• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Johnz96

New CBA

Rate this topic

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The players know the risks full well and as a result, that's on them. No one's holding a gun to their heads...they have every single right to choose whichever occupation they'd like. Besides, minimum salary in the NHL is $525,000. If you last even 5 years, there's no excuse for you to not be able to live off that the rest of your life if you're willing to live a more modest lifestyle (I.E. $50-$75K per year based on the Economic Rule of 7). How many people have the opportunity to say that when they're roughly 27 years old?

They're not getting sympathy from me. They choose their path and its up to them to make their money last. I know I would if I had NHL Grinder level talent.

AMEN! Speak it my brotha. =)

For roughly $500,000 more added to your base salary of $525,000 - would you be willing to become the 3rd line LW grinder, and team tuff guy?

;)

Nope, because I've never been much of a fighter in my life. I grew up playing the scoring/defensive Center role.

However, I'd absolutely play the Patrick Eaves role on any NHL team. What happened to him does happen, but not all that often when you look at the percentage of those types of players in the NHL.

Really - not for $500,000 more?

Gotta give ya credit though - that style of play can be very hard on, and off the ice...I myself would do it - although truth be told I kinda see myself as that Terry Carkner type; 3rd pairing Dman, blocking shots, and punching faces. :lol:

No, because I wouldn't last one season in that role. Given the scenario I was presented, that would leave me with $1,025,000 and probably a concussion or two. The other role puts me at $2,625,000 career earnings and a hell of lot better chance of being healthier leaving the game.

If you can't tell, I'm all about the numbers.