• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#101 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:59 PM

Lol....you say you like Emmerton but Tootoo is a scrub? We will see, five games in when Tootoo absolutely demolishes someone like Thornton or Perry when they go after Datsyuk. No one....I mean NO ONE thinks Emmerton is a more valuable piece on this team that Tootoo. His mother doesn't even think that. You can hate 22 all you want be he adds a dimension to this team that we havent had since Downey left.
Emmerton love but Bert, Sammy Tootoo, Monster and Q are all scrubs. Ok friend!

Tootoo got benched. Emmerton played. Nuff said.

#102 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:40 AM

Jordin Tootoo;

Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM +/- GP G A Pts PIM
2011-12 Nashville Predators NHL 77 6 24 30 92 -5 3 0 0 0 4

Cory Emmerton;

Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM +/- GP G A Pts
PIM

2011-12 Detroit Red Wings NHL 71 6 4 10 14 1 5 1 0 1 2

First thing I see when I look at this, wow look at that they play for two completely different teams. This apparently went far over your head, as you tried comparing and making an argument that concerned two different franchises, two different rosters, and two different general managers and coaches. Somehow, you think you can argue if one player doesn't play for one roster.. he magically automatically couldn't play for another roster. I'm not even sure what the hell you were trying to get across there, but it was plain dumb. Now, back to this point you were trying to get across? I see 71 games played from the next all-star formerly known as Dany Heatly... I mean Cory Emmerton with a productive season gaining 10 points (6G/4A). Now, I look at Mr.Tootoo whom apparently shouldn't have any recorded stats because he didn't play for the Nashville Predators. He has in a recorded 77 games, a productive point total of 30 points (6G/24A). Well my friend, i'm certainly not a resident expert of math, nor do I wish to be one, but I sure as hell know that Mr.Tootoo dished over 20 more assist than Mr.Emmerton and got the same amount of goals. So somehow, we require yet again another left handed shot, a basic 4th liner whom would've went down to the minors if it wasn't for losing him to waivers, because he "does his role." I'm sorry, but I just can't see how you could ever argue Emmerton's worth over Tootoo's at this point and time in the franchise. We need a rough and tough banger, we need more right handed shots, we don't NEED more passers but he can bring more than Emmerton can, and we need someone who will stink eye someone if they try and pull some s*** with our top 6. Maybe Emmerton will develop into something... but he's already 24 and showing no drastic worth. In forward terms, he should be in his prime or damn near it.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#103 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:56 PM

Jordin Tootoo;

Cory Emmerton;

First thing I see when I look at this, wow look at that they play for two completely different teams. This apparently went far over your head, as you tried comparing and making an argument that concerned two different franchises, two different rosters, and two different general managers and coaches. Somehow, you think you can argue if one player doesn't play for one roster.. he magically automatically couldn't play for another roster. I'm not even sure what the hell you were trying to get across there, but it was plain dumb. Now, back to this point you were trying to get across? I see 71 games played from the next all-star formerly known as Dany Heatly... I mean Cory Emmerton with a productive season gaining 10 points (6G/4A). Now, I look at Mr.Tootoo whom apparently shouldn't have any recorded stats because he didn't play for the Nashville Predators. He has in a recorded 77 games, a productive point total of 30 points (6G/24A). Well my friend, i'm certainly not a resident expert of math, nor do I wish to be one, but I sure as hell know that Mr.Tootoo dished over 20 more assist than Mr.Emmerton and got the same amount of goals. So somehow, we require yet again another left handed shot, a basic 4th liner whom would've went down to the minors if it wasn't for losing him to waivers, because he "does his role." I'm sorry, but I just can't see how you could ever argue Emmerton's worth over Tootoo's at this point and time in the franchise. We need a rough and tough banger, we need more right handed shots, we don't NEED more passers but he can bring more than Emmerton can, and we need someone who will stink eye someone if they try and pull some s*** with our top 6. Maybe Emmerton will develop into something... but he's already 24 and showing no drastic worth. In forward terms, he should be in his prime or damn near it.

Just type in "tootoo benched". Nuff said

#104 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:10 AM

If you can't even give back some actual feedback, or atleast add some actual credibility to your comments, I find no use in supplying you with actual knowledge. You're like talking to a wall, that responds in the form of a 5 year old.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#105 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,437 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:14 PM

If you can't even give back some actual feedback, or atleast add some actual credibility to your comments, I find no use in supplying you with actual knowledge. You're like talking to a wall, that responds in the form of a 5 year old.

He's too busy working as a cast member on the new Hobbit movie to supply actual information

#106 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

And that had nothing to do with Nashville having to juggle spots for 15 forwards during the post season while once Helmer went down, the Wings had all of 12? It's called options. The Preds had an abundance of NHL caliber forwards they could move back & forth out of their lineup in the playoffs, where the Wings didn't. If Helm doesn't get injured, odds are Cory sits.

Let's look at it from a total ice time per game standpoint shall we? Emmerton averaged 5:10 per game in the 2012 playoffs & Tootoo had 7:46. That 5:10 for Emmerton was the lowest on the Wings with the next lowest being Nyquist at 8:51 & Homer at 9:48. And if you want to look at the regular season, which is a much better sample size btw, Cory averaged 8:06 a game to Tootoo's 13:09. No other regular on the Wings had less ice time per game then Emmerton unless you want to count Mursak when he came back from injury as a regular. Actually, no other regular was in single digits. Of the call ups, even Brunnstrom & Conner were given more time on the ice per game then Cory. With the abundance of forwards the Wings have now, even without assuming Nyquist will be up full time & the possible return of Eaves, there are better options out there than to have Cory play 8 minutes a night for another season. The only way Cory cracks the Wings lineup this year is if Kenny pulls off a trade & the Wings lose a couple of forwards.

#107 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:34 PM

No...thats a terrible arguement and completely erroneous. What one player did in one series for ANOTHER team is irrelevant to what a player on THIS team in this series. We assume he was benched..... but he could have had an injury or a hundred other things. Do you really believe if Helm or Eaves were healthy, Emmerton sees icetime? LOL

Arguing with someone like you is pointless because AGAIN ( pushing the echo button) We, the fans have no idea why tootoo wasnt on the ice and its like comparing appes and banana.

Tootoo is a BETTER player than Emmerton, every single day
Nuff said

Edited by Motown4013, 06 December 2012 - 01:37 PM.

Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#108 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,612 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:05 PM

My opinion of Kenny has indeed change...usually he comes up with excuse after excuse and his over usage of the term "kicked the tires" and "we need to get bigger" followed up by not getting anyone and drafting small euro's was enough for me to punch the monitor more than once every trade deadline/draft day/UFA season....

....BUT

This season, starting on draft day:

Martin Frk - 6'0 193lbs

Andreas Anthanasiou - 6'0 179lbs

Mike McKee - 6'4 232lbs

James DeHaas - 6'2 193lbs

Rasmus Bodin - 6'6 207lbs

...and these are all kids! They will grow AND gain weight!

UFA:

Was deep in the hunt for and offered the same if not very similar contracts to Justin Shultz, Ryan Suter, Zach Parise and while waiting he addressed needs up front like grit, Tootoo, better scoring and defensive play in Sammy, signed the real deal back up in Gustavsson, locked up Helm and Abby for years. He solidified the #6 defense spot with Colaiacovo along with taking a gamble on Quincey and a European phenom in Brunner....he was on the final lists for a lot of players including Suter, Semin & Doan...he offered contracts to all of them. He had a verbal agreement with Suter only to be nixed by Suter's family, a decision Suter will soon regret, if not already. He FINALLY got off the Hudler merry go round and cut ties with him...PLUS he was in deep in trade talks for Bobby Ryan, Keith Yandle and Rick Nash.

I'd say ya, my opionion change, for once in a long time I wanted to punch the UFA's for choosing somewhere else instead of punching Holland for not doing anything...now all he needs to do is admit he made a mistake signing Franzen and letting Hossa walk and all will be right in the world! (of course with the exception of this lockout debacle...)

Holland made me proud to be a Wings fan this summer (as if I wasnt already) and with the prospects coming up, along with that draft class, things look great! I hope he gets Dan DeKeyser under contract to spring and I still wish he had gotten Jeremy Welsh (oh well.) But my opinion is MUCH MUCH better than it has been the last few seasons!

No...thats a terrible arguement and completely erroneous. What one player did in one series for ANOTHER team is irrelevant to what a player on THIS team in this series. We assume he was benched..... but he could have had an injury or a hundred other things. Do you really believe if Helm or Eaves were healthy, Emmerton sees icetime? LOL

Arguing with someone like you is pointless because AGAIN ( pushing the echo button) We, the fans have no idea why tootoo wasnt on the ice and its like comparing appes and banana.

Tootoo is a BETTER player than Emmerton, every single day
Nuff said

Not only is Tootoo a better player than Emmy....he is the best thing we have had to an enforcer since Aaron Downey.

Sammy is bette than Hudler.....Brunner will be great....Tootoo is better than Emmy...unfortunately two guys have to go and those two will come from these four: Emmerton, Mursak, Miller, Eaves. I see Emmerton and Mursak bringing more in return in the form of draft picks than Miller/Eaves and with the plethora of young BETTER talent in the wings, Mursak and Emmerton are VERY expendable... Yes, for a season, the Wings get a tad older, but they get much better...Way to go Holland!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#109 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,241 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

Honestly, why dress Tootoo against the Red Wings in the playoffs?

Not like anyone is going to fight him back.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#110 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

Emmerton has way more upside due to speed. Tootoo got paid, so he must do something right, as well.

#111 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,525 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

Emmerton has way more upside due to speed. Tootoo got paid, so he must do something right, as well.

:blink:

Folks in Toronto felt Larry Murphy was a washed-up joke.....

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#112 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,525 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

Hmm - I wonder if the acquisition of the Kostitsyn bros, and the return of Radulov had anything to do with Tootoo sitting on the pine?

EDIT - can toss Paul Gaustad in as well...

Edited by F.Michael, 06 December 2012 - 07:03 PM.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#113 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

Hmm - I wonder if the acquisition of the Kostitsyn bros, and the return of Radulov had anything to do with Tootoo sitting on the pine?

EDIT - can toss Paul Gaustad in as well...

Cory E. Doesnt need excuses. Nor does he like them. Holland will keep him on board.

#114 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

I honestly can't believe we're seriously having a discussion about whether Tootoo is a better player than Emmerton. I'm not sure how anyone in their right mind would say Emmerton is a better player.

Tootoo scored 30 points last year, hits like a truck, and is a solid fighter. Emmerton scored 10 points last year, is deathly afraid of hitting anything, and has his gloves glued to his hands.

How is this even an argument? "Tootoo got benched last year in the playoffs." That might have something to do with the Kostitsyn sisters, Paul Gaustad and the return of Radulov.

I'm standing by Kenny on this one.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros, 07 December 2012 - 01:12 AM.

"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#115 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,241 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:36 PM

Cory E. Doesnt need excuses. Nor does he like them. Holland will keep him on board.

Who is Emmerton going to dress over if everyone is healthy? The Red Wings already have a glut at forward and he's the least valuable player of the bunch. If Abby is going to center the 4th line as anticipated, there goes the one asset Emmerton had which got him on the ice.

Besides, I don't want some marginally skilled player to waste 4th line minutes. We finally have guys on the team that actually serve the typical purpose of a 4th line. Provide energy, play physical, forecheck hard and wear on the other team's defense. That alone makes Tootoo infinitely more valuable in that role than Emmerton.

#116 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:45 PM

Who is Emmerton going to dress over if everyone is healthy? The Red Wings already have a glut at forward and he's the least valuable player of the bunch. If Abby is going to center the 4th line as anticipated, there goes the one asset Emmerton had which got him on the ice.

Besides, I don't want some marginally skilled player to waste 4th line minutes. We finally have guys on the team that actually serve the typical purpose of a 4th line. Provide energy, play physical, forecheck hard and wear on the other team's defense. That alone makes Tootoo infinitely more valuable in that role than Emmerton.

If Tootoo gets benched, what good is he?

#117 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

*Jordin Tootoo-30 points in 77 games. Hits like a truck. Solid fighter.
*Justin Abdelkader-22 points in 81 games. Plays fairly physical. Fights, although he's not good at it.
*Drew Miller-25 points in 80 games. Not very physical, but he's a big part of our PK unit.
*Cory Emmerton-10 points in 71 games. Pretty fast, but not physical at all.

Hmm. Who should go?
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#118 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,241 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

If Tootoo gets benched, what good is he?

You seem to be completely ignoring the point constantly brought up in rebuttal -- the context of the situations. When Helm was injured in the playoff series, what other choice did the Red Wings have to center the 4th line? Riley Sheahan with one game of NHL experience? Emmerton played because he was the best of very limited options. That isn't going to be the case with the depth the Red Wings have at forward now.

The getting benched angle is pretty silly. Tootoo has a proven track record of being an effective 4th liner.

EDIT: Miller-Abby-Tootoo is a sick 4th line, by the way. They will be fun to watch next October.

Edited by GoWings1905, 07 December 2012 - 07:23 PM.

#119 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,437 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

I imagine Axe is laughing his buns off right now, buns that must be quite large by now, what with all the people feeding him on this topic

#120 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

*Jordin Tootoo-30 points in 77 games. Hits like a truck. Solid fighter.
*Justin Abdelkader-22 points in 81 games. Plays fairly physical. Fights, although he's not good at it.
*Drew Miller-25 points in 80 games. Not very physical, but he's a big part of our PK unit.
*Cory Emmerton-10 points in 71 games. Pretty fast, but not physical at all.

Hmm. Who should go?

Emmerton because he's below replacement level in most categories. And Abdelkader because his favorite hobbies are taking stupid penalties in the playoff, and disappearing in the third period/OT.
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt