• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Johnz96

WJC

Rate this topic

Guest Johnz96

Red Wings should have some prospects at the tournament.

Frk, Ouellet, Sproul and Nedomlel should all be there. Bob MacKenzie sees Patterson as getting an invite to the camp and as one of a few goalies penciled to challenge for back up to Subban. Tvrdon would have been on the Czech team if not for the injury (2 years in a row that his season was cut short due to injury, he had a slow start (probably rust) and then was tearing it up before developing some sort of infection). Jurco is only 3 days too old to participate in the tournament.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=410405

Ryan Sproul isn't even mentioned and he just may be the best jr aged defenseman in the world. It is mentioned that Murray's offense will be missed esp on the PP but Sproul is even more capable of producing offense (Murray had 2 goals and 17 points in 23 games before getting injured. Sproul only has 2 less points, 2 more goals in less than half the games). He is scoring at a better clip than Hamilton but also has some size, plays physically and is right handed shot.

He got off to a hot start leading the OHL defensemen in scoring with 9 points in his first 6 games but broke his forearm in the 7th, he has returned from injury earlier than expected and hasn't skipped a beat continuing from where he left off scoring 3 goals and 3 assists in his first 4 games back. The Greyhounds are 4-9-1-0 without him and 7-2-1-0 with him. he is dominating the OHL like no other defenseman in a long time.

Edited by Johnz96

Guest Johnz96

i think sproul may have not been mentioned because he has been injured for a while. not sure what his status is right now though...

He has returned from injury much earlier than expected and has continued right back from where he left off scoring 3 goals and 3 assists in his first 4 games back and the Greyhounds are winning again now that he is back.

Guest Johnz96

Sproul is continuing to dominate the OHL. He has 4 goals and 4 assists in the 6 games back since returning from his injury. The Greyhounds are 9-3-1 with him in the lineup and 4-9-1 without him. In last Friday's 6-4 win against Erie he received a misconduct in the first for coming to the aid of a teammate who was hit into the boards from behind and pummeled the offender.

Dougie Hamilton is the OHL's leading scorer from the blue line and widely considered the best jr age defenseman in the world. He is averaging 1.30 points per game while Sproul is averaging 1.32 on a weaker team while missing time with a serious injury.

An interesting note, former David Frost pupil and client; Sheldon Keefe has been named coach of the

Greyhounds replacing Mike Stapleton.

In the few Greyhounds games I have seen this year draft prospect Darnell Nurse has looked very good. He is a tall bean pole who is as tough as nails and has some skill with the puck.

Edited by Johnz96

I'm a huge, huge fan of Sproul, but he just isn't getting the respect he deserves from the hockey community. Harrington and Hamilton are locks. Reinhart brings something to the table that the other defensemen don't, being the biggest shutdown guy invited to camp. After that, things get a bit hazy, but I think Ouellet/Rielly/Murphy all fit a similar role, and will be added for their puck-moving and offensive prowess. That leaves one spot and I think that battle is between Dumba, Corrado and Sproul. While I believe that Sproul is the most deserving of the three, Dumba is probably the "sexy" pick out of those guys. I just think he'll get it over Sproul, but I hope I'm wrong.

If it were my way, I'd love to see:

Ouellet-Hamilton

Rielly-Reinhart

Harrington-Sproul

Murphy

Guest Johnz96

I'm a huge, huge fan of Sproul, but he just isn't getting the respect he deserves from the hockey community. Harrington and Hamilton are locks. Reinhart brings something to the table that the other defensemen don't, being the biggest shutdown guy invited to camp. After that, things get a bit hazy, but I think Ouellet/Rielly/Murphy all fit a similar role, and will be added for their puck-moving and offensive prowess. That leaves one spot and I think that battle is between Dumba, Corrado and Sproul. While I believe that Sproul is the most deserving of the three, Dumba is probably the "sexy" pick out of those guys. I just think he'll get it over Sproul, but I hope I'm wrong.

If it were my way, I'd love to see:

Ouellet-Hamilton

Rielly-Reinhart

Harrington-Sproul

Murphy

Sproul is not getting recognition he deserves because of his draft position and because of missing more than half the season thus far with injury. He IS the best jr aged defender in the world