• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

Unlike all the red wings players who are constantly looking to beat up the toughest enforcers.

There's a huge difference there, friend. Backes runs his mouth an awful lot and backs down from legitimate scrappers, and only fights guys he is sure he can knock around. Do you see guys like Zetterberg, Franzen, Datsyuk, etc running their mouths at all? Fighting anyone at all? No. On the other hand, Backes will chirp everyone, but will only go with a select few.

This thread needs a lot more Torres.

Torres-Kesler-Burrows
D. Sedin-H. Sedin - Lapierre
Tootoo-Kane-Clowe
Kopecky-Thornton-Carcillo

Jackman-Subban
Weber-Orpik
Lebda-Bieksa

Smith
Luongo

(lineup listed in terms of level of hate, not icetime or ability)

It's crazy how many d-bags vancouver has on their team.

Your entire top 6 is former or present Canucks :lol:

Any chance Tootoo impresses and he is taken off your list of hated players? Or is he set in stone?
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#22 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:51 PM

Entire 2011 San Jose Sharks roster

bringit.jpg

#23 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,874 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

Your entire top 6 is former or present Canucks :lol:

Any chance Tootoo impresses and he is taken off your list of hated players? Or is he set in stone?

:lol: I didn't even notice that as I was making the list. No wonder I hate that team the last few seasons (they used to be one of my favorites some years ago).

No, no player is really set in stone on that list, hence my not including Cooke. A couple seasons ago he would've been at the top. Though honestly he still probably deserves to be on there for his numerous sins, reformed player or not.

If Tootoo would actually square up and not suckerpunch guys, and keep his skates on the ice more when he hit, he'd be off my list. If he could manage to be somewhat responsible defensively, I might actually like him as a player. :P

#24 martinezsvsu

martinezsvsu

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:37 AM

matt cooke will never ever leave my list.

#25 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:22 AM

:lol: I didn't even notice that as I was making the list. No wonder I hate that team the last few seasons (they used to be one of my favorites some years ago).

No, no player is really set in stone on that list, hence my not including Cooke. A couple seasons ago he would've been at the top. Though honestly he still probably deserves to be on there for his numerous sins, reformed player or not.

If Tootoo would actually square up and not suckerpunch guys, and keep his skates on the ice more when he hit, he'd be off my list. If he could manage to be somewhat responsible defensively, I might actually like him as a player. :P

You know...the Vancouver ****** bags has a ring to it if they are looking to mix it up. it fits!
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#26 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:35 AM

Talbot. Crosby COREY PERRY
Clowe. Thornton. Couture
Kesler. Bill Maher. St. Louis Cardinals
Obama. Brian Burke. Kane

Weber. Blackhawk Fans
Leaf fans. Bieksa
Wisniewski. New York Yankees
Iran

Luongo
Fleury

I can hardly make a whole team of hockey players anymore. Normally to really dislike guys, you have to have a rivalry with them, they have to be pretty good, or they just have to be arrogant. For the latter...just insert the Canucks or Sharks. Otherwise, I think I just don't care enough anymore to really be bothered by most guys.

All time...

Guys I couldn't stand because they were so good...Forsberg, Roy
because of arrogance...Roy, Lemieux, 2010-12 Vancouver Canucks
because they way they play...Marchment, Lemieux, Roy, Thornton, Crosby, Pronger
because I can't stand to see their face lol...Ricci, Couture, Crosby,

All baseball team:

Cruz. Trout. Swisher
Jeter. Cano
Sandoval. Konerko
Pierzenski
Inge

Weaver
Chen
Holland
---------
Nathan
Motte

Edited by achildr1, 26 November 2012 - 11:49 AM.

#27 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:07 PM

Unlike all the red wings players who are constantly looking to beat up the toughest enforcers.

Exactly. I love the Wings but if I were the fan of another team...Franzen and Kronwall, before he learned how to stay on his feat, would have made my team. On the other hand, I bet Bert would go with anybody given the right situation.

#28 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,874 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:37 PM

matt cooke will never ever leave my list.

I can understand that. He probably has earned himself a lifetime position in that lineup for all the severe cheapshots he's pulled.

#29 number9

number9

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,204 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:33 AM

Hossa - Crosby - Perry
Burrows - Thornton - Kane
Kunitz - Legwand - Lemieux (Claude)
Boll - Cooke - Dorsett

Pronger - Blake
Jovanovski - Orpik
Mitchell - Allen

Roy
Luongo

naturally a great team lol

#30 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,569 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:10 PM

I don't really have the inclination to hate other players, seems like a waste of the time I could be devoting to the Wings awesomeness. That said, I usually get irritated with guys who screw with our players. So...

Perry, for fighting Datsyuk (to a draw haha).
Clowe, for calling out Kronwall (and then getting what he asked for).
Pronger, for fighting Cleary and illegally hitting Homer in the playoffs.
Kesler and Selanne, for not taking their hits like men (e.g. the way Jakub Voracek did).

I can't really think of more at the minute, but if you're not a Wings player or you haven't screwed with one, then you're pretty much not even on my radar.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#31 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:59 PM

Hossa - Crosby - Perry
Burrows - Thornton - Kane
Kunitz - Legwand - Lemieux (Claude)
Boll - Cooke - Dorsett

Pronger - Blake
Jovanovski - Orpik
Mitchell - Allen

Roy
Luongo

naturally a great team lol

You hate Jared Boll and Derek Dorsett? I'd love if they played for Detroit.

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#32 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

Team # 1 : HABS

Team # 2 : AVS

Team # 3 : Blues

Team # 4 : Hawks

Team # 5 : Preds

Team # 6 : Jackets
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#33 number9

number9

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,204 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

You hate Jared Boll and Derek Dorsett? I'd love if they played for Detroit.

I'd love half those players if they played for detroit lol

#34 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:19 PM

I'd love half those players if they played for detroit lol

Of the players you listed, I'd take Boll, Dorsett, Jovanovski, Mitchell, and Allen on the Wings. Screw the rest. I'm not a huge fan of either Mitchell or Allen, but I don't hate them.

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#35 martinezsvsu

martinezsvsu

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:06 AM

add setoguchi to my list, he always scored against us

#36 Wing Across The Pond

Wing Across The Pond

Gabriel's Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 744 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:27 AM

Might be unpopular to say so, but I don't hate Crosby... maybe a few years ago but not so much now. Think the guy has calmed down a bit since his head got knocked around. He passes for me. Plus he has the level of skill that I can't really hate him for any reason other than not being on my team, but that's like any star player. However...

Ovie, Thornton, Kesler, James Neal for charging and leaving his feet on Sean Couturier last year, Ribeiro, Torres, Chara, Kane, Clowe, Thornton, Boston. And yes, I know Thornton is in there twice, they're both Joe, because I hate him.

Can't think who else off the top of my head. Weird seeing half these lists and thinking, 'what? I like that guy!' such as Iginla, Perry, Getzlaf (basically I don't mind the Ducks anymore) but I guess it's all just opinion really.

There's a huge difference there, friend. Backes runs his mouth an awful lot and backs down from legitimate scrappers, and only fights guys he is sure he can knock around. Do you see guys like Zetterberg, Franzen, Datsyuk, etc running their mouths at all? Fighting anyone at all? No. On the other hand, Backes will chirp everyone, but will only go with a select few.

Lol to say that Franzen doesn't run his mouth is like saying Lance Armstrong should chair the honesty commission. He's going to become the new Homer and just aggravate people :)

Edited by Wing Across The Pond, 30 November 2012 - 07:27 AM.

Posted Image

Check out my blog -The Heid-Out- a cynical mans take on everyday life

#37 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,874 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:11 AM

Might be unpopular to say so, but I don't hate Crosby... maybe a few years ago but not so much now. Think the guy has calmed down a bit since his head got knocked around. He passes for me. Plus he has the level of skill that I can't really hate him for any reason other than not being on my team, but that's like any star player. However...

Ovie, Thornton, Kesler, James Neal for charging and leaving his feet on Sean Couturier last year, Ribeiro, Torres, Chara, Kane, Clowe, Thornton, Boston. And yes, I know Thornton is in there twice, they're both Joe, because I hate him.

Can't think who else off the top of my head. Weird seeing half these lists and thinking, 'what? I like that guy!' such as Iginla, Perry, Getzlaf (basically I don't mind the Ducks anymore) but I guess it's all just opinion really.

Lol to say that Franzen doesn't run his mouth is like saying Lance Armstrong should chair the honesty commission. He's going to become the new Homer and just aggravate people :)

Agreed. Mule definitely runs his mouth. Sometimes his antagonizing guys is funny, like with Kane and his pacifier.

But then there's the times where Franzen snaps and cheapshots someone too. He hasn't had many, but there's been a few good ones in his career.

#38 Wing Across The Pond

Wing Across The Pond

Gabriel's Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 744 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:40 PM

Agreed. Mule definitely runs his mouth. Sometimes his antagonizing guys is funny, like with Kane and his pacifier.

But then there's the times where Franzen snaps and cheapshots someone too. He hasn't had many, but there's been a few good ones in his career.

Him and Kane was probably the best moment for all of that season. It was a moment where no one would have ever thought about doing it until they were off the ice, or would have actually carried out if they had had the idea. Mule just thought, 'meh, I'll take his mouth guard, that'll teach him a lesson'... :)

Posted Image

Check out my blog -The Heid-Out- a cynical mans take on everyday life