09 PM

Meh.

I can say that too as an adult and with the "wisdom" that comes with age, but if I am being honest with myself, I would almost assuredly still do stupid s*** occasionally, like all kids do. Additionally, that last part is just silly, like drinking at 20 or whatever is horrible and will destroy your career and/or body, but at 21 it magically won't.

Not to downplay the incident, as drunk driving is stupid as f***, but to all the people talking about alcohism and diseases and whatnot, come on... He got a DUI. I am sure almost all of here that drink have, at some point in our life, driven home from a bar/party/friends house/wedding/whatever after a couple too many. That doesn't automatically make one an alcoholic. It just makes one someone who made a stupid decision while drunk.

I agree with you 100%.

Are we seeing the absence of true leadership. would this of happened with Lids or Stevie over looking?

Bob Probert was a cocaine addict under Stevie's true leadership. And I recall Chelios getting a DUI under Nick's true leadership. Come on. The individuals who are at fault take responsibility for their own actions.

#30 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,748 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:31 PM

See: McCarty, Darren or Probert, Bob.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#31 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,549 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:00 AM

See: McCarty, Darren or Probert, Bob.

Exactly. And they played directly under Yzerman’s captaincy. Since when is the captain of the NHL club responsible for barely-sophomore behaviour on the farm?
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#32 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,748 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:26 AM

Exactly. And they played directly under Yzerman’s captaincy. Since when is the captain of the NHL club responsible for barely-sophomore behaviour on the farm?

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

#33 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,549 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:35 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh2sWSVRrmo

Ha. Anyway, to add to my point, this would be like blaming Z, Kronwall, and Datsyuk for Pulkkinen’s suckiness this season (not to make light of a DUI charge by comparison).
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#34 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:07 AM

http://cdn.nhl.com/r...8/klima_apr.jpg

#35 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe! Z Jr. ~ Acting Captain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,013 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:11 AM

We don't even have a captain currently, and our expected captain is in Switzerland. Lets blame Mike Babcock this time. The coach is supposed to tell the boys not to drink and drive in the off-season. I guess this offseason just went a little too long for some to hold out on a little stupidity.

This offseason will determine whether Ken Holland should still be employed with the Wings organization.

Please put Smith on the Power Play!

#36 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,360 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:41 AM

There is no excuse for this. He knows better. It suck because he is a wings player and I want to defend him, but in this case I really can't. Its one thing to put yourself in danger while abusing substances (thats more of a personal choice) but drunk driving puts anyone and everyone on the streets around you in danger. We are all quick to rip on Pat Kane for getting too drunk with high school friends, this is a lot worse. This is the beginning of Riley's career, lets hope that this isn't a sign of things to come...

#37 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,748 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:08 PM

There is no excuse for this. He knows better. It suck because he is a wings player and I want to defend him, but in this case I really can't. Its one thing to put yourself in danger while abusing substances (thats more of a personal choice) but drunk driving puts anyone and everyone on the streets around you in danger. We are all quick to rip on Pat Kane for getting too drunk with high school friends, this is a lot worse. This is the beginning of Riley's career, lets hope that this isn't a sign of things to come...

No "we" weren't. Speak for yourself. Drinking and driving is bad, But people f*** up, learn their lesson, and move on all the time. Hopefully this kid will too. If not, then he actually has a problem, rather than just being a dumbass kid (which is what I'll assume he, and Kane, are until they grow up or do something really bad).

Edited by kipwinger, 15 November 2012 - 12:09 PM.

#38 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,408 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:08 PM

He's twenty years old. With a little bit of luck, he'll make twenty-one.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#39 PROBIE4PREZ

PROBIE4PREZ

In Holland I trust.

• PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:29 PM

He might have gotten away with it had he not been driving the wrong way on a 1 way street in downtown Grand Rapids. Hahah. Caught the story on the local news.
"I mean, the best thing for my knee, for anyone's knee, is to never play again and retire. But I'm not going to do that." o-captain my captain

#40 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:35 PM

He might have gotten away with it had he not been driving the wrong way on a 1 way street in downtown Grand Rapids. Hahah. Caught the story on the local news.

Cops tend to frown on wrong way driving.