• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
vladdy16

Cobo Joe's FanAid

Rate this topic

I find myself with the teeniest bit of extra cash, so I thought I'd go downtown around the Joe and hand a few bucks to those who are working, or trying to work, during the lockout. If anyone wants to contribute to the effort, you can PayPal me at wingsdiva@gmail.com. I figure bartenders, waitresses and busboys depend almost solely on tips to get by and with no games, there aren't a lot of customers. I haven't figured out a way to help out the Joe workers, but I'm sure Cobo Joe's could use a little leg up. And what could be cooler than having a non-customer slip you a 20 for no reason?

I'm going to try to do this every week until the lockout ends.

I worked briefly at the Joe, but we were hired through Olympia Entertainment. We did more than just Wings game's, to include all the events that took place at the Joe. While the lockout will hurt the schedules of employees, I do believe they should still have jobs and working there. I think this is an excellent idea though and if I had any cash to spare, I would be throwing it in your general direction.

I don't live in the Detroit area, but I have been donating my time to the Griffins Youth Foundation and reffing more youth hockey. My time is just as valuable as money, and as a referee, I can give a Saturday afternoon to ref for free for the Youth Foundation. I am also doing a fundraiser that should bring in $5000 to the Youth Foundation as well this weekend. It has been planned for about a month now.

I am tipping a bit more too. I figure an extra little bit to people for what I am not spending on the NHL is fair. Besides, by now I would have attended about 3-4 games anyway.

Actually have a bit extra this month myself. Not much, but hey, why not?

Besides, they will be wanting to do their Christmas shopping soon.

Thanks a bunch! I've spread the word elsewhere as well. It would be great if all the teams got locals to help out in their area too.

We have our first recipient of FanAid! Merry Christmas to Jimmy at Cobo Joe's!

He and Shannon were awesome and very appreciative that fans have not forgotten who the real victims are in this lockout. I would encourage those who have the means that if donation doesn't feel right to you, please try to make a trip downtown and have dinner or a few cocktails. Seriously, every dime counts for these people right now.

Congratulations to Shannon on being recipient number 2 of FanAid. Stopped by Cobo Joe's today, had a quick cocktail and some fun conversation. She is awesome! I highly recommend going down there and saying hi. They are not open at night unless there's a concert or some other function happening at the Joe, but they're open til at least 4 during the day.

Thanks to Rivalred for joining me in FanAid today. We had dinner at Cobo Joe's.

Congratulations to Jessica for being the third recipient of FanAid! We had a great time and will see you soon.

Thanks to Shannon for the awesome time and the great hug when I came in.

thanks for doing this, Vladdy. A bunch of us went to Cobo Joe's in March 2012, when we were in Motown, going to a couple of game. It's great! The owner bought us a round, when we told him we traveled from Texas and Tennessee to worship our Red Wings. He was awesome. ^_^

Definitely on my list the next time I am fortunate enough to be in Detroit for a game.

Thanks to Rivalred for joining me in FanAid today. We had dinner at Cobo Joe's.

Congratulations to Jessica for being the third recipient of FanAid! We had a great time and will see you soon.

Thanks to Shannon for the awesome time and the great hug when I came in.

Pics or it didn't happen. ;)

This thread makes me proud to be a Wings fan. Best fans in all of sports.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Drake_Marcus" data-cid="2339217" data-time="1357910729"><p>

<br />

Pics or it didn't happen. ;)<br />

<br />

This thread makes me proud to be a Wings fan. Best fans in all of sports.</p></blockquote>

Shannon was very outgoing and we were doing shots together... Was well worth the trip

thanks for doing this, Vladdy. A bunch of us went to Cobo Joe's in March 2012, when we were in Motown, going to a couple of game. It's great! The owner bought us a round, when we told him we traveled from Texas and Tennessee to worship our Red Wings. He was awesome. ^_^

Definitely on my list the next time I am fortunate enough to be in Detroit for a game.

They'll appreciate it. Ask for Shannon or Jessica. They're hysterical.

Pics or it didn't happen. ;)

This thread makes me proud to be a Wings fan. Best fans in all of sports.

This is literally what Shannon said after FanAid 1. The Christmas card is taped up behind the bar. It's pretty cool. I think I'm going to send someone else in next time, though. Throw 'em off. :)