• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingsFan19

Could Petr Mrazek be Another Late Round Steal for the Wings?

Rate this topic

Good showing at the worlds, lightning quick, has beautiful reflexes. It's just really hard to predict the development or how a goalie will translate to the big show. He has the skillset to get far, especially when given a qualified expert goalie coach who will really dial in his game. One thing I picked out from your article right from the beginning was, "

There’s a saying that people often “save the best for last” and the Wings brass seem to have taken this idea to heart when picking their future stars

You gotta add in the "There's a saying that people often say, "<quote"

I would say he is on the right track. Course, it all depends on how you measure "steal". Players like Datsyuk and Zetterberg were steals because those were elite players. If Mrazek comes out and is a solid goalie, he would be considered a steal. Same if he is an elite goalie. Most people only consider it a steal if he is an elite player, but I choose to think of it as a productive player instead. There are very few players like Dats out there. I would be just as happy if Mrazek was an NHL goaltender and had to ride the pine in favor of a more elite goalie for the Wings.

I like what I see from this kid, but I am holding my vote until he enters the 2nd or 3rd year in the AHL. Can he be consistent?

Course, it all depends on how you measure "steal". Players like Datsyuk and Zetterberg were steals because those were elite players.

I always laugh at Z being a later pick, because I remember him being on Team Sweden during the Olympics as the ONLY non-NHL player. That isn't an obvious high pick? :lol:

Guest The Axe

I always laugh at Z being a later pick, because I remember him being on Team Sweden during the Olympics as the ONLY non-NHL player. That isn't an obvious high pick? :lol:/>

Nice! Zetts!

Don't look now, but the much maligned McCollum is starting to play some consistent hockey too. He got the win tonight (4-2) after posting a shutout on Friday.

6-3-1

2.47GAA

.909 SV%

Just pointing this out. Nice to have two steady guys in GR.

Hey oh, I like the competition... Though I think we should stick Cory Emmerton in net, after all his lightning fast speed is super awesome!