• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Motown4013

Has your opinion of kenny changed?

Rate this topic

If you can't even give back some actual feedback, or atleast add some actual credibility to your comments, I find no use in supplying you with actual knowledge. You're like talking to a wall, that responds in the form of a 5 year old.

He's too busy working as a cast member on the new Hobbit movie to supply actual information

Just type in "tootoo benched". Nuff said

And that had nothing to do with Nashville having to juggle spots for 15 forwards during the post season while once Helmer went down, the Wings had all of 12? It's called options. The Preds had an abundance of NHL caliber forwards they could move back & forth out of their lineup in the playoffs, where the Wings didn't. If Helm doesn't get injured, odds are Cory sits.

Let's look at it from a total ice time per game standpoint shall we? Emmerton averaged 5:10 per game in the 2012 playoffs & Tootoo had 7:46. That 5:10 for Emmerton was the lowest on the Wings with the next lowest being Nyquist at 8:51 & Homer at 9:48. And if you want to look at the regular season, which is a much better sample size btw, Cory averaged 8:06 a game to Tootoo's 13:09. No other regular on the Wings had less ice time per game then Emmerton unless you want to count Mursak when he came back from injury as a regular. Actually, no other regular was in single digits. Of the call ups, even Brunnstrom & Conner were given more time on the ice per game then Cory. With the abundance of forwards the Wings have now, even without assuming Nyquist will be up full time & the possible return of Eaves, there are better options out there than to have Cory play 8 minutes a night for another season. The only way Cory cracks the Wings lineup this year is if Kenny pulls off a trade & the Wings lose a couple of forwards.

Tootoo got benched. Emmerton played. Nuff said.

No...thats a terrible arguement and completely erroneous. What one player did in one series for ANOTHER team is irrelevant to what a player on THIS team in this series. We assume he was benched..... but he could have had an injury or a hundred other things. Do you really believe if Helm or Eaves were healthy, Emmerton sees icetime? LOL

Arguing with someone like you is pointless because AGAIN ( pushing the echo button) We, the fans have no idea why tootoo wasnt on the ice and its like comparing appes and banana.

Tootoo is a BETTER player than Emmerton, every single day

Nuff said

Edited by Motown4013

My opinion of Kenny has indeed change...usually he comes up with excuse after excuse and his over usage of the term "kicked the tires" and "we need to get bigger" followed up by not getting anyone and drafting small euro's was enough for me to punch the monitor more than once every trade deadline/draft day/UFA season....

....BUT

This season, starting on draft day:

Martin Frk - 6'0 193lbs

Andreas Anthanasiou - 6'0 179lbs

Mike McKee - 6'4 232lbs

James DeHaas - 6'2 193lbs

Rasmus Bodin - 6'6 207lbs

...and these are all kids! They will grow AND gain weight!

UFA:

Was deep in the hunt for and offered the same if not very similar contracts to Justin Shultz, Ryan Suter, Zach Parise and while waiting he addressed needs up front like grit, Tootoo, better scoring and defensive play in Sammy, signed the real deal back up in Gustavsson, locked up Helm and Abby for years. He solidified the #6 defense spot with Colaiacovo along with taking a gamble on Quincey and a European phenom in Brunner....he was on the final lists for a lot of players including Suter, Semin & Doan...he offered contracts to all of them. He had a verbal agreement with Suter only to be nixed by Suter's family, a decision Suter will soon regret, if not already. He FINALLY got off the Hudler merry go round and cut ties with him...PLUS he was in deep in trade talks for Bobby Ryan, Keith Yandle and Rick Nash.

I'd say ya, my opionion change, for once in a long time I wanted to punch the UFA's for choosing somewhere else instead of punching Holland for not doing anything...now all he needs to do is admit he made a mistake signing Franzen and letting Hossa walk and all will be right in the world! (of course with the exception of this lockout debacle...)

Holland made me proud to be a Wings fan this summer (as if I wasnt already) and with the prospects coming up, along with that draft class, things look great! I hope he gets Dan DeKeyser under contract to spring and I still wish he had gotten Jeremy Welsh (oh well.) But my opinion is MUCH MUCH better than it has been the last few seasons!

No...thats a terrible arguement and completely erroneous. What one player did in one series for ANOTHER team is irrelevant to what a player on THIS team in this series. We assume he was benched..... but he could have had an injury or a hundred other things. Do you really believe if Helm or Eaves were healthy, Emmerton sees icetime? LOL

Arguing with someone like you is pointless because AGAIN ( pushing the echo button) We, the fans have no idea why tootoo wasnt on the ice and its like comparing appes and banana.

Tootoo is a BETTER player than Emmerton, every single day

Nuff said

Not only is Tootoo a better player than Emmy....he is the best thing we have had to an enforcer since Aaron Downey.

Sammy is bette than Hudler.....Brunner will be great....Tootoo is better than Emmy...unfortunately two guys have to go and those two will come from these four: Emmerton, Mursak, Miller, Eaves. I see Emmerton and Mursak bringing more in return in the form of draft picks than Miller/Eaves and with the plethora of young BETTER talent in the wings, Mursak and Emmerton are VERY expendable... Yes, for a season, the Wings get a tad older, but they get much better...Way to go Holland!

Guest The Axe

Emmerton has way more upside due to speed. Tootoo got paid, so he must do something right, as well.

Guest The Axe

Hmm - I wonder if the acquisition of the Kostitsyn bros, and the return of Radulov had anything to do with Tootoo sitting on the pine?

EDIT - can toss Paul Gaustad in as well...

Cory E. Doesnt need excuses. Nor does he like them. Holland will keep him on board.

I honestly can't believe we're seriously having a discussion about whether Tootoo is a better player than Emmerton. I'm not sure how anyone in their right mind would say Emmerton is a better player.

Tootoo scored 30 points last year, hits like a truck, and is a solid fighter. Emmerton scored 10 points last year, is deathly afraid of hitting anything, and has his gloves glued to his hands.

How is this even an argument? "Tootoo got benched last year in the playoffs." That might have something to do with the Kostitsyn sisters, Paul Gaustad and the return of Radulov.

I'm standing by Kenny on this one.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Cory E. Doesnt need excuses. Nor does he like them. Holland will keep him on board.

Who is Emmerton going to dress over if everyone is healthy? The Red Wings already have a glut at forward and he's the least valuable player of the bunch. If Abby is going to center the 4th line as anticipated, there goes the one asset Emmerton had which got him on the ice.

Besides, I don't want some marginally skilled player to waste 4th line minutes. We finally have guys on the team that actually serve the typical purpose of a 4th line. Provide energy, play physical, forecheck hard and wear on the other team's defense. That alone makes Tootoo infinitely more valuable in that role than Emmerton.

Guest The Axe

Who is Emmerton going to dress over if everyone is healthy? The Red Wings already have a glut at forward and he's the least valuable player of the bunch. If Abby is going to center the 4th line as anticipated, there goes the one asset Emmerton had which got him on the ice.

Besides, I don't want some marginally skilled player to waste 4th line minutes. We finally have guys on the team that actually serve the typical purpose of a 4th line. Provide energy, play physical, forecheck hard and wear on the other team's defense. That alone makes Tootoo infinitely more valuable in that role than Emmerton.

If Tootoo gets benched, what good is he?

*Jordin Tootoo-30 points in 77 games. Hits like a truck. Solid fighter.

*Justin Abdelkader-22 points in 81 games. Plays fairly physical. Fights, although he's not good at it.

*Drew Miller-25 points in 80 games. Not very physical, but he's a big part of our PK unit.

*Cory Emmerton-10 points in 71 games. Pretty fast, but not physical at all.

Hmm. Who should go?

If Tootoo gets benched, what good is he?

You seem to be completely ignoring the point constantly brought up in rebuttal -- the context of the situations. When Helm was injured in the playoff series, what other choice did the Red Wings have to center the 4th line? Riley Sheahan with one game of NHL experience? Emmerton played because he was the best of very limited options. That isn't going to be the case with the depth the Red Wings have at forward now.

The getting benched angle is pretty silly. Tootoo has a proven track record of being an effective 4th liner.

EDIT: Miller-Abby-Tootoo is a sick 4th line, by the way. They will be fun to watch next October.

Edited by GoWings1905

*Jordin Tootoo-30 points in 77 games. Hits like a truck. Solid fighter.

*Justin Abdelkader-22 points in 81 games. Plays fairly physical. Fights, although he's not good at it.

*Drew Miller-25 points in 80 games. Not very physical, but he's a big part of our PK unit.

*Cory Emmerton-10 points in 71 games. Pretty fast, but not physical at all.

Hmm. Who should go?

Emmerton because he's below replacement level in most categories. And Abdelkader because his favorite hobbies are taking stupid penalties in the playoff, and disappearing in the third period/OT.

Tatar is better than Emmerton, like others have stated, if it was not a risk to send him to the minors Emmerton would already be there, ala Ritola.

Ritola, btw, career gp43 g4 a5 p9 and as of November 9, 2011 no longer plays in the NHL compared to...

Emmerton career gp73 g7 a4 p14, meaning it takes Emmerton 5.2 game/point vs Ritola 4.7 game/point.

Tootoo is on 3.8 game/point, playing his entire career with Nashville, a team that produced more goals than Detroit 1 time (06-07) in his career.

Goals Det Nash

03-04 255 216

05-06 301 253

06-07* 252 266

07-08 252 227

08-09 289 207

09-10 223 217

10-11 257 213

11-12 239 232

Emmerton makes a good black ace.

Tootoo is a good 4th liner and a top of the league agitator.

Not to mention at all the differences in each others hitting game.

Guest The Axe

I imagine Axe is laughing his buns off right now, buns that must be quite large by now, what with all the people feeding him on this topic

Just more of a fan of speed. Give Emmerton Hudlers minutes and linemates, and he will produce.

As far as I'm concerned, we should have a big bearded thug playing on the 4th line, ahead of either Emmerton or any AHL'ers whose names I can't pronounce.

How many times do I have to tell you, the Wings increasingly anemic powerplay is their enforcer.

Guest Johnz96

Tatar is better than Emmerton, like others have stated, if it was not a risk to send him to the minors Emmerton would already be there, ala Ritola.

Ritola, btw, career gp43 g4 a5 p9 and as of November 9, 2011 no longer plays in the NHL compared to...

Emmerton career gp73 g7 a4 p14, meaning it takes Emmerton 5.2 game/point vs Ritola 4.7 game/point.

Tootoo is on 3.8 game/point, playing his entire career with Nashville, a team that produced more goals than Detroit 1 time (06-07) in his career.

Goals Det Nash

03-04 255 216

05-06 301 253

06-07* 252 266

07-08 252 227

08-09 289 207

09-10 223 217

10-11 257 213

11-12 239 232

Emmerton makes a good black ace.

Tootoo is a good 4th liner and a top of the league agitator.

Not to mention at all the differences in each others hitting game.

Tootoo gets more ice time than Emmerton. Tootoo had 1013 minutes of ice time last year and Emmerton only had 533, of course Tootoo is going to score more.

That being said Tootoo brings a physical element to the table that Emmerton does not.

Edited by Johnz96

Well, there's no telling what our powerplay will look like in 2014.

Actually just look at the ex-Wings that will be available and make lines accordingly.

Tootoo gets more ice time than Emmerton. Tootoo had 1013 minutes of ice time last year and Emmerton only had 533, of course Tootoo is going to score more.

That being said Tootoo brings a physical element to the table that Emmerton does not.

I'm beyond believing that this isn't a grasp at trolling folks on this board into arguments (which surprisingly is working quite effectively), so my response is geared more towards the individuals who actually believe that points per time on ice is an effective means of comparison between players, and not so much the person I'm quoting, or The Axe. This argument pops up pretty regularly as to why players who play alongside Datsyuk and Zetterberg who score X points/TOI should be replaced by fourth liners who score >X points/TOI.

In short, the whole notion is bulls*** and fails to consider quality of opposition, what style of play the individual is most effective at, and what the team's needs are. Emmerton lacks the skill-set to play against the quality of opposition that Tootoo is often against. Put Emmerton on the third line or second line, and watch the line crumble and everyone's stats suffer as a result. Hudler is also not a 1st line player, despite countless arguments using primarily his points/TOI that have surfaced on this forum. He doesn't have the muscle to be effective in the trenches that you need against top-pairing defensmen. He doesn't have the speed to outmaneuver the opposition's best. Put him on a top line, and again, watch the entire line suffer. I read folks' attempts to use this as a legitimate argument (as opposed to a shameless trolling) so many times each season, and every time it makes me shake my head.

Edited by Echolalia